Cali Grill - Brunch or early dinner?

Jess G

Original Poster
I've never been to Cali Grill. It's been on my list for a while and the day it falls in my future plans will be a Sunday. Do you suggest brunch or early dinner?

danyoung56

I've not had the brunch, but dinner is always nice at the CG. Make sure you get your rez in as soon as you can, as it books up pretty quickly.

belledream

Dinner!! Still dreaming about not just our meal, but our entire experience that day. Also did an early dinner, watched the sun go down, toured the resort area a bit, and returned for Wishes. Perfect evening.

Jess G

Original Poster
Dinner!! Still dreaming about not just our meal, but our entire experience that day. Also did an early dinner, watched the sun go down, toured the resort area a bit, and returned for Wishes. Perfect evening.

How does it work while returning for wishes??

danyoung56

You just have to show your receipt at the station on the 3rd floor, and they'll let you back up, where you go out on the balcony (stopping at the bar along the way to pick up a drink!) and enjoy the show.

Jess G

Original Poster
You just have to show your receipt at the station on the 3rd floor, and they'll let you back up, where you go out on the balcony (stopping at the bar along the way to pick up a drink!) and enjoy the show.

That's awesome! I was hoping they will still offer the monorail dining loop thing when I go, but cali grill dinner sure seems like it will do just fine :)

durangojim

Brunch is wonderful, but it's a ton of food that I doubt many can actually eat all of. It would be nice if they had an option where you could skip the entree and the price would reflect that. If you've never had dinner there, I'd do that first so you could watch the fireworks. If you enjoy it, then try brunch some other time.

We just had the brunch for the first time back in December and loved everything about it - though, we are brunch lovers in general. My champagne glass never went dry of mimosas and the jazz musicians really set the mood. I found it to be very relaxing, and the food was all tasty. We're big sushi eaters, so we enjoyed tasting a few different rolls rather than having to commit to one or two. The lobster eggs Benedict was a star, for sure. Even with the brunch you can come back and watch the fireworks that night by presenting your receipt.

s&k'smom

Think we are going to have to do the brunch. Brings back fond memories of years ago before the renovation to the California Grill when we had a brunch there that was beyond amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom