Bus Service at All Stars

CaptChris

I got a question.

I am bringing a youth group to WDW in August. I am currently planning to stay about a mile and a half off property on US 192. However, if I could get a discount code for the All Stars, and use my AAA discount and pay about $50/night that would be ideal. These kids have never left New England, so I would like to truly give them a magical disney experience. I would like to stay on property, but I have one concern--bus service.

I read somewhere that they have one bus servicing the entire all star complex (6,000 rooms!). If this is the case, I will probably be better off staying off property and communting.

Has anyone stayed at the all star recently, or is there a cast member that might be able to guide me in the right direction.

Any information would be appreciated.

Hank Scorpio

I'm staying in the All stars in Sept, and this too was a concern, but i've read numerous posts about this and now i'm confident it won't be a problem or too much hassle.

Apparently, each bus can run to every single resort but only when it's really busy, but then you have to remember that's still three buses visiting each of the resorts rather then one bus doing all three, so it doesn't make much difference. I guess it won't be too much of a problem for me in September as I understand it really quiets off after labour day, but I would say that in August it would be no different to any other resort.

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Don't worry, you will be fine, it may be crowded buses, but you will get where you are going. Disney won't let Bus Transportation Issues ruin your vacation. In fact, the earlier you leave to the parks the better, the return at night is where you may find yourself waiting a few buses.

Upvote 0

Erika

We've done the All Stars 3 times (once at each).

So far we're 3 for 3 with the busses. Average wait time was about 5 to 10 minutes. I won't include the wait for the Halloween Party since that was a special circumstance.

When you say 1 bus servicing the entire resort, how do you mean? If you're thinking 1 bus for all destinations, don't worry- there is a constant stream of busses, but of course, Murphy's Law dictates that the one you need will be the last one to come.

My vote is for staying on property. Give them the full experience. But whatever you choose, have a great time! :wave:

Upvote 0

tigga

I too have stayed at the All Stars, the bus service was great no hassle driving etc, when we were there last time there was one bus for each park but it called at all three all stars, we never had a problem though. In fact the transport was one of the deciding factors for us returning to the all stars this September:wave:

Upvote 0

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I've read some complaints on here, but personally I've never had a problem. I'd say the longest I ever remember waiting was 20-25 minutes, and I've stayed at all three All-Stars. I'm losing track, but that covers 6 or 7 trips.

Have fun!!:wave:

Upvote 0

rosie.ca

i found the busses were great! when you go out to the bus area there are bus stop signs for each of the parks ,you pick the one you want wait a few minutes and leave .sometimes the busses get packed but that is no big deal

Upvote 0

Momx3

My AAA rate at the AS Movies in Sept. is $69 a night taxes included. I'm not sure if Aug. is at the same rate catagory but I thought that was great to stay on site.

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Usually, when large groups, usually more than 10, visit the resorts, they usually have a Mears bus, or some other bus service to get them around the "World". I have never seen large groups on the bus, however, if your group is small, it would probably be fine. But most groups do get some other sort of transportation.

Upvote 0

chris70785

I've stayed at the all star resorts twice (movies & music) and have never had a long wait for the buses. I think the longest I've had to wait was maybe 10 or 15 minutes at the most if I just missed the bus. I agree that the all star resorts probably have the best bus service because of the volume of people staying there, so more busses are dispatched to serve these resorts. Don't worry, be happy!:D

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

Poor bus service at the All-Star Resorts is another MYTH!

The only people who have trouble are those who think transportation is "on demand". WDW keeps its busses on schedule much better than a city bus route!

If you just missed the last bus, another one will be along right on schedule!

DON'T LET THAT BE YOUR REASON FOR NOT STAYING ON PROPERTY!!! IT WOULD BE A HUGE MISTAKE!

Now get those reservations made and have a good time!!

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Becky

I stayed at All Star Movies Dec. 29-Jan 5.:sohappy:

Even on NYE I only waited 15 minutes to get a bus back to ASM.:cool: It was extremely busy as you would expect but they added tons of extra buses to keep things moving.:D

AS Music in early March max wait was 10 minutes:)

I'm going back to Movies in 10 days:sohappy:

Enjoy your trip and leave the driving to Disney:animwink:

Upvote 0

CaptChris

Original Poster
Originally posted by crazygirley
Usually, when large groups, usually more than 10, visit the resorts, they usually have a Mears bus, or some other bus service to get them around the "World". I have never seen large groups on the bus, however, if your group is small, it would probably be fine. But most groups do get some other sort of transportation.

We will have 14 people, and if I stay on the property I will use the Disney transportation, after all that is definitely an incentive for staying on property in the first place. It appears from these boards, there is plenty of room on the buses.

I will have a 15 passenger van that I will be driving from Maine, but I would prefer to take Disney transportation as people on these boards suggest are more efficient than driving to the parking lots and taking the trams and monorails.

Upvote 0

disneydancer2

I was there last month with a big dance group. We were there during a busy week ( week before Easter). Some lines did get a little long so you either had to split up or go on the next one. We did have to wait over an hour for yhe Downtown Disney bus one night but other than that (which could've just been an isolated incident ) it was ok for being a peak week.

You have to give the kids the full Disney experience so waiting for the bus is part of that.. if you can let them ride the monerail..that was always one of my favorites as a kid..it still is.

Have a great time! We had a blast!
If you are performing or playing a sport..Good Luck and Enjoy every moment!!

Have Fun! :wave: :wave:

Upvote 0

ucf disneyfan

You have nothing to worry about. I stayed at All Star Sports on my Highschool Senior trip and we took 400 students down and had no trouble. The rumor that there is only one bus is totally bogus. The buses are constantly running to the hotels. They are giant hotels so they are always ready for alot of people.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom