Buying beer in WDW

celticfan

Original Poster
Is there anywhere in WDW, that you can get to if you don't have a car, to buy beer or water by the case?

We stay in the villas at the Boardwalk and it would be great to pick up a case of beer when we arrive and not pay the price to buy them one at a time. I heard the Hess gas station across from the entrance to Boardwalk might sell beer and water by the case. It would be worth the short walk if they did.

Has anyone tried this?

wdwfan100

A subject that is dear to my heart. The Hess gas station is exactly where I would direct you. They have beer and water at a price point well below typical disney prices. The walk is not that bad either. Good luck!

slappy magoo

If you're staying at Boardwalk or Beach Club Villas, yeah, that Hess is your best bet. If you're staying at Saratoga (ideally) or Old Key West (less than Ideally), you can walk/boat/cab to the Hess station across from Downtown Disney. I'd also suggest, if you were staying at any of the other DVC resorts, and didn't have a car and didn't want to get a cab, you could bus to DTD, walk to the Hess station from there, and then walk/bus back.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I dont think youll get Buckfast though.

Any liquor that comes in a tanker truck is scary!

BuckyinthetankO.jpg

And look...he already so drunk he's driving on the wrong side of the road! :lol:

adamcav

What about if we're staying at the Contemporary? Is the bus to DTD and the stroll over to Hess still our best option?

As a sidenote, I imagine we'd appear rather odd on the bus ride back with a case of beer on our lap :)

lumpydj

You can always try garden grocer or wegoshop. They will buy what you want and deliver to your room (for a fee). They both do regular groceries as well as alcohol. I guess it all depends on how much you want and if you can walk home with it or if you'd rather have it delivered...:wave:

stlbobby

If you are flying in, you can skip the Magical Express and get a car service. Most of the services will make a grocery stop for you at no extra charge. Then you could stock up on anything you wanted.

The car service charge might offset the savings, depending on how much beer we are talking about, but it would be convient for both shopping and the airport.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom