break downs

Raven66

We went on Test Track during our last trip to Disney (May 2004) and it stopped right in the heat portion of the ride. We were in there for about 20 mins. and I thought I was going to melt right there. :lookaroun But all in all it was a great ride and we went on it again.

surfsupdon

TT takes the cake, no matter what.

I've never experienced Haunted Mansion breaking down, but enough people seem to ahve stories about that.

I'm also in line for Rock n RollerCoaster when that thing breaks down. And sometimes they clear the line, other times not. It happens a few times per vacation, but not nearly as frequently as during its inagural year.

Dinosaur, too, tends to have minor technical problems every so often.

tbell

We were stuck on Splash Mountain, during a light rain (we did have ponchos on) for about 40 minutes... I can still hear that music in my dreams.... and when we went down Splash Mountain, there was no water running... you could see the rails........ it was fun!!

MissM

DDuckFan130 said:
Hey that's funny, because whenever HM has stopped while we've been on, it's always when we're descending backwards. It's gotten to a point that when we go through that part and nothing happens, we're disappointed :lol:.
Add me to that list! *laughs* I've gotten stopped in that same spot at least three times. It's the darndest thing!
-m

rainfully

My favorite breakdown story is we were riding Buzz Lightyear, and we were right towards the end when all the cars stop spinning and face forward, but mine was facing backwards... and the whole thing stopped... and some guy had to come out and fix my car... everyone was looking and i felt soooooooo stupid... and some guy said "you broke the ride!! way to go!!" how embarrassing!

Rcoaster809

I've never been on TT when it's broke, but I have been in line, or I wanted to get in line a lot. ToT has been breaking down more often in recent years.

My worst break down story comes from Splash Mountain. Just before going up the big hill. We were stuck for 45 minutes and missed Wishes that night because of the problem. There were 6 people I knew in our boat, and by the end of it, I knew the other two too. The boat infront of us had this annoying 15? year old girl from New York in it who swore the entire time, and said everything loud enough for all the boats in the area to hear. The CMs were nice when they came around, but they did not tell this girl to stop. Oh well, it was an...interesting experience.

murphy

We broke down on POTC in june. It was with the bridge over our heads and the mans hairy leg hanging down looking like it was going to fall on us! This was kind of uncomfortable, and looked very strange!

Amsi

Test Track definately wins this one. I can't quite remember, since I only go once a year, but I think our car broke down right when we were about to crash through a wall (?). I dunno...
And then there was the tour group that was trying to wrap their seatbelts around their necks or something. We had to wait a while by the seatbelt stand thing while they got situated. They found it highly amusing when they realised their mistake, so we figured it'd be safe to chuckle about it. It was pretty funny.

Also, I've had Haunted Mansion stop many, many times
Oh, gosh! For some reason we always stop right when we reach that giant, flourescent spider. Ugh! It gives me the creeps. I can't look at that thing for too long, so I just take a little nap while we wait, which is kinda hard since I think you're going downhill but whatever...

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
I know at coaster (RnRC) we've had a lot of 101's recently. Told a buddie of mine "Watch. First five minutes that Im back at Coaster, we'll go 101" (I had been at Fantasmic a lot at that time.

Sure enough, five minutes after I walk into Launch Base, we go 101 because a woman managed to drop her purse into the pit at load BETWEEN THE CARS. (Dont ask).

But the biggest thing we've had 101s because of is...well Im not going to say because you would get worried about being on it (Seriously!). It's nothing major, and it's even being worked on at this minute but still....

Another time a few weeks ago, a fire alarm went off in the gravity building for NO REASON WHAT SO EVER. It just malfunctioned and went off. Reedy Creek was called out, building evacuated, 101, then 102 like two minutes later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom