BTMRR refurb

jmuboy

Original Poster
Any details on the work being done here besides track replacement? Is the queue being "NextGen"ed? (that scares me if it is.......)

Scuttle

Any details on the work being done here besides track replacement? Is the queue being "NextGen"ed? (that scares me if it is.......)

Of course the queue is getting NexGen everything else at WDW is. I'm going to go ahead and say if the falling rock show scene/lift hill isn't fixed after this refurb I will lose it.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
In celebration of the BTMRR refurb, here's a picture of Frontierland's first mountain, years ago. Notice the parade route that winds off in front and to the left of the mountain. (A cast member is starting up the route in this picture.)

picture.php

NoChesterHester

Of course the queue is getting NexGen everything else at WDW is. I'm going to go ahead and say if the falling rock show scene/lift hill isn't fixed after this refurb I will lose it.

I agree. I have a feeling they will be made stationary. So hope I'm wrong.

Looked pretty torn up today based on Twitter pics.

Polydweller

I agree. I have a feeling they will be made stationary. So hope I'm wrong.

Looked pretty torn up today based on Twitter pics.

When we were there in October the rolling rock had been replaced with a scene that looked like broken track coming from another area in the mine. The "track" was made to look broken something like Everest.

JustInTime

When we were there in October the rolling rock had been replaced with a scene that looked like broken track coming from another area in the mine. The "track" was made to look broken something like Everest.

I think that was always there. The falling rock was to the left of the vehicle.

The falling rocks will never be back. They're putting in projections instead. One of these was already installed at the top of c lift (upside down so the rocks were falling up) before it went down for refurb.

Gregoryp73

If they don't just make sure that you take a basket of tomatoes up with you the next time you do a shoot....and aim for disney brass :)

captainkidd

The que should be left alone. It makes no sense to put in games or anything too fancy. It goes completely against the theme of the ride and the land.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The que should be left alone. It makes no sense to put in games or anything too fancy. It goes completely against the theme of the ride and the land.
Actually I think the queue needs the most plusing. The portion of the queue going up the hill is great but once you get to the building it is nothing more that boring switchback. If they can bring in elements that will make that portion more like POTC, HM or Splash I am all for it. As for the rest of the attraction I would just love to see what is already there fixed and a silent anti-roll back (ie EE) installed.

raven

The queue will be worked on. There will be different mining-themed rooms to walk through (an office and two other rooms I believe). And yes, expect some interactive elements to be thrown in. Maybe we will be able to set off a geyser or two. :wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The queue will be worked on. There will be different mining-themed rooms to walk through (an office and two other rooms I believe). And yes, expect some interactive elements to be thrown in. Maybe we will be able to set off a geyser or two. :wave:
:sohappy:

IWant2GoNow

Those seem like excellent additions to me. I agree with most in this thread that the queue is one of the longest switchback lines with almost nothing to look at or distract you from feeling like you're just standing in a line.

Is there a timeframe for all this to take place? I may have missed that possibly in another thread... Thanks in advance.

:wave:

Polydweller

I think that was always there. The falling rock was to the left of the vehicle.

Not what I saw, this was where the falling rock had been. The trip before there was just a black drape covering the area. Been on the ride since it opened so I know when things change.

GLaDOS

Not what I saw, this was where the falling rock had been. The trip before there was just a black drape covering the area. Been on the ride since it opened so I know when things change.

That was due to damage to the effect. It has since been removed and the rock is back, albeit stationary. The broken trestle is in front and above you and has always been there.

enoe01

I hope that they air condition the que, it is way to hot in the summer to being standing so close to others all while sweating.... ugh

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom