Cab from MCO to WDW question

nelsonj3

I just found out today that the person that I had lined up to take us from MCO to WDW will not be able to pick us up due to a change in his work schedule. I know it is too late for Magical Express since we arrive on 3/15.

What is the best/most cost effective way to get from MCO to WDW. We don't really want to take the big Mears shuttle and stop at 20 other places. How much does a Cab ride cost from MCO to WDW? Should we book the Cab ahead of time, or should we just hail one when we get there? We have used Tiffany Town Car before. They are good, but kind of expensive. Also, we may not need a return trip due to the fact that I think my brother is taking us back to MCO.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I apologize if anything above is unclear; It's really late, and I'm tired!

:wave:

swimmom

I would try calling to see if you could book ME. You probably won't be able to utilize the luggage handling, but you may be able to use the free transportation. It's definately worth the call.

Upvote 0

dh999

We have used Tiffany towncar service many times and have never had a problem. You can find them on the web. I highly recommend them.

Upvote 0

Pongo

swimmom said:
I would try calling to see if you could book ME. You probably won't be able to utilize the luggage handling, but you may be able to use the free transportation. It's definately worth the call.

I second that. Disney's Magical Express is the best way to go. You can't get much cheaper than free!

Upvote 0

newfanatic

[I would try calling to see if you could book ME. You probably won't be able to utilize the luggage handling, but you may be able to use the free transportation. It's definately worth the call.
]

I agree. The two week notice is to enable them to get your luggage tags to you. If you are not going to use the luggage handling service, you won't need the tags. Just get your luggage before you go to the DME desk, and you will be fine. There should be no problem making a bus only reservation.

Upvote 0

RickEff

I concur. My last trip, something similar happened. I gave DME less than a week's notice and there was no problem. The only thing you'll have to do is go to the Disney's Magical Express window at the airport to have them print out your passes. But you must book ahead of time.

Honestly - I'd rather take my luggage with me anyway. I like to have everything there right away. I don't feel I'm on vacation until I've unpacked - so I get that done quickly.

Upvote 0

golenium

maelstrom said:
Doesn't hurt to try ME.

If not, I hear good things about Quicksilver town car service.

I've used Quicksilver twice already and am using them again this time! You can get a towncar for 4 for between $50-$60 for one way or around $100 round trip. Usually we use them for a round trip, but with the Magical Express, we're just taking them for the way in because they give you a free 30 minute stop at a grocery store, which really helps you save money on breakfast foods and supplies you may have forgotten. I highly recommend you try them out if you don't mind spending a few bucks, I think it's worth it.

www.quicksilver-tours.com is the link for it. Good luck!

Upvote 0

nelsonj3

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses! I decided to try and call ME. They said "No Problem." I also asked about the luggage, and they said that it was our choice what we wanted to do about the luggage. They said we didn't need vouchers and that we could arrange it at the ME Desk. I'm not so sure about that. I think I'll go ahead and pick our luggage up at the baggage claim and then head over to the ME Desk.
That way I know we have our bags!

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

nelsonj3 said:
Thanks for the responses! I decided to try and call ME. They said "No Problem." I also asked about the luggage, and they said that it was our choice what we wanted to do about the luggage. They said we didn't need vouchers and that we could arrange it at the ME Desk. I'm not so sure about that. I think I'll go ahead and pick our luggage up at the baggage claim and then head over to the ME Desk.
That way I know we have our bags!

We had no problem not having the ME vouchers, during one of my trips, they just printed them out at the desk. Also, because we didn't get our package for the luggage service, we just handed over the claim tickets and selected the type of luggage we had from a photo and they picked it up and delivered it to the hotel. No problem.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom