Breaking News: Building the Future Epcot

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The buildings don`t need to be removed - just rethemed and maybe landscaped around... its all the concrete that needs to be sorted out. If anything, the original fountain and Communicore looked gentler to the eye than Futureworld Central of today.

World Showcase Promanade is a pleasent walk - I don`t need to do it by the fountain (which I can see just fine now thank you)

There is plenty of green out by the Land / Seas, and by UoE / Life, not forgetting the landscaping around that other waste of space (The Odyssey Complex.)

I mentioned this in an earlier thread, but Innoventions East couldn`t be completley demolished due to Computer Central and the DACS Mainframe. Or is each show independent now?

One things for sure, if they just cleared out the middle of Futureworlld I would spend an hour or two less in the park... just think Michael, all that food and merch revenue lost...

BwanaBob

I seriously doubt that there's going to be that much extra traffic that they need to widen the walkway....and why wouldn't they do both sides at once?

If any of you remember what that wall looked like before the covers went up...it was awful!

The cracks in that wall almost looked as if someone had run into it with a utility go-cart or something! So bad, they went almost all the way through (they probably did). I almost took pics one day to post, but we were too busy bashing folks for complaining about 'poor show' threads, so...

I'll put money on "fixen' 'er up' vs. widening.

DarkMeasures

Here is how I can see the gardens working good. Imagine 2 floors, top is the gardens and the bottom is a newly concieved innoventions/communicore. Well the bottom would feature the exhibits outside with cooling vents nearby and protection from the elements from the gardens above so there wouldn't really be a lost revenue.

The higher garden floor would be maybe only 8 feet higher and feature a garden greater than eden?

Grizz, is this what it will be like or will it just be a garden so massive it will take 3 days without shelter to get from The Land to Mission Space?

TURKEY

Original Poster
Originally posted by BwanaBob
I seriously doubt that there's going to be that much extra traffic that they need to widen the walkway....and why wouldn't they do both sides at once?

If any of you remember what that wall looked like before the covers went up...it was awful!

The cracks in that wall almost looked as if someone had run into it with a utility go-cart or something! So bad, they went almost all the way through (they probably did). I almost took pics one day to post, but we were too busy bashing folks for complaining about 'poor show' threads, so...

After going back and looking...

In order to widen, the tree and planter area would need to be removed, unless you want to widen the bridge, then have it narrow back down again.

BwanaBob

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
After going back and looking...

In order to widen, the tree and planter area would need to be removed, unless you want to widen the bridge, then have it narrow back down again.

Bob and turkey...

thinking logical....

(...as usual!)

:D

tztowerofterror

i say they're just gonna wipe out the bridge and make it part of the new water ride behind canada, tear down innoventions, put trees in it's place and rename the park EPCOG: Experimental Prototype Community of Gardens!!

:lol: :lol: :hammer:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I must admit, I chuckled when I saw the tarps and the signage when I was there 2 weeks ago. I wondered what earth-shattering guest experience (foghorn) they could be building in such a small space. My guess is that they're replacing the railing.

:hammer:

BwanaBob

Originally posted by BwanaBob

In this case.....pay no attention to the bottom of my signature line!

...because IT DOES matter!:D

9251EpcotWall-med.JPG

Number_6

I just joined recently(gee, couldn't tell from the whole "Just Joined" above the avatar?:lol: ), but I wanted to say that if they are planning on demolishing Innoventions in place of gardens, I would rather they just do what someone else was suggesting and reduce it in size instead of completley blowing it all up. With a size reduction, they could still add some nice garden landscaping without losing too much of the shade and refreshments. If they brought back the whole thing of "this is what's being worked on today, for use tomorrow" idea that would be great. Also, I liked what people were saying about setting it up with aspects of Walt's original vision. I just picked up the Disney Treasures DVD for "Tomorrowland" and that includes the entire film that Walt did when he revealed the idea of WDW and actually focused on EPCOT. It was really very cool to see the whole thing, not just parts and if you haven't picked it up, it's very much worth it.

Yellowbird97

I just love the picture of Epcot BwanaBob! Wish I could hop right into it. I agree with Number_6, welcome to the boards! I am also pretty new at this. I also believe they should try to remember the way Walt saw EPCOT as being the future of tomorrow and work towards his ideas. I also miss Horizons building as many of you do. :(

Poncho1973

Keep this on the d/l...

Operation: Ladder concept has been returned to it's rightful home at the Studios. Awaiting funding.

Operation: Chair planning underway at Epcot. $300M budget greenlighted.

***that is all***

WDWFREAK53

and our one and only Irawaddy Erik is here showing off the wall!

EDIT: I think some other curious "What's behind the Wall" fans were taking pictures as well...I see one.

Attachments

• erikwall.jpg
    erikwall.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 112

awallaceunc

Originally posted by Poncho1973
Keep this on the d/l...

Operation: Ladder concept has been returned to it's rightful home at the Studios. Awaiting funding.

Operation: Chair planning underway at Epcot. $300M budget greenlighted.

***that is all***

What exactly does this mean? lol. Maybe you're just joking, but I'm confused! :lol:

-Aaron

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom