California Adventure????

Is Califonia Adventure all what they say it is??

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The_CEO

Original Poster
MY family and I are heading to Disneyland this summer and I'm having second thoughts about spending my money on C.A. I know were going to D.L. but I'm not sure if C.A. is all that good?
IS C.A. WORTH THE MONEY?????

year2late

It has gotten alot of very bad press, but we have enjoyed it immensely. For us it is an "overflow" park. It is nice to see and visit, but we tend to head over there when Disneyland is too busy.

Check out the prices on park hopper passes and annual passes.

There is very little to do for the very young (toddlers)
but my 7 year old loves it.

dianedisney

Not Built in a Year

You have to remember that Disneyland was not built in a year. It has expanded and improved over the years. Pirates and Small World and more where added 10 years down the road. As it was with Disneyland it will be with California Adventure. I love CA and look forward to it evolving into its own park. Have a Disney Day!!

Gracy_hm

YES!!!!

It is an Imax Himisphere dome that puts you inside the screen. If you look below you you will see the water,trees,ext rushing under your feet and not a floor. And rquest seats frount row center even if you have to wait a bit longer it is worth it!

I LOVE this park. It is 1)Beautiful 2)Whitty and most importantly 3)FUN!!!

We flew across country to see DCA and I LOVED IT!! It took us a whole day and was a great park.

Just one word of advice "DON'T EXPECT DISNEYLAND"

It is different but very good.

I think it is worth every penny!
:sohappy:

NowInc

I personally think DCA will be a GREAT part....in a few years...right now (as with all NEW parks)..it just needs MORE. Give it time...once it expands..it will be a great experience ;)

Not that I am saying its not fun NOW....but I just think you should go in there expecing "less" than you do at other Disney parks ;)

ToTBellHop

I am extremely eager to see what they will do with the Tower of Terror as the begin constructing it. Will it be part hotel? Will they start with the current drop sequence or go back to the original? Any other changes? It should be very kewl...I hope it's not a carbon-copy of ours.
Kyle

The_CEO

Original Poster
I personally belive its not going to be part hotel ( all though cool) just it doesnt sound like disney would do that in a middle of a park.. does anyone have any TOT construcion pics ?

epcot71

i think dca will be a huge money maker for disney in time.keep in mind all disney parks including disneyland and wdw were not huge at first either.
disneyland-first year disneyland had non-disney employees working security and food carts-big mistake also first day disneyland opened peoples heels and shoes would sink into the newly paved tar on main street.
walt disney world- as busy at it was first year it didnt meet company expectations profit wise untill year 2!
euro disney now disneyland paris-was a flop at first!the french hated having an american park on their soil and for the first 3 years until disney had to restructure debt and have prince al-wed purchase a butt-load of stock and dump lots of cash into it it was doing real bad too.now look at it it is the biggest tourist destination in all of europe.
once all the quirks are ironed out look at how great it will be

CalDisney

1st of All HAPPY BIRTHDAY DCA!!!!:sohappy: :sohappy:

I would have to say I was at the Park last year for Preview days
I didn`t like it Cause it was so Crowdedand Hot:(
But after it opened on the 8th.
I went back ,It was a Much more pleasent experince
So much that I Had to Get a Annual Passport for the Park!
I have probably been at least 30 times in the past year
and There is always something New that I havent seen before:)

It is defenatly Worth checking out, Yes I know there are times when some of the Rides go down. But Do they Never go down at WDW Parks??

I am Renewing my 2 Park passes next Month.

DLMAGICDARREN

Is DCA worth a day's admission, you better beleive it!

Just for the three etickets (Soarin, Screamin, and Grizlly) alone it's worth it.

But like has been said, don't expect Disneyland. It's very true Disneyland was not built in a year, and very major attractions came years after the park opend, but all those reasons alone are not due to the park only being a year old. More so a lot of it has more to do with that the park opened in 1955, before Walt had even invented audio animotronics.

Still though, it's a must see at least once.

As for the Tower of Terror rumors of it being an actual hotel, some rumors never die. This rumor originates from the original idea that TOT in Disney MGM Studios would be a partially functional hotel. Although Eisner supported the idea, reality was soon shown to him how it was not profitable. The lesson was learned in 1994.

Tatton

DCA

Disney's Calif Adventure is ABSOLUTELY worth Admission!

We were in LA for two days, we had one day booked at Disneyland and another day part scheduled (in that we had a tour in the morning and then a free afternoon).

We took a TWO hour bus journey from Hollywood to Anaheim, then paid $32 for two hours on the park. Soarin' is one of the best Disney rides TO-DATE! and the rest of the park is just astonishing. You couldn't go that far, and NOT visit!

kevinwyld

I visited DCA for the first time on Friday 8th, which was the First Birthday, (on my first visit to Disneyland since 1990), and I was pretty amazed at how good it was, especially considering all the bad publicity it had received.
Soarin' over California was almost worth the entrance fee on its own; Grizzly River Run and California Screamin' were great fun; the Sun Wheel was interesting, especially on the moving gondolas.
The theming of the park was impeccable (sp?), especially considering the fact that it used to be a parking lot.
Finally, it was good to be able to see Blast again, after enjoying them at Epcot last summer. They certainly benefited from being inside a 'real' theater.
On a side note, it was a surreal experience to go into Disneyland itself, and feel that everything was slightly out of place when I have been to MK so often over the past two years - and it's certainly small , and the castle is almost too small! But the fireworks is so much better than that at MK, especially with the 'hidden' Mickey.
Finally, anyone going to Disneyland Resort must try and get a ticket to see The Lion King at the Pantages Theater in Hollywood - tickets are available at the resort, and you certainly won't regret it - it's amazing!!

Lhriangel

Originally posted by kevinwyld
Finally, anyone going to Disneyland Resort must try and get a ticket to see The Lion King at the Pantages Theater in Hollywood - tickets are available at the resort, and you certainly won't regret it - it's amazing!!

*grumbles* I'm trying to get someone to go with me but no one here really wants to. It's a shame too cause with our IDs we can get 27.00 tickets (one per id). I didn't get to see it when I was in NY cause.. well it's a huge hit lol. But it IS on my list of things to do before/if I move again lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom