Bye Luigi's

the.dreamfinder

Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters! I like that name, and it drops the 'g' like all good DCA attraction names should.

That car in the picture looks like the ride vehicles Mint Crocodile discovered a couple weeks ago.

But I wonder how this works exactly???
This will be the first LPS,or trackless, ride in an American Disney park. I am looking forward to seeing if they create multiple dances for the cars so every ride wouldn't be the same.

lazyboy97o

Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters! I like that name, and it drops the 'g' like all good DCA attraction names should.

That car in the picture looks like the ride vehicles Mint Crocodile discovered a couple weeks ago.

But I wonder how this works exactly???
Why do you think it'll be different than the rumored dry Aquatopia?

TP2000

Why do you think it'll be different than the rumored dry Aquatopia?

Aquatopia loads/unloads like an Omnimover and is very high capacity, with the vehicles going through a series of set pieces and effects placed around the lagoon. This appears to be a cycle type ride where all vehicles stop to load/unload, everyone runs out and gets in a car at once, and then begins a 90 second spinning dance thing. Meaning the cars will have a set choreography and cycle time, which is much lower capacity than the Aquatopia setup.

Not that anyone in Disney management cares about hourly capacity anymore, it's all about effects and appearances and smarmy marketing and keeping the Celebrity Imagineers happy. :rolleyes:

But this seems to be a hybrid trackless ride system unlike anything else, although borrowing heavily from tech used in Aquatopia and Tokyo's Winnie The Pooh. It's kind of weird when you think about it, although most folks on the Parks Blog comments just think it's a rehash of Mater's. Which it obviously isn't.

lazyboy97o

Aquatopia loads/unloads like an Omnimover and is very high capacity, with the vehicles going through a series of set pieces and effects placed around the lagoon. This appears to be a cycle type ride where all vehicles stop to load/unload, everyone runs out and gets in a car at once, and then begins a 90 second spinning dance thing. Meaning the cars will have a set choreography and cycle time, which is much lower capacity than the Aquatopia setup.

Not that anyone in Disney management cares about hourly capacity anymore, it's all about effects and appearances and smarmy marketing and keeping the Celebrity Imagineers happy. :rolleyes:

But this seems to be a hybrid trackless ride system unlike anything else, although borrowing heavily from tech used in Aquatopia and Tokyo's Winnie The Pooh. It's kind of weird when you think about it, although most folks on the Parks Blog comments just think it's a rehash of Mater's. Which it obviously isn't.
Aquatopia is also over a larger area.

I'm not understanding why you think this is a hybrid system either. There is still a defined circuit like on all of the other trackless rides, the vehicles just don't all stop at a common point.

TP2000

Aquatopia is also over a larger area.

I'm not understanding why you think this is a hybrid system either. There is still a defined circuit like on all of the other trackless rides, the vehicles just don't all stop at a common point.

It's seems hybrid to me because previously the vehicles followed a set path through a show building like Pooh or Ratatouille or outdoor environment like Aquatopia.

This is something new. Like if they had a Teacups ride but instead of spinning on columns attached to obvious turntables the teacups just began twirling and whirling all on their own over a stationary floor. Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters will be unlike any other spinner ride that way, if they even spin. Italian dancing to me means the Tarentella, and imagine cars doing this sort of thing across the Luigi's dance floor with us inside riding.

lazyboy97o

It's seems hybrid to me because previously the vehicles followed a set path through a show building like Pooh or Ratatouille or outdoor environment like Aquatopia.

This is something new. Like if they had a Teacups ride but instead of spinning on columns attached to obvious turntables the teacups just began twirling and whirling all on their own over a stationary floor. Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters will be unlike any other spinner ride that way, if they even spin. Italian dancing to me means the Tarentella, and imagine cars doing this sort of thing across the Luigi's dance floor with us inside riding.

That would still be set paths, just more non-linear like the Heffalumps and Woozles room on Hunny Hunt.

lazyboy97o

Well of course. I don't think anyone thinks the cars will make up their own dance moves and hope the other cars get out of their way.
Google seems to be getting close. Isn't that sort of the promise and illusion Disney has been playing up since the mid-1990s with image talk of randomized rides? That'd be one heck of an experience, but given that the Tower of Terror is apparently still sitting with drop profiles in reserve I may be alone in that sentiment.

Travel Junkie

Original Poster
What do we have here?

CL067tdUMAE4AJ4.png:large

@mintcrocodile on twitter

Stevek

Those cars are big! How many can they fit in such a small area?
I was wondering the same thing but they seem to be about the size of the tires. I'm assuming there will be slightly fewer ride vehicles given the space but since they are all programmed, they might put more cars in there than we think. May be part of the fun to have tight quarters and cars dancing around just missing each other.

Travel Junkie

Original Poster
I imagine this is close to if not full speed. There's a lot of cars in a small space. There's not a lot of room for these to build up much speed. It would have been better I think if they closed down the tire's and then took their time to develop a worthwhile replacement. This sits at the edge of the land so there is room for expansion if they wanted to do a different concept.

In my opinion this will not be much of an improvement of what we had before. This one is lawyer approved though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom