Buy

FutureCEO

Original Poster
If you were the Ceo and bought any company (1), what would it be?

Mine would be the B]Muppets[/B] because Disney can get a lot of rides owning them and more characters. It would be a perfect fit for Disney and MGM Studios.

MrPromey

Yep, it would be worth it alone to see the look on a certain persons face when Disney writers came in to work on the sequel to Shrek! :D

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by wdw24557
If you were the Ceo and bought any company (1), what would it be?

Mine would be the B]Muppets
because Disney can get a lot of rides owning them and more characters. It would be a perfect fit for Disney and MGM Studios. [/B]

Although that would be great I don't see it happening. The Hensen Family is very protective over Jim's creations and they are actually trying to stop Disney from using the Muppets all together. Supposedly Disney and Jim Hensen only had a hand-shake deal for the rights to use the Muppets. This would mean the closure of Muppet Vision. :(

MrPromey

Originally posted by DisneyFreak
BTW, I would like to see Disney buy Pixar before their contract runs up.

Me too. I think that would be awesome but I don't know how well it would work out. Disney would probably have to keep it running as a separate company or risk loosing half the talent when they try to make it conform to Disney standards... It really seems almost like a no-brainer to me though, I wonder why there hasn't been talk of it before. I'm pretty sure Pixar is publically owned so if Disney wanted it, the could probably get pretty much with or without Steve Jobs or anyone else's consent (could be wrong on that one though, especially if Mr. Jobs has controlling stock).. It seems that it would be cheaper to acquire it now before they release a few more movies and it becomes even more valuable, you know?

wdwmaniac

Universal- You have ties with Dreamworks I don't know if they own them or not if not buy them to and many others. You also have a winning situation for there parks!! Orlando would be owned by Disney all except Sea World. I might think about Nick too.

MrPromey

Originally posted by wdwmaniac
Universal- You have ties with Dreamworks I don't know if they own them or not if not buy them to and many others. You also have a winning situation for there parks!! Orlando would be owned by Disney all except Sea World. I might think about Nick too.

I don't know that Disney would be able to easily swing that one. Universal is a pretty big company. They are by no means an AOLTimewarner but it would still be difficult and costly. Anyway, I'd hate to think that Disney had anythign at all to do with those two parks in Orlando unless they were to do some MAJOR reworking of them....

MrPromey

I know the internet boom has sort of fizzled but I'd like to see them get their hands on Yahoo.. I remember back when internet stocks were riding high and Yahoo was worth more than Disney on paper (what were people thinking?) there was talk that Yahoo might acquire Disney. I'm really, really glad we never had to witness that but now that things have calmed down, I think both Yahoo and Disney could befit as long as Disney didn't try to completely absorb yahoo. I mean, I don't want to see a yahoo.go.com or to type in www.disney.com and get sent to disney.yahoo.com. I think if the run it as their own thing sort of like they do ABC for television, it could work. There would be plenty of opportunities to cross promote both in the parks and on the website with lots of links to Disney. Yahoo already has a really big user base and is trusted as a web brand name in much the same way that Disney is trusted as a real world brand name… If they could do it without a lot of cost, I think it would be a good move. It would also lock them in for a foothold in the interactive TV market if it ever comes to pass. I don't think it's going to the way they thought it would but I can still see TV and the internet coming a lot closer together in future years with things like movies on demand 'rented' directly from the studios that released them as well as many other possibilities. This kind of a deal would lend Disney a lot of credibility in the online world in the future when they may need it...

wdwmaniac

They may ty to but Yahoo because AOL and NBC both have have internet companies and Disney's Died so they may try to buy Yahoo. Yahoo/Disney? Or maybe Microsoft will buy Disney with this new At&t broadband deal they may slow take them over?

MrPromey

Originally posted by wdwmaniac
They may ty to but Yahoo because AOL and NBC both have have internet companies and Disney's Died so they may try to buy Yahoo. Yahoo/Disney? Or maybe Microsoft will buy Disney with this new At&t broadband deal they may slow take them over?

I don't think a Microsoft/Disney deal is very likely. Their business models are a little too different. Having Microsoft own Disney would probably tarnish Disney's reputation, too… I don’t see that one happening...

DisJosh

I would also like to see disney buy the rights to the muppets. But Disney freak doesnt seem to think it would happen........now i'm sad:(

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by MrPromey

I don't know that Disney would be able to easily swing that one. Universal is a pretty big company. They are by no means an AOLTimewarner but it would still be difficult and costly. Anyway, I'd hate to think that Disney had anythign at all to do with those two parks in Orlando unless they were to do some MAJOR reworking of them....

Justr flop the disney name over there and watch atendence just start booming iover there lol

MrPromey

Originally posted by JAY-ROD

Justr flop the disney name over there and watch atendence just start booming iover there lol

:rolleyes: That's what I'm afraid they would do, just stick their name on it! :p It would complicate things a lot if they did that anyway (unless the sold off the two parks). They'd have to arrange transportation to these parks from WDW and then people would be awfully close to International Drive where there are tons of business just waiting to get their hands on tourists and all their money...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom