!! Breaking News on the Polynesian !!

dr_teeth90210

Currently, the Polynesian's Tonga building is down for rehab and when it opens back up in early May, Polynesian resort fans will receive 2 wishes granted.

First of all, there have never been king size beds at the Polynesian, unless you want to shell out a couple of grand on the King Kamehameha or Princess Suites. Honeymoon rooms are being added and sure enough there all gonna have king size beds.

Secondly, guests have always complained about the lack of hot tubs at the Poly and all of the new Honeymoon rooms are having Jacuzzi Tubs installed in them.

This is a great new addition to the Polynesian line up and I think should get any future honeymooners vote for the #1 resort to stay at on Disney property.

longfamily

Sounds a bit cheesy doesn't it?:lookaroun

When I think of jacuzzi's in a room, I think of some yucky, red neck, roadside inn. The prospect of a jacuzzi being in a room is gross. I know, you're thinking what's the difference between a jacuzzi in a room as opposed to a pool or outside jacuzzi? Well, people do all manor of things in private and how often are those jacuzzi's cleaned out? It would be extremely costly to drain and refill and scrub every jacuzzi when people check out. People are less likely to do adult things in the general pool. Not that it doesn't happen, it just doesn't come to mind seeing as how they maintain the pools quite regularly.

I would rather see a jacuzzi built outside where it belongs for all to enjoy (and where it can be properly cleaned on a daily basis:animwink:)

Upvote 0

djmatthews

Longfamily, I'm assuming these are bath tub jacuzzi's (as featured in many other resort suites) rather than the larger type you find around the poolside.

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

longfamily said:
Sounds a bit cheesy doesn't it?:lookaroun

When I think of jacuzzi's in a room, I think of some yucky, red neck, roadside inn. The prospect of a jacuzzi being in a room is gross. I know, you're thinking what's the difference between a jacuzzi in a room as opposed to a pool or outside jacuzzi? Well, people do all manor of things in private and how often are those jacuzzi's cleaned out? It would be extremely costly to drain and refill and scrub every jacuzzi when people check out. People are less likely to do adult things in the general pool. Not that it doesn't happen, it just doesn't come to mind seeing as how they maintain the pools quite regularly.

I would rather see a jacuzzi built outside where it belongs for all to enjoy (and where it can be properly cleaned on a daily basis:animwink:)

They are probably bath tubs in the room with jets, not a 1000 gallon hot tub. :)

Upvote 0

BeachClubVillas

wannab@dis said:
They are probably bath tubs in the room with jets, not a 1000 gallon hot tub. :)

Most definitely they're the same ones that are in the DVC units, which I can tell you are the same size as a bathtub and are drained every time you use them. I don't think it's feasible architecturally for Disney to put giant hot tubs in individual rooms. I would think that the floor would cave in. :animwink:

Upvote 0

tikiman

I was told it was a jacuzzi tub and it is only happening to one room in Tonga. There is a small room in the front of Tonga that is sometimes sold separately but most of the time is used as an added on room to the King Kamehameha room and that is the one that will be turned into a honeymoon suite. The rest of the suites will just be upgraded with new furniture, color, flooring, electronics, etc but remain the same size. Also the single room is smaller than the standard size Polynesian room and cost over $500 a night. There were always king size beds in some of the suites before and this is not exactly the hot tub most people wanted to be put into the resort.

It will be interesting to see the suites after they are done.

Aloha

Steve

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

man....i really need to book at room at the Poly in the near future...think i'll convice the husband-to-be to do it for our 1st anniversary :drevil:

Upvote 0

tikiman

I confirmed with my friend at the Polynesian Concierge that the one small room in Tonga will be the only one converted to what they call a junior suite and have a King bed out in the room along with a Jacuzzi tub but this will still be over $500 a night for the smallest room at the Polynesian and the other suites will be the same layout. It would be a good room for just a couple but I would take a lagoon view concierge room over that room any day.

Upvote 0

dr_teeth90210

Original Poster
Tikiman is correct it is only going to be one room but it's going to be called a "honeymoon suite" and it's available to book now for travel dates of May 11th or later.

The price on the Honeymoon room is

$510 for the value season.
$580 for the regular season.
$645 for the peak season
and
$720 for the holiday season.

It in fact faces out over the marina and has views of the castle. Granted a lagoon view concierge room would have you closer to MK, I would still chose the honeymoon suite over the Lagoon View Concierge just for the jacuzzi tub.

Either way there both great rooms and are the exact same price.

Upvote 0

tikiman

Thanks for the info Dr teeth. I would have never known to even check. You are correct that they are the same price but AAA and AP rates do not apply to suites and they do to the Lagoon View Concierge room so someone might be able to get a better rate on the LVC. You do get some extra perks in the suite so that would be a plus. The view is through the marina as shown in the link below. As far as the name I am just going by what concierge there told me yesterday because I called it a honeymoon suite and they corrected me and said it was a jr. suite but anyway thanks again for the info.

Aloha

Steve

prin04.jpg

Upvote 0

dr_teeth90210

Original Poster
Good point about the discounts though. An AP discount can seriously drop that rate..

For instance, staying in a concierge lagoon view room during regular season normally is $580 but with the AP discount it brings down to $480. Over the course of an avg. 6-night stay you'd be saving over $600.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

The use of the term "honeymoon suite" or "Jr. Suite" is based on who is booking the room.... :p

At least that is what we are told to say at DRC when booking a guest the "honeymoon room" at the Wilderness Lodge....

Upvote 0

tikiman

I was not trying to start an argument, I was just posting what the concierge (who runs the suites) said. This was what was in the email.

“All the suites will remain the same, with the exception of Suite four it will now be a Junior Suite that is similar to Honeymoon.”

I am not saying that the front desk guy was wrong but it would not be the first time someone at the front desk had the wrong information. The concierge staff usually knows more about what goes on in concierge and I was just posting what I was told.

I like JPVonDrake’s response myself.

Aloha

Steve

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom