Bunk Beds...are they worth it?

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Pretty straightforward here...do you think it's worth it to pay more on a bunk bed room?

Im pretty sure the kids would enjoy the novelty when they're not fighting over who gets to sleep in the top bunk ( we do plan on alternating), but I also wonder if they're comfy bunks and if the novelty has worn off quickly for others.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
We had them at the AKL last year and at WL. Our boys loved them! They had no complaints about them at all.

We had bunks when we stayed at the cabins. My daughter loved sleeping on the top bunk and my husband never complained about the bottom bunk - my son was only 11 m and wouldn't sleep in the pack and play so he ended up sharing the full bed with me.

littleroo

Pretty straightforward here...do you think it's worth it to pay more on a bunk bed room?

Im pretty sure the kids would enjoy the novelty when they're not fighting over who gets to sleep in the top bunk ( we do plan on alternating), but I also wonder if they're comfy bunks and if the novelty has worn off quickly for others.

I always wonder the same thing! Will be interested in the responses!! Thanks!!

coachwnh

Our kids love the bunk beds. Almost as much as a Disney cake!!!

bethymouse

I can tell you this. When we booked WL, we booked a standard room. We were upgraded to a bunk bed room ( lucky I guess). My boys loved it! I guess what I'd do is take my chances and book a standard room then ask at check-in if you could have a room w/ bunk beds. If one's available, they usually accommodate you.;)

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
We got a free upgrade to a bunk bed room at AKL last year and our littlest (2 at the time) loved it. She liked pretending to sleep in her "up bed" (top bunk) almost as much as watching the animals from the balcony!

sweetpee_1993

We've had bunks at both AKL and WL in years past. When we travel it's all but a necessity now to have 3 separate beds because the boys are both so big. Chandler is full man-size and Brian isn't far from it. For our sanity and out of respect for our fellow guests we need the 3rd bed to avoid the inevitable squabbles. It's not a matter of if they fight, it's when. In the past if we were in a resort that didn't have the daybed the bunks have been a good alternative. Not so sure about now, however. Chandler may be too tall to fit comfortably anymore. ;) I'd consider how your girls do when they sleep together. If it doesn't work out well then go for the bunks so they can sleep apart. Our boys have always struggled sleeping in the same bed even when they were little guys because they sleep so differently. Brian is a very active sleeper who moves around a lot. He used to fling himself about including out of the bed when he was a squirt. He's also a sleepy cuddler who will get up next to the person in the bed without knowing he did it. Chandler needs things as close to what he's used to at home in order to sleep restfully. He needs stillness and space to roll over. There's never a guarantee of that when sleeping with Brian. Honest, Chandler is so weird about the still and no-touch thing I worry he'll refuse to sleep with a future wife and I'll never get the redheaded grandchildren I'm so looking forward to. LOLOLOL!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
We've had bunks at both AKL and WL in years past. When we travel it's all but a necessity now to have 3 separate beds because the boys are both so big. Chandler is full man-size and Brian isn't far from it. For our sanity and out of respect for our fellow guests we need the 3rd bed to avoid the inevitable squabbles. It's not a matter of if they fight, it's when. In the past if we were in a resort that didn't have the daybed the bunks have been a good alternative. Not so sure about now, however. Chandler may be too tall to fit comfortably anymore. ;) I'd consider how your girls do when they sleep together. If it doesn't work out well then go for the bunks so they can sleep apart. Our boys have always struggled sleeping in the same bed even when they were little guys because they sleep so differently. Brian is a very active sleeper who moves around a lot. He used to fling himself about including out of the bed when he was a squirt. He's also a sleepy cuddler who will get up next to the person in the bed without knowing he did it. Chandler needs things as close to what he's used to at home in order to sleep restfully. He needs stillness and space to roll over. There's never a guarantee of that when sleeping with Brian. Honest, Chandler is so weird about the still and no-touch thing I worry he'll refuse to sleep with a future wife and I'll never get the redheaded grandchildren I'm so looking forward to. LOLOLOL!

Ok- cracking up over Chandler and the redheaded grandchildren :D I'm actually that way when I sleep. I want my own blankets and space so I can wrap up like the human burrito :p and then roll around to get comfy.

The girls are funny...they each have their own bedrooms at home, but hate sleeping apart from each other. Soooooo, we have two twin beds crammed into one of their rooms. There are even some nights when they beg to share a bed...and they usually make it through the night without one shoving the other onto the floor- usually. ;) I think the bigger fight with the bed will be who gets to sleep on top, but we're only staying for 4 nights, so we can split it evenly.

Zman-ks

My kids loved them!
75.gif

Mine too! Its worth it for me kids. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom