Brazilian Tour Groups at WDW

imagineer boy

objr said:
The possibilities are endless...

LMAO! :lol:

Yeah, like handicapped cheerleading brazillian tour groups who won't go on M:S because its deadly and ask about Monorail expansion and Indiana Jones Adventure replacing the stunt show where they get annoyed by Patrick's clackers when they also ask when's the 3 O'clock parade who get rumors of a new Harry Potter ride and a fifth gate themed to thrill rides from WDW bus drivers.

Anyone care to add on? :lol:

S_Grise

imagineer boy said:
Yeah, like handicapped cheerleading brazillian tour groups who won't go on M:S because its deadly and ask about Monorail expansion and Indiana Jones Adventure replacing the stunt show where they get annoyed by Patrick's clackers when they also ask when's the 3 O'clock parade who get rumors of a new Harry Potter ride and a fifth gate themed to thrill rides from WDW bus drivers.
Precisely! Those are the ones I'm tired of! :lol:

MKCustodial

Myron said:
Do those Brazilian Tour Groups still come to WDW every summer? I haven't returned since 1998 as a result. They were more than obnoxious; one girl slapped my friend in the face. It happened at the "Lion King" show at the Animal Kingdom. It seems they leave the line to "cool off" and leave 1 tour member on the line. They take turns doing this. When my friend resisted letting them back in line, he was struck. These kids are arrogant and think that WDW is theirs. We've had problems with them pushing in front of us back when they had the "Electrical Parade". Besides pushing for spaces in front of us, they kept waving banners in front of my camcorder, which ruined my tapes! We haven't returned to WDW since these experiences.

Yes, the groups are returning to WDW, although not in the same force as in the mid 90's. back then, dollar exchange rates were 1 to 1, so it was cheaper to go to WDW than to many domestic places. A bit before 9/11, though, the exchange rates were already clmbing, and 9/11 was just the final straw. Of course, it also added the aggravation of increased bureaucracy in getting a VIsa and entering the US. Things are picking up, though, even if personally I don't see those huge tour groups coming back any time soon. Of course, the damage of creating the stereotypes and the urban legends is already done, so to the common American, a group of Brazilians speaking Portuguese and a group of South Americans speaking Spanish is probably the same thing.

jmaxwell007 said:
2. they have a different culture and to them, waving banners in parades or social events maybe custom.

Actually, the waving of banners or flags is not a quirky Brazilian custom. You just try leading a 40 + group of non-speaking rude loud-mouthed teenagers around WDW without at east 2 helpers and a flag each so that people can see you from a distance.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
there were at least 4 of them at Universal the last 3 days, and more than half them were wearing shirts indicating that WDW is in their itinerary. and yeas, they were attempting line-cutting, pushing their way in front of others at locker rentals, laying down in groups of 20 on main walkways, etc. they are the rudest tour groups you'll ever encounter down here.

bsandersjr

We never had too many bad experiences with groups...
Who cares where they are from? You WILL ALWAYS run into a gang of morons anywhere you go.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
because the groups from Brazil always run a pretty well scripted course of action. that's why the thread was referring to them in particular. let's just say when you see the shirts, passes, and flags in front of an attraction, you'll know what kind of behavior to expect in and around the queue. I'd love them to start proving me wrong.

GoldenFantasmic

Ralph Wiggum said:
there were at least 4 of them at Universal the last 3 days, and more than half them were wearing shirts indicating that WDW is in their itinerary. and yeas, they were attempting line-cutting, pushing their way in front of others at locker rentals, laying down in groups of 20 on main walkways, etc. they are the rudest tour groups you'll ever encounter down here.
As a fantasyland cast member, and working the occasional Spectromagic parade, I can say yes to all of those things that you just mentioned. Brazilian teenagers seem to know how things are done at the parks, like when boarding their boats over at It's A Small World. They don't wait for us to tell them where to stand, they just follow each other like lemmings (the blue and yellow shirts tour groups are the worst of the bunch). One night, while working parade at castle hub, the warm-up to the parade suddenly turned into the last night of carnivale, and they were making all sorts of loud noises (where's Pele for crowd control when you need him). Often I usually wait for the tour groups (brazilian or not) where the leader is carrying a white flag, and I then make all the people in that tour group stick both their arms straight up in the air.

pluto77

I was there one summer when the Brazil was playing France for the World Cup or something. And there were a bunch of Brazillian tour groups, my brother must've looked like a model or something because all of the girls were taking his picture, and two of them kissed him on the cheek while this huge group got in a picture with him. It happened all day. But then France ended up winning and we didn't see them much after that. It was crazy though. My brother didn't really seem to mind though...:lol:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
pluto77 said:
my brother must've looked like a model or something because all of the girls were taking his picture, and two of them kissed him on the cheek while this huge group got in a picture with him. lol:

No they were playing grab a grot and guess who won??????? :animwink:

Yeah, they all still come!- My Brother and I decided we were going to start a new game at disney! Capture the FLAG:Brazilian Style- It's where you see a flag you run up and take it and then run away as fast as you can! see the resemblence of the real capture the flag?!?

MickeyMan101

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
better yet, grab the flag and throw it into a lake. they'll push right through you as they follow it in, one by one. problem solved.

xtimMOOthyx

I hate to be rude, but they were EVERYWHERE when I was there a few days ago, and they were disgusting. Their tour guides ran around the parks with the flag in the air and in their matching t shirts yelling and screaming. Now, my family and I can be obnoxious, but they easily put us to shame. Talk about disrespectful! Everywhere we went, they were clapping and stomping around the park. A CM at Soarin' commented on how they seemed to have so much fun and were a great group, and all I said was, "Eww." :hurl:

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
I can deal with rude teens all day. what i hate about these groups is I've had to educate my 11-year old daughter about their behavior and how to counter it. she took an elbow in the cheek a couple of days ago in IOA by 4 girls pushing through our family in line. I took care of it, but she tookthe shot. racial profiling has it's benefits.

hls1023

My boyfriend and I were at WDW during the day ( can't remember but I think it was like 2001 or 2002) and that night happened to be Disney's Night of Joy (I think that's what they call it). Anyway, I 've never seem a ruder bunch of Christian kids in my life. It was one group of about 20 in particular, we where in the Haunted Mansion and while the CM was trying to say her little bit before you actually board the right they where screaming rude stuff to her (it looked like they had no adult chaperones). I finally got sick of it cause all this poor girl was trying to do was her job so I turned around and told the girl yelling behind me to shut up. I normally don't get into altercations with people but I was trying to enjoy the ride (it is my favorite) and these little idiot teenagers where ruining it for everybody.

barnum42

hls1023 said:
My boyfriend and I were at WDW during the day ( can't remember but I think it was like 2001 or 2002) and that night happened to be Disney's Night of Joy (I think that's what they call it). Anyway, I 've never seem a ruder bunch of Christian kids in my life.
It's been reported that more theft from the shops occurs on these Christian nights than any other time of the year. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom