Breakfast reservation at Ohana; Making it to Epcot?

If I (party of 2, no kids) have a 7:50am reservation to Ohana, how feasible would it be to make it to Epcot before the park opens at 9:00am? Everything I've read indicates that you want to be in line at least a half hour before the parks open which obviously wouldn't be possible... so I am wondering if this is a good idea... or if we will just be missing out on golden opportunities to do the most popular attractions before the queues get long. We plan on spending the entire day at Epcot and then eating dinner around 730 or 8 and catching the Illuminations show. Will we have time to do everything?

This is for a Monday in September so in theory the crowds should be lightish compared to other days and times of the year.

Edit: I should also note we will have our own car available so driving is an option if it is the quickest way to get from Ohana to Epcot (which as I understand it... is).

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Highly unlikely you will make even at a "slower" time. Even if 'Ohana takes you right at 7:50am (which usually you wait a little while) you won't finish your meal and meet characters, for at least at bare minimum an hour. Usually takes us (only 2 me and DH) at least 1.5 -2 hours for a table service meal even family style ones. Then it will take you by car (fastest) or monorail at least 30+ min to get to Epcot and inside Epcot. So no in my opinion it is definitely not doable if you want to be at Epcot for opening. You would actually need to start heading to Epcot at around 8am to make it on time. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Schneewittchen

Last week I had a 7:40 ADR at 'Ohana. We were late (dang Peach monorail) and were probably seated around 8:05. The stars aligned, service was fast, the characters were bunched. We didn't do parks that day, but we did arrive at Disney Springs via bus by 9:35ish.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We had breakfast at 'Ohana only once. Service and character rotation were both sluggish. Although we were seated within 5 minutes of our reservation time (around 8am) and ate quickly (our speed was inadvertently spurred by our server, who never returned to refill coffee and didn't ask if we wanted seconds of anything until about an hour in, when we were itching to hit the road), it was probably a full 90 minutes before the check was delivered, all characters had come by, and we were able to leave.

That being said, OP, on a Monday in September I wouldn't be worried about missing rope drop at Epcot. Make good use of your Fastpasses (knock off all 3 in the first 3 hours so you can immediately see if there's any additional Tier 1 choices available for your 4th), use the Test Track single rider line and/or visit the biggest headliners (Soarin', Test Track and Frozen Ever After; to a lesser extent, Spaceship Earth and/or Journey Into Imagination) during the last hour before the park closes to avoid long lines. Other than that, touring Epcot should be pretty pain-free at that time of year, even if you don't get there at rope drop.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom