Buy the ticket not with my own credit card

RTHYMS

Original Poster
Hi, can I use my family members' credit card (but the card is not at my own place) to buy the theme park tickets? The website tells me to bring the card when I arrive the park. Thanks a lot.
(If this thread is duplicated please tell me where I can find the previous ones. Thanks again.)

AndyS2992

I guess? As long as you have their permission and that that person and their card are present when picking the tickets up at the park gate.

Goofyernmost

I'm thinking it may eventually sort itself out, but, I am also thinking that it has potential of a great deal of delay and iron clad proof that the card holder did indeed, happily, let that card be used and carried by someone else. Never had the experience, but, it just sound like a huge possible problem. Why not pay the extra to have them send hard tickets (if they still do that) delivered to your card holder address?

RTHYMS

Original Poster
I guess? As long as you have their permission and that that person and their card are present when picking the tickets up at the park gate.
What if "that person" and "their card" both are not there? Should I go to the box office to state my situation?

Angel Ariel

Is it possible to purchase the tickets with your own CC, or with the CC of someone who will be present with you, and then whomever is really buying them for you could give you a check? Deposit that check and put it towards the CC right away...it would eliminate the concern you're having about issues at the turnstiles.

Minnie Mum

Why not just ask the card holder to purchase the ticket in your name? That way they do not have to release their cc number to you. When ordering, there is an option to have the physical ticket mailed to you. This can take 2 weeks or so (less than a week if you pay for express mail). When you get the ticket you manually add it into your MDE account so you can book FPs.

The problem with a cc holder giving someone else their number is the potential for cc fraud. At least with the method above, there is time for a cardholder to detect fraudulent charges, notify the bank, and have the ticket canceled. (NOT suggesting the OP is trying to do anything wrong- just why they do things the way they do). Of course I'm no expert. There are others on the board who are much more knowledgeable about credit card fraud. Hopefully they will chime in with their experience.

Kiwiduck

Sorry to hijack the thread for my own question but the credit card I used to purchase my ticket will have expired by the time of my trip. Should I keep the old card in case they ask to see it?
Surely lots of tickets are bought as gifts or a long time ago and so the credit card isn't available.

SugarMagnolia75

Hi, can I use my family members' credit card (but the card is not at my own place) to buy the theme park tickets? The website tells me to bring the card when I arrive the park. Thanks a lot.
(If this thread is duplicated please tell me where I can find the previous ones. Thanks again.)

You may be able to get the purchase to go through, but if they require the card to present in order to pick up the tickets then you'll need to look at another option. Honestly, would the how rampant fraud is nowadays, they shouldn't release them to you just because you think you can explain it.

Last edited:

The Mom

Premium Member
Unless you are an authorized user - which means you would have your own card with your name on it issued on your family member's account, I think you're out of luck. I added my children as authorized users when they went away to college, as they did not not have a high enough limit on their own cards to charge an emergency last minute plane ticket, pay an ER bill, etc.

draybook

We used our debit card once to place a will call order for Halloween tickets. The card has my MIL's name on it, and Trustmark keeps forgetting to change the name when we request it. They didn't give us any hassle at all. Just showed my ID and the print out of the order and got the tickets.

EOD K9

Hi all, I'm planning on committing credit card fraud very soon. Is there anyone here that can offer me some advice on how I could do that? I am obviously a male but am using a dead woman's credit card. Is there a way I can use it before it gets canceled and still pick up my tickets? Any advice would be appreciated.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

Dsnynut30

You can always have them buy a Walt Disney Gift Card and then you can purchase tickets with that

Dsnynut30

The Mom

Premium Member
It is quite possible that the OP is planning on committing credit card fraud. It is also possible that he/she is a college student, or someone who is living away from home, who has been given permission to use a parent's credit card # to purchase an online ticket, but wants to know if there will be a problem picking up the tickets since he/she does not have a card with her/his name on it. As I mentioned, I put my children on my CC (with their own cards) so that it would never be a problem. But I also trusted my children to treat my card respectfully and not use it for frivolous purchases. My mother also did the same for me when I was a young adult and traveling - she didn't want me to be stuck in a foreign country with no way to get home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom