Brother Bear and Wishes update!

sillyspook13

Original Poster
Today has been a big day for me!

The Brother Bear press event was tonight at Animal Kingdom. (Woo-hoo! I worked there!) Dinoland was open and we gave out Brother Bear prizas at the games. At the end of the night there was a surprise:rolleyes: Phil Collins concert!!! I heard Mikey Eisner and Roy Disney were there, but none of us saw them.

(A little side note..... there was some promotional filming done at Wilderness Lodge and Magic Kingdom recently- heard Rick Moranis was there......)

My other big news is that I've seen Wishes!!!! On our way home from the event we saw that a test show had just started- so we pulled over to watch. It was amazing! There are so many new effects including a burst shaped like a star, an improved "chandelier" effect, and of course the new launch sites. I can't wait to see it again with music!

:sohappy:

meanmice

Originally posted by sillyspook13
At the end of the night there was a surprise:rolleyes: Phil Collins concert!!!

I just love phil collins. how sad is that, an 18 year old who prefers phil collins over any other singer?

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by sillyspook13
Today has been a big day for me!

The Brother Bear press event was tonight at Animal Kingdom. (Woo-hoo! I worked there!) Dinoland was open and we gave out Brother Bear prizas at the games. At the end of the night there was a surprise:rolleyes: Phil Collins concert!!! I heard Mikey Eisner and Roy Disney were there, but none of us saw them.

(A little side note..... there was some promotional filming done at Wilderness Lodge and Magic Kingdom recently- heard Rick Moranis was there......)

My other big news is that I've seen Wishes!!!! On our way home from the event we saw that a test show had just started- so we pulled over to watch. It was amazing! There are so many new effects including a burst shaped like a star, an improved "chandelier" effect, and of course the new launch sites. I can't wait to see it again with music!

Awesome stuff!
Just to add a bit more.... Phil Collins was in WDW all last week filming a music video for Brother Bear in the Animation Studios at MGM and was seen around quite a bit! (No surprise concert there, though!)

Indeed they were "rehearsing" the new Wishes show 3 nights last week in preparation for the big debut - After hours, of course!
Around 11PM if you were out at the TTC, you could get a great view of the new effects! It was awesome alone, and must be FANTASTIC with the new music track! Can't wait for this one! Reminded me a bit of the special shows they do at the Christmas Parties where the fireworks are shot off in a complete circle around you while you are in the middle of the park! Quite a sight!!!

Also, we were staying at the Wilderness Lodge that week and indeed there was quite a bit of promotional filming and Press activity around the Lodge. Lighting and cameras were EVERYWHERE on the WL grounds and on each floor of the resort.
Neat stuff to see!

P.S. The movie looks good too! Posters and previews EVERYWHERE now!!! :cool:

SewIn2Disney

Re: Re: Brother Bear and Wishes update!

Originally posted by meanmice
I just love phil collins. how sad is that, an 18 year old who prefers phil collins over any other singer?

AAHHHH!! I finally found someone else as young as me who loves him!!! I've loved him since I was around 16 and Tarzan came out (I'm now 20) He is soo hot on that little picture on the back of the CD.

::End of freak out session::

mkepcotmgmak

lol - i am only 21 and i liked him when he was with genesis, and i like him even more now! and he is one of the best drummer's of all time... when i was younger i heard him play "in the air tonight" and that is when i decided to become a drummer~

ANY PICS OF WISHES? TAKE A CAMERA! lol - sounds like TONS of good things are going on at the parks! this is great news! thanks for the updates!

Yellowbird97

I have also been a Phil Collins fan for many, many, years probably since I was around .....younger. I think I may have to take grandkids to see Brother Bear when it is released. Does anybody know when the release date is?

Smee

Saw Collins with Genesis many years ago when they were still playing 2k seat theaters and Phil was just a drummer.

How's that for old.

Maerj

Originally posted by Yellowbird97
I have also been a Phil Collins fan for many, many, years probably since I was around .....younger. I think I may have to take grandkids to see Brother Bear when it is released. Does anybody know when the release date is?

The release date is November 1st. There will be some sneak preview showings before that.

Let me add that it is *very* important that this film does well. There is only one more 2D traditionally animated film coming out from Disney. Like most of the other animation studios, Disney is ready to give up on the hand drawn cel animation. So, unless Brother Bear and Home on the Range are successful, it may be the end of this style of animation.

I am working on a campaign to create awareness of this situation which will include an email to send to friends, relatives, etc., so that we can do what we can to save this dying art form.

netenyahoo

I will support Brother bear big time. I do not want traditional animation to go away.

They should of had Phil going the singing during a show Tarzan Rocks. How cool would that have been.

Sherm00

Originally posted by Maerj
The release date is November 1st. There will be some sneak preview showings before that.

Let me add that it is *very* important that this film does well. There is only one more 2D traditionally animated film coming out from Disney. Like most of the other animation studios, Disney is ready to give up on the hand drawn cel animation. So, unless Brother Bear and Home on the Range are successful, it may be the end of this style of animation.

I am working on a campaign to create awareness of this situation which will include an email to send to friends, relatives, etc., so that we can do what we can to save this dying art form.

Bascially this is disneys bread and butter i don't think they would just abandon it. Is disney working on any new technologies, like hand drawn and 3D much like that ball room scene in Little mermaid? anyone of any new technologies disney is working on?

tinkerbell2

I would have loved to see a sneak preview of Wishes! All I have to do is hear the word "wishes" and I get excited. One bad thing is that by the time I see it- it will be old news.:cry:

Pippa

I too am a MAJOR Phil Collins fan! :wave:

I am just annoyed I didn't get to see him at WDW! But I am very impressed that so many of you guys love him as over here in his native country he is now considered a bit dull, boring and totally not hip at all!

Long Live King Phil! :king:

Maerj

Originally posted by Sherm00
Bascially this is disneys bread and butter i don't think they would just abandon it. Is disney working on any new technologies, like hand drawn and 3D much like that ball room scene in Little mermaid? anyone of any new technologies disney is working on?

Disney has already gotten rid of two of their animation studios overseas, most recently the one in Japan. They have been laying off animators, selling traditional animation equipment and are retraining the remaining animators on the computer. They may try a few of those hybrid 2D/3D films, but traditional animation on the big screen is going away fast.

Dreamworks is now completely done with it, going as far as saying that traditional animation is dead. The only way to prove them wrong is if they make a profit from these last two films.

prberk

Re: Re: Brother Bear and Wishes update!

Originally posted by meanmice

Well, only in the fact that many people think that young people can only like music made by young people, and that so much of the new music made by other young people today is just not worth your time!

I find it great, though, that you are a young person who actually considers music made by older people, and not just the latest MTV craze. It shows maturity in YOU, and that is really encouraging.

Good music is good music, no matter what your age! :)

prberk

Originally posted by Maerj
Disney has already gotten rid of two of their animation studios overseas, most recently the one in Japan. They have been laying off animators, selling traditional animation equipment and are retraining the remaining animators on the computer. They may try a few of those hybrid 2D/3D films, but traditional animation on the big screen is going away fast.

Dreamworks is now completely done with it, going as far as saying that traditional animation is dead. The only way to prove them wrong is if they make a profit from these last two films.

Just like my comments about music above, I also believe that art is art, no matter which format.

Part of the fate of traditional animation (and CGI also, for that matter) depends on the story and the aimation itself. The Lion King wowed us with wonderful art (both hand-drawn and CGI), but sold us completely with a powerful, universally-felt story.

In the end, the art of animation lies dead without a compelling story with heart. Pixar knows that; Disney does well when they remember it.

Maerj

Originally posted by prberk
Just like my comments about music above, I also believe that art is art, no matter which format.

Part of the fate of traditional animation (and CGI also, for that matter) depends on the story and the aimation itself. The Lion King wowed us with wonderful art (both hand-drawn and CGI), but sold us completely with a powerful, universally-felt story.

In the end, the art of animation lies dead without a compelling story with heart. Pixar knows that; Disney does well when they remember it.

That's right, but studios nowadays believe that due to CG's success, that CG is all audiences want to see. There were even rumors about how Disney wants to remake their classics like Pinocchio as CG movies. Brother Bear has a compelling story and some great visuals, so hopefully it will do well enough to help keep traditional animation alive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom