Busch Gardens Williamsburg

CastleBound

Original Poster
I'm thinking of going to Busch Gardens Williamsburg soon and I need some tips.

How many days would be good to go, 1 or 2?

Any suggestions on rides or attractions??

thanks for the help!

jen2009

I would allow 1 full day from open to close. A must ride is Griffon and Apollos Chariot. I would also suggest the classice Loch Ness Monster. If Alpongeist is working give that a try. The Big Bad Wolf is scheduled to be torn down after Sept 7th, so if you get the chance ride that also. Most of the roller coasters there are good.

CastleBound

Original Poster
cool, thanks. I was trying to see if one day was good enough, so thats good that I can fit it all in! I'll make sure to hit all those rides. I'm trying to get there before the 7th to hit that ride too! thanks again!

timeman

You will also want to check out some of the shows along with the rides. You have Emerald Beat in Ireland, the Pet Shenanigans show and definitely This is Oktoberfest at Das Festhaus.

You will want to try to get to Das Festhaus around 30 minutes before the show, so you can find a place to sit and get your food. The best place to sit to see the most is on either side of the stage. The dancers even grab kids and people from the audience to dance. The deserts are to die for and all the food at Busch Gardens is made fresh at the park everyday including the pasta in Italy.

They do offer a Quick Queue option for the rides. There are now two different Quick Queue options. The first is the normal Quick Queue which costs $14.95 and lets you go to each ride once using it. They now offer an unlimited Quick Queue that allows you to use the Quick Queue line on every ride as many times as you want for that day. The unlimited Quick Queue is $39.95. Alpengiest and Apollo's Chariot have set the second row of the coasters aside for Quick Queue.

CastleBound

Original Poster
I'll definitely try to hit those shows too! It sounds like it could be worth it to get a quick queue as well! hmmm Thanks!!

JarJarJedi

Yes! Do ride Big Bad Wolf! I am so sad to hear that they are tearing it down. I've only been on it a few times (all in the same visit), and I can definately say that it was one of my favorite rides that I have been on. We have a simalar type of ride at Cedar Point, the Iron Dragon, but there is no comparison to Big Bad Wolf.

Also not sure if Roman Rapids is still there (I was last there in '97 I think it was... the year Alpengeist first opened), but I didn't get soaked like I had expected to. I hope you do! (I had to scream "Cedar Point is better!" at the end of that one... :ROFLOL:)

CastleBound

Original Poster
From everything I've heard in the past weeks, everyone really loves Big Bad Wolf. In a way I'm sad to see it go even though I've never been on it. haha Hopefully I'll be able to ride it once before its gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom