Brung Back Mr. Toad

Donaldistheduck

Original Poster
BRING BACK MR TOAD!!!!!! ITS THE GREATEST RIDE EVER. I AM MAD IT IS GONE AND BEFORE MY LIFE IS OVER IT WILL BE BACK IN DISNEY WORLD!:brick: WHOS WITH ME!!!!!!!!!

ALIHANDROSA TANGAS VERDIOS MEURDA
-MONORAIL

Testtrack321

If you replace Disney World with Disneyland, you're all set to go. But don't look for it at WDW. It's no longer with us, just like....

tapestry.... :cry: :cry:

RU42

Originally posted by Donaldistheduck
BRING BACK MR TOAD!!!!!! ITS THE GREATEST RIDE EVER. I AM MAD IT IS GONE AND BEFORE MY LIFE IS OVER IT WILL BE BACK IN DISNEY WORLD!:brick: WHOS WITH ME!!!!!!!!!

ALIHANDROSA TANGAS VERDIOS MEURDA
-MONORAIL

You might be interested, one of my weekend projects is to capture a 1991 Mr Toads Wild Ride video capture. Look for it in the Ride Videos section of the boards; see my sig for a link.

RU

General Grizz

There are things that are reasonable and things that..well..aren't.

In dealing with ride systems (i.e. JII and Mr. Toad) - things look helpless for the ORIGINAL to come back. Now, Sub voyage is easier (Disneyland) because of the fact that the building was unused. But now, Pooh is popular and there is pretty much no way of getting Toad back. Plus, the ride system is down, and they're not about to spend a fortune.

We have the original in Disneyland; perhaps they can enhance it. But I'm sorry to say that, at least in the Magic Kingdom, the wild ride won't return. Who knows...try MGM or something. :D

Woody13

Originally posted by jddjcfc
How did Mr Toad first get into Disney, it wasn't written or published by Disney was it?

The ride was based on the Disney movie "The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr Toad" which was released October 5, 1949.

Sir Hiss527

Originally posted by Woody13
The ride was based on the Disney movie "The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr Toad" which was released October 5, 1949.

That's not entirely all correct. Toad was first used in the book "The Wind in the Willows", then Disney bought the rights, and made a movie called "The Wind in the Willows" Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad, are 2 different 30 minute films, on the same video tape.

surfsupdon

I'd like to hear the Mr Toad Music while you waited in the queue, and it was in some parts of the ride I believe.

Any ideas where to find?

David

I know that I am going aginst the tide here and it's just my opinion, but I never saw the big deal over Mr. Toad. Every person's likes and dislikes are different, but to me there was nothing that special about it. Maybe I should go back through some old video I have of the ride and try to see if there is something that I missed.

Woody13

MR. TOAD'S WILD RIDE

Originally posted by surfsupdon
I'd like to hear the Mr Toad Music while you waited in the queue, and it was in some parts of the ride I believe.

Any ideas where to find?

I don't think it was ever recorded for sale, but here are the lyrics;

THE MERRILY SONG (NOWHERE IN PARTICULAR)
Music by Frank Churchill and Charles Wolcott
Lyrics by Larry Morey and Ray Gilbert

Are we on our way to Nottingham?
To Brittingham?
To B u c kingham?
Or any hammy hamlet by the sea?

No!

Are we on our way to Devonshire?
To Lancashire?
To Woostershire?
I'm not so sure,
We'll have to wait and see.

Are we on our way to Dover?
Or going merrily over
The jolly old road that goes to Plymouth?

Ho!

No!

We're merrily merrily merrily merrily merrily on our way
To nowhere in particular!
We're merrily merrily merrily merrily merrily on our way,
Though the roads are perpendicular!

We're always in a hurry.
We have no time to stall.
We've got to be there.
We've got to be there.
But where we can't recall.

We're merrily merrily merrily merrily merrily on our way
And we may be going to Devonshire,
To Lancahsire,
To Woostershire,
We're not so sure.
But what do we care?
We're only sure we've got to be there.

We're merrily on our way to nowhere at all!

http://home.cfl.rr.com/wdwsongarchive/mrtoad.htm

JackSkellington

I have to say Mr. Toad the movie was good, amd funny. But the ride was not that appealing. Sorry, but it is a rather old ride. It almost never worked when I went to DL anyway.:( R>I>P my friend

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom