Brother Bear Raft Ride coming to Canada at Epcot?

WDWizard626

Original Poster
:wave: Hey. While reading another Disney site, I was reading there rumors page and saw that there were rumors of a Brother Bear Raft Ride rumored to be coming in 2007 to Canada at Epcot. The location of the ride is listed as "Canada, Blocking Soarin' building". I ignored the rumor for a while, thinking that it was probably never going to happen and that it was just all rumors. But then, I posted the topic "Favorite Epcot Pavilion" and in the topic, Somebody said:
Definetely The American Adventure. But, when the raft ride is built, Canada will hold my #1 spot! :sohappy:
And after, I asked a few friends and they all told me that they had heard of the rumor before. So I was just wondering your thoughts, dose Canada need a raft ride? And can anyone tell me a bit more on this please. And have you heard of this rumor? :veryconfu

Brother Bear:
Brother-Bear--C10123409.jpeg

WRE4ever

I have heard the rumor too and I don't know what to think of it, it would be a good addition, but at the same time does a disney character based ride really belong in the world showcase?? and is the movie popular enough? I mean its a great movie but is it popular enogh for a ride??

BigNorm

I too have heard this rumour and would love to see more attractions in WS, but I'm not sure Brother Bear was successful enough to warrent a tie-in ride.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
TiggerRPh said:
This rumor is over a year old....I've heard nothing that shows that it has any truth to it....but it keeps popping up.

Maybe more like 2-3 years old. Thats the thing about Disney rumors. They never die. Note the thread about WRE.

At this point, the raft ride is unlikely. Though, they will probably add something for Epcot's 25th, but I think it would be more major than a ride in one of the countries.

calidisneygirl

IF the ride is built, it will most probably will be a clone of Grizzly River Run from DCA. That ride does not have a Brother Bear theme, but it is just across from a Brother Bear play area.

I LOVE Brother bear I think it's so underrated and a beautiful movie it actually almost makes me cry watching it!

As much as I'd love to see a ride made of it I agree I'm not sure how great a character based ride in the world showcase would be, I'd love a Canada raft ride and a brother bear attraction but I think the two should be kept sepearate.

WDWizard626

Original Poster
WRE4ever said:
I have heard the rumor too and I don't know what to think of it, it would be a good addition, but at the same time does a disney character based ride really belong in the world showcase?? and is the movie popular enough? I mean its a great movie but is it popular enogh for a ride??
Brother Bear Theme will be ok:
:rolleyes: Yup. I think so. And I am sure people who dont know the Brother Bear theme of the ride will enjoy the ride itself, so Brother Bear would be a great idea for a theme. And I was just reasearching the rumor and found out that this attraction is also rumored for Disney's California Adventure. I also found out that a new circle vision film to replace the much needed updating of
O Canada! is in the Imagineering stage. So there are many new things to come to Canada and the rest of World Showcase in the years to come, I think Disney is finally realizing that World Showcase needs more attractions.
:sohappy: :D YaY!:D :sohappy:

Tim G

Thrawn said:
Maybe more like 2-3 years old. Thats the thing about Disney rumors. They never die. Note the thread about WRE.

At this point, the raft ride is unlikely. Though, they will probably add something for Epcot's 25th, but I think it would be more major than a ride in one of the countries.
There will be no ride for Canada for the 25th... No... Not even then...

Shaman

Corrus said:

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

What can we expect for the 25th exactly? hmmm....

HEY CORRUS!!! :D :wave:

imagineer boy

I would like it if they built a raft ride to hide the soarin building, but definately not theme it to Brother Bear. That movie was no where near popular enough to have its own ride.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Corrus said:

Well now, does that mean we are getting something for the 25th?

Hmm lets look at this ... I said "one of the countries" and he said "Canada" ... so does that mean we are getting something in one of the other countries for the 25th?

BJMidget

WRE4ever said:
I agree.

tn1999

You guys are all hung up on Brother Bear themeing. I know disney has conditioned us to think a movie themed ride is more probable, but what about just a river raft ride with a Canada theme? that would be appropriate and respectable. All this because a movie comes out based in an EPCOT country? what about Mulan? wheres her attraction? and France has nothin either. THEY had TWO big time Disney movies. And besides, movie themeing in WS is just wrong.

goofyfan13

tn1999 said:
You guys are all hung up on Brother Bear themeing. I know disney has conditioned us to think a movie themed ride is more probable, but what about just a river raft ride with a Canada theme? that would be appropriate and respectable. All this because a movie comes out based in an EPCOT country? what about Mulan? wheres her attraction? and France has nothin either. THEY had TWO big time Disney movies. And besides, movie themeing in WS is just wrong.

Personally I would like to see something other than a Brother Bear themed ride in Canada but I wouldn't say it's wrong to put a movie theme in the WS. As long as the attraction is respectful to the heritage of the country and continues to teach and offer unique experiences the are best represented in that country, instead of being a plug for the movie, I won't have any problem with it.

Connor002

Welcome aboard.

Please watch your step, and don't believe everything you see.

In the event any of this actually happens, your posts can double as a gloating device.

If you are unconfortable with responcibility, please ask an attendant to explaing the difference from "fact" and "rumor."

Please refrain for using so-called "sources" who suggest this it true.

Thank you for your attention, and we hope to see you again soon.

Goodbye.

speck76

Thrawn said:
Thats the thing about Disney rumors. They never die. Note the thread about WRE.

No kidding

I don't work for the company, but I have never heard of the company completing 30 year old plans....especially when the customer's desires and tastes have changed so significantly.

Perhaps next we will get the Big Rock Candy Railroad and the Tron arcade

dizknee

For gods sake. Please do something with that monstrosity of a building that is Soarin'. I LOVE the attraction but it does take away from the look of the Canadian Pavillion. Even trees to hide it would make me happy. And while we are on the subject of monstrosities.... I know I am repeating myself but let's change the film in the Canadian Pavillion and BURN the celluloid. It is pathetic and a insult to everything Canadian.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom