budget trip, all advice wanted!

misskat

Original Poster
Having just come back from disneyworld am suffering withdrawal symptoms, so i think it's time to plan my next trip to Paris!

basically this trip is as budget as you can get without sneaking in under the gates (wait? can u do that!?) and i would be eternally grateful for anyone who could provide me with a link or two, a tip or three and basically anything to help get to Paris on a shoestring. i want to know how much money i need to be saving! (and how many evenings out ill be sacrificing to get it!)

thanks a million
kat

stagestar

Budget Trip ideas...

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,

there are many ways to reduce the needed budget for a DLRP trip ... the best way to get discounts on food, souvenirs and even the Disney hotels without question is the shareholders' club. All you need are a few EuroDisney S.C.A. shares (rather cheap as I may point out), then register them with the company and off you go with a 10% discount on quiet a lot. See http://www.dlp.info/HintsInfos/Discounts.htm

Also staying offsite is certainly an option e.g. at the Premiere Class in Bussy St. George a five minute walk from the RER-Station - but staying offsite certainly means loosing out on a lot of the extra magic. So if the Disney hotels are above your budget why not consider the three currently operating hotels in the Val de France section?? This is a new area of the resort developed in conjunction with outside hotel companies who constructed and manage hotels on property of the resort, so similiar to Hotel Plaza in WDW, just that all three currently operating hotels are at least slightly themed and in a wonderful natural setting overlooking a new man-made lake and the valley of a river. The Holiday Inn is usually offering very, very good rates through their website (something like 145,- Euro a night per room in a four star hotel!), while the Explorers is usually rather well booked by UK-guests. But then there is also the Kyriad the most beautiful but also most basic of the hotels. It's interior has a bit of a Laura Ashely themeing you could say. Really nice and usually as good priced as below 100,- per room per night! These hotels are a bit away from the remaining resort so you can't walk the distance, but they have their own free shuttle buses ... unfortunately our website does not have a decent coverage of these yet (not enough time) but you may want to take a look anyway: http://www.dlp.info/Hotels/FranceHotels.htm

Yours
Dirk

UKColinR

I know this message is probably far too late, but it says your in London on your profile, have you ever been to DLP by Eurostar, not directly to the resort, but to Paris, you can get a return from Waterloo for as cheap as £59 and then on the other side on the RER its like €10 to get to the resort, much better than paying the £99 they want for Waterloo - Disneyland, also if your not in the centre of london, and live near a station that has virgin trains serving it, you can get even cheaper tickets from them, but you have to take a Virgin Train to get to London, the Eurostar tickets worked out at £45 of the cost of my journey, not bad I dont think! And as Dirk said, theres always Premiere Classe for a cheap hotel, I have stayed at the one in Torcy 3 times, and I always find it adequate for my needs, and at €34 a night, you just cant complain!

Hope this isnt too late :) I only just discovered this forum :) (Good to see Dirk here too :))

Colin

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom