Bus, Monorail, or Boat?

What is your favorite type of transportation at Disney World?

• Boat

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Bus

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Monorail

Votes: 30 63.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Magical Genie 123

Original Poster
There are 3 ways to get around Disney World: Bus, Monorail, and Boat. So, which one out of those 3 would you choose as your favorite transportation? Which one would you prefer? For me its the monorail. I just love the view from up in the "sky" and looking down at the MK and some of the deluxe resorts :inlove:. So which type of transportation is your favorite?

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I voted Monorail from the three you listed, but my first vote is by walking. That is why I stay at Boardwalk Villas when visiting during Food and Wine. I stay a Bay Lake Towers when the grandkids want to do a lot at Magic Kingdom.

afar28

I vote boat. Relaxing ride, and just as fast as the monorail. We drive so I don't use the bus, and the monorail stops too much for my liking

MickeyPeace

image.jpg
Boat because of views like this. Nice breeze. I'm talking about the ferry to MK.

Disvillain63

Boats...especially from WL to MK and back...never over-crowded like the other forms of transportation...and the cool breeze, even in summer.

The Magical Genie 123

Original Poster
I voted Monorail from the three you listed, but my first vote is by walking. That is why I stay at Boardwalk Villas when visiting during Food and Wine. I stay a Bay Lake Towers when the grandkids want to do a lot at Magic Kingdom.

Walking is nice. Should have put it as a category. Sorry :oops:

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
The boat from Old Key West to Downtown Disney is one of my favorite relaxing things in all of Disney. Without that boat ride, I doubt I would go to DTD very often.

Figments Friend

It depends on the Park with me.

I prefer taking the ferry to the MK. Really builds up the sense of 'arrival' to a different world.
I sometimes take the Mono from the Poly, as i sometimes have breakfast over there at Kona on my 'first day' being in town.
The ferry is always nice..exspecially during sunset ( 'Florida Orange' indeed..!) or in the evening.

When going to EPCOT, i prefer the monorail. Fits the theme of the Park for me.
In the days when Guests could still ride with the Pilot up front, it was a tradition of mine to always arrive at EPCOT in this way.
The view of SSE right in front of you as you cruised the pylons passed it was awesome.
The view of the Park interior and WS in the distance was impressive from that seat, too.
Miss that.

DHS i usually arrive by car or bus..then either take one of the launches over to EPCOT or walk over later in the day.

DAK is usually bus/car only. Not a lot of options there...

jw24

Not even a question. The monorail for me because I like to ride it for fun and see the MK or Epcot in a completely different view. There are not that many monorails to begin with so just to be able to ride a monorail either going to a park or just for fun is a treat for anyone who visits Disney World or Disneyland in CA.

luv

The highway n the sky. :)

The boats and ferries are nice, too.

I'd rather have a splinter dug out than spend a week taking the bus.

LucyK

The boats are pretty cool and very different for those of us who doesn't live near a ferry. I enjoy taking the boat from GF and Poly to MK when I happen to dine at those resorts and going to DTD is a delight when using the POFQ boat.

Innkeeper's Club

Voted for the Boat and since I stay at the Boardwalk Inn taking one is very easy when I visit Epcot or Hollywood Studios.

However my first option is to walk when going to Epcot and Hollywood Studios because for me personally it's a lot faster and if I see a boat sitting at the dock, I usually beat it to where I am going.

Walt Disney1955

I voted the ferry. Bus is a distant, disant third here. Monorail is nice too and I love the scenic ride from Epcot to MK on the monorail. However, for whatever reason, I have always taken the monorail to the MK, and the ferry BACK to the parking lot at the end of the night. Each time. I don't know why. It is just sort of a tradition. I guess I like the ferry at night on the way home. So peaceful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom