Breakfast or snack ideas

Weather_Lady

We do our own in-room breakfasts and snacks, too! As awesome as Mickey waffles are, I'd really suggest keeping it simple, especially if you want everybody up-and-at-'em for rope drop, and don't want to spend a lot of time in the morning preparing food and cleaning up afterward. Here are some items we've brought in the past (all non-liquid items, since we fly down and travel with carryon luggage only), including for our October 2012 stay at PORS:

- Dry cereal (individual mini-size boxes); we buy milk at the general store -- PORS had one right next to where you'll check in -- and I bring nested Gladware plastic bowls and spoons which I wash and reuse during our stay. My daughter loves oatmeal, so I've brought flavored oatmeal packets in the past as well, and mixed them up using water I'd heated up in the coffeemaker.
- Emerald "Breakfast on the Go" granola packs, or other packets of dried fruit, gummy snacks, cheese-n-crackers etc.
- Pop Tarts (can be eaten raw, or "toasted" using your in-room iron and some tin foil)
- Fresh fruit (apples or bananas)
- Fiber One bars (a 'regular' vacationer is a happy vacationer!)
- Flavored coffee creamer powder (helps make the "free in-room coffee" they provide taste a bit more luxe)

If on the dining plan, we typically find that a light breakfast is all we need and that additional snacks aren't necessary, since a daily snack is included in the DDP and the meals (1 CS and 1 TS per day) are pretty ample. If the kids did want a snack, I know mine would just reach for more breakfast cereal! :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom