Bus Driver Stories

tink729

Once while I was visiting at Christmas time, we stayed until the closing of Epcot and everyone getting on the bus back to the resort was exhausted. The bus driver conducted Christmas carols and explained that Epcot actually had a different meaning than most thought: Every Person Comes Out Tired.

Becky

We were staying at Pop once and had an early breakfast reservation for Boatwright's at POR. Knowing that we couldn't take a bus directly there, we figured we'd catch the Epcot bus, then switch busses to POR. When the Epcot bus arrived there was no one else getting on (it was quite early), and the driver asked us why we were going to Epcot so early. When we explained our plan he stepped off the bus and talked to someone, then got back and told us he could take us to POR. So there we were on our own private bus to POR!

Same sort of thing happened to us. We left the MK to go over to POR to "listen" to Bob. :) When we left to go to Pop we saw an Epcot bus (Epcot had just closed). We got on and knew we had to transfer at Epcot to get back to Pop. Only one other party was on the bus. The driver asked where we were really going and we told him. He took them to their hotel (I forget which) and us to Pop. :D

As far as talking to drivers most will chat with you while stopped at a light etc. if you are in the front of the bus. Many will have sing alongs if you are leaving a closed park. So many have done this I don't believe they would be fired for doing it as it seems more common than not. They would have to fire 2/3 of the drivers I have ridden with over the last 20 years.

StupidJudy

I have 4.

The first two were from our first trip as a family in 2003. The bus ride to EPCOT was amusing because the bus driver was entertaining with his what EPCOT really means; Every Pocket Comes Out Thinner and Every Pay Cheque Comes On Thursday. Also, the day we were going from POP to Chef Mickey for breakfast. This was before I discovered this site and all the planning involved in a Disney vacation. I thought we could just take the bus to MK and walk which you can but you need to use the walking path. Well we were late so stared walking across the grass near the bus parking area. The bus driver stopped us and took us to the Contemporary.

Last time we were at Disney my son was wearing his Captain Jack hat and the bus driver put on the announcements about Pirates invading the bus. I can't remember the exact spiel but it made my son's day.

The next is just a general wow what amazing people. My step mum, dad and my family went to Disney in 2007. My step mum had cancer and was in a wheelchair. The care and help the bus drivers offered were second to none. They also would never take a tip no matter how much my Dad tried to give them one.

I had a bus driver telling us the EPCOT meanings once; we also heard Every Person Comes Out Tired and Every Parent Carries One Toddler :)

Riversiders

When on our vacation in august my husband and i decided to do mk emh til midnight we left around eleven pm to get the bus bac to po resort to our horror the que for this was massive we must of waited for 40mins (2-3 buses later) to actually get on a bus.By now we were extremly tired as l was dropping off to sleep the bus driver decided sing at the top of his voice which annoyed alot of people then to add to this the driver noticed in his mirror ther was an off site hotel bus rite up the bac of us and preceded to slam on his breaks to slow the bus behind down thought we were all gonna go through the window considering how many people were on the bus(it felt like 100 bodys) this was nt very safe

luv

I have told this one before.

It was the middle of the day and I was on the bus with one other passenger - a guy maybe in his late 40's - and the bus driver (also male). While on the bus there was a huge downpour just before getting to Blizzard Beach. When we got there, there was a Brazilian tour group leaving because of the rain. It was all girls, in their late teens / early twenties. I guess they left quickly because they had not changed and were all still in bathing suits (mostly bikinis). They did not want to spilt the group, so they PACKED onto the bus. When we got to the destination and they got off, the other guy looks at me and says "they ought to make that a regular attraction and charge extra". The bus driver had a smile on his face that went from ear to ear.

-dave
The idea of middle-aged men drooling over and commenting about teenage girls is kind of pathetic, creepy and sad. Bragging about it is disgusting.

Especially since you are the father of at least one teen daughter, it is rather disappointing to read this. :(

Tinkerbella16

My mom just called me a little while ago, from WDW! Her and my step-dad are celebrating their anniversary this trip and she said they were coming back from MK earlier and the bus driver had everyone congratulate them and clap for them! They thought it was so nice! :D

I have been on quite a few buses where the bus drivers are just fun! They sing, do trivia and really make the drive to the parks fun and that is another reason why I love using Disney transportation.

I was just there last month and I had a very early ADR for Kona, so I was up early and headed to the bus stop at 6:40 to take a bus to MK and then the monorail to the Poly. There was bus for MK there waiting and I was the only one on and she asked where I was headed so early. I had no clue that she was taking me directly to the Poly! That was really nice of her to do that and I am sure it doesn't happen often, but there was literally no one heading anywhere at that time lol. It's the little things! :D

mcst1010

First time my family went to Disney, all 9 of us, we were staying in a villa at Saratoga Springs and I made a very early breakfast reservation at o'hana. Well my reservation was the first one of the day, which apparently is before the busses could get me there. The cm at Saratoga told us to get a bus with a character name on it. So off I go, with a large sleepy group to the bus stop. A bus gets there, just in time to make our reservation, but it is not a character bus. So I asked the driver about the character bus, and he said they haven't run for a very long time. I must have looked like a kid waking up to a Christmas with no presents. His bus was empty and he said, jump on, I love that breakfast! I protested that my poor planning was no need for him to get himself in trouble. He looked at the empty bus and said, " who's gonna tell?" We'll he drove us right there and filled me in on other great places to eat! Once we got there, he refused a tip. He said it made him feel better making our morning. I thanked him over and over, as did my whole party. And imagine this, somehow we pointed out a 20 he must have "dropped" as we ran off of the bus. A taxi would have cost me ten times that.

copcarguyp71

We were leaving DHS earlier this month after evening EMH at around 12:10 AM and after waiting for our bus for around 10 minutes the bus pulls in and we begin to board. As I always do I say "thank you" to our driver as we board only to notice this guy wearing sunglasses...not just tinted but dark black. We took our seats and mercifully another driver came on board to relieve him. I had leaned over and pointed out his eyewear to my wife so we both breathed a sigh of relief.

Mongomil

O.K. this is not a bus driver but a shuttle driver one. We were getting shuttled out to our car in the parking lot and made a couple of stops. Well people were hopping off a little before it actually stopped. We were coming up to the next stop and the p.a. system was a little louder and he came across saying "Please do not exit the tram untill we come to a COMPLETE stop. You know we have done this when we are moving the same speed as the pavement. Thank you and have a Magical day." For some reason this has just stuck with me.

need to find the fast way from one place to another? ask none other then a bus driver. if you think you no disney, you don't. but a bus driver now they know disney.

Phonedave

The idea of middle-aged men drooling over and commenting about teenage girls is kind of pathetic, creepy and sad. Bragging about it is disgusting.

Especially since you are the father of at least one teen daughter, it is rather disappointing to read this. :(

Really?

Nobody was drooling, acting creepy, or anything else. I guess the idea of a bus being packed to the gills with college aged women wearing bikinis does not seem out of the ordinary to you?

Where did I say anyone was leering, staring, or bragging? I sat there, the other guy sat there, and the drive drove. When we stopped, the other guy made an offhand comment (which I happend to find humorous - it was exactly as a typed it, no foul language, nothing overtly sexual) and the driver smiled at said comment.

-dave

Obi

have a few bus stories...

first one was back in '08. my niece went to the bb boutique and got all made up like a princess. as we were getting on a bus the driver got on the announcements and said that we had a fairy princess coming on board, etc. that gave her the biggest smile ever.

the last two were from '11 and both the same. had early breakfast adr. one was at cape may and the other one was at ohana. both times the drivers went out of their normal route to take us to where we needed to go. they were both very pleasant and talked with us along the way. i was so impressed with the interaction and going above and beyond what they normally would do that i took their pictures and sent an email, along with the pics, to meg crofton. told her how much i appreciated what they did for us and hoped that they get recognized for it... which they did, i later found out.

Tinkerbella16

Really?

Nobody was drooling, acting creepy, or anything else. I guess the idea of a bus being packed to the gills with college aged women wearing bikinis does not seem out of the ordinary to you?

Where did I say anyone was leering, staring, or bragging? I sat there, the other guy sat there, and the drive drove. When we stopped, the other guy made an offhand comment (which I happend to find humorous - it was exactly as a typed it, no foul language, nothing overtly sexual) and the driver smiled at said comment.

-dave

Wow I actually read your original post, and did not even think that was even remotely close to what you said.. People take things out of context way too much these days! Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Phonedave

Wow I actually read your original post, and did not even think that was even remotely close to what you said.. People take things out of context way too much these days! Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Thanks. I have to say, her comment caused me some pause. I consider myself a nice person, a respectfull person, and somone who is (and has been for years) a supporter of womens rights. I really had to think about what she had said and after much though I still think there was nothing "creepy, pathetic, and sad". Thanks for validating that.

-dave

graphite1326

I had a bus driver telling us the EPCOT meanings once; we also heard Every Person Comes Out Tired and Every Parent Carries One Toddler :)
one drive told us tha EPCOT stands for Employee Pachecks Come Out Tuesday. Apparently the do get their paychecks on Tuesday or so he told us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom