Cali Grill or Ohana or Something Else

Betsyboo

Original Poster
I made a reservation for our February trip for the California Grill. It is to be our 15th Anniversary celebration dinner. After reading all the negative posts about the food, I feel like it may not be the best choice. Would you change to O'Hana or something completely different? We are on the Dining Plan and I'm not thrilled about 2TS credits going to waste for poor food. Honestly the main reason was for the view.

Tink0102

I remember when we were making our reservations for our 1st trip back in June I read a lot of negative reviews on Ohana's and thought about not going there, but we did and it was the best meal of our stay. I haven't been to Cali Grill, but I think you will get both good and bad reviews on any of the restaurants. Good luck!

Betsyboo

Original Poster
I remember when we were making our reservations for our 1st trip back in June I read a lot of negative reviews on Ohana's and thought about not going there, but we did and it was the best meal of our stay. I haven't been to Cali Grill, but I think you will get both good and bad reviews on any of the restaurants. Good luck!
Thank you. I've not been to either restaurant but I'm glad O'Hana worked out for you.

4 of us were there (Cali Grill) in mid September; all had excellent food and service.

Thanks. I'll have to let you know how it works out for us.

Minthorne

I made a reservation for our February trip for the California Grill. It is to be our 15th Anniversary celebration dinner. After reading all the negative posts about the food, I feel like it may not be the best choice. Would you change to O'Hana or something completely different? We are on the Dining Plan and I'm not thrilled about 2TS credits going to waste for poor food. Honestly the main reason was for the view.

Is O'hana a new Irish pub? Never heard of it...

California Grill has always been excellent for me.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I ate at Cali Grill a few years ago and was extremely underwhelmed by the food, and there was some issue with our waitress (I think one of her other tables was a problem table and kept her from getting to us promptly) but a couple of managers kept on top of it with updates and served our wine themselves, so that was well handled. But I didn't think I'd ever bother going back.

I ate there in September after the refurbishment, and the meal was extraordinary. I've already got a reservation there for my next trip in February.

We've enjoyed more than one anniversary dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse. It may not have the same "wow factor" that the location of CG or Ohana does, but the food is great and the service is outstanding.

The one restaurant that has consistently been top-notch for both food and service for us is Citricos, which is also a very nice atmosphere for an anniversary celebration, and if you time it right you can walk out after dinner and watch the fireworks from the GF boat dock, and/or also enjoy the Electrical Water Pageant.

Last edited:

mebucko

Hello,
We were at the Cali two weeks ago, and it was outstanding in all respects - a special evening!
We also love Artist Point and 'ohana - were at both in the last two weeks.
Enjoy, and Ch -Ears!
Bill

DizneyPryncess

We did Cali Grill for 2 anniversaries. Both were great meals! It's a special occasion meal for us. 'Ohana is a must do on every trip, and I actually prefer the type of food there. It is all delicious in my book though. Cali Grille was a more romantic environment, for us. 'Ohana was a more lively environment. Both are great depending on what you're looking for!

RobnRachal

We have only had wonderful experiences at Cali Grill. Our last was an anniversary dinner. We were spoiled with the best table in the house and had an extremely memorable evening. Service, food, atmosphere all excellent. Would never hesitate to return again. :happy:

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
We had a great meal at Cali Grill during our last trip. So great that I made it a point to be up at the wee hours of the morning to get an ADR when reservations opened up again (post renovation). Looking forward to our second meal there and the amazing view from the restaurant.

Marijil

i don't know what you've heard but CG is my favorite restaurant anywhere...not just WDW....food is excellent...Victoria and Alberts is where we spent 10th Ann...very very pricy but very special and worth it for this kind of occasion

Mukta

I have had great meal at both CG and 'Ohana, but the food quality and presentation at CG is a on a whole different level. From seasonal ingredients to wine pairings, my meals at CG are always top notch.

Hmac

For anniversary, would concur with most of the above...'Ohana is good and fun but more of a lively family place. CG's probably better atmosphere for a dinner for the two of you!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom