Cali grill vs mk

Jkata87

Original Poster
hey everyone

never been to Cali grill before. just wondering from the people that have. the first night we get there it will be late afternoon, is Cali grill worth eating there and being there for wishes or would it be better just to go to magic kingdom and eat and be in the park? sorry that was kind of confusing..

Sweet Melissa

Okay, I'm going to treat that as two separate questions. First, food. No restaurant inside the Magic Kingdom is as good as the restaurants in the hotels on the resort monorail loop.

Second, fireworks. The view at California Grill is unique, but not immersive. The viewing angle is way off, so aerial bursts that are supposed to frame the castle look about a mile off. It's not my favorite.

Go for the food, then hustle back to the park for a good view of the fireworks.

zurgandfriend

I have to agree the food is the thing at the California Grille, the fireworks are nice to watch on the roff of the Contemporary. if you are like us you will what Wishes a couple of times so enjoy it at both locations.

HouCuseChickie

If you want to eat at Cali Grill and see fireworks from a nice vantage point w/o hitting MK...you could book an earlier ADR at Cali Grill and then take the monorail to the Poly to watch Wishes from the Poly beach.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
hey everyone

never been to Cali grill before. just wondering from the people that have. the first night we get there it will be late afternoon, is Cali grill worth eating there and being there for wishes or would it be better just to go to magic kingdom and eat and be in the park? sorry that was kind of confusing..

You can't go wrong with either and they are both very different experiences. If it was my first night, I would say go into the park, dine there and then watch Wishes. The view from Cali Grill is impressive but its not the same as standing on Main Street. Just a totally different experience. Here is are two terrible pics from a table by the window view at Cali Grill and the balcony.

IMG_3363.JPG

balcony

IMG_3349.JPG

So if you watch from Cali, you see the entire Castle with the fireworks over it but is a different feel then being right there on main street.

Mukta

I love Cali Grill. There is no where in the park with that quality of food.

The view of the fireworks is unique. After seeing it from the MK a ton of times, it is nice to get a different vantage point.

MaryJaneP

We enjoy Cali food. We enjoy watching fireworks from jam-packed outside walkway, even if the angle is way off (fireworks seem to be way off to the right of the castle.) It is a great evening if you can pay top $ for a tasty meal, appreciate being with family to watch fireworks/hear soundtrack at less-than-an-ideal-spot, and still look at the experience as a wonderful once-in-a-lifetime memory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom