Booking in 2013

meganw1985

When will prices/packages be available to book for 2013? I know It's a long way away, but I'm starting to plan for next summer already, as we will have a new baby, and for also budgeting purposes. We are going to do a cruise on the Dream as well, which I can go ahead and book, but I would also like to get a resort stay booked (and apply any special offers later). It's been SO LONG since I've been, I'm not even sure what to do anymore! Lol

meganw1985

Original Poster
August seems awfully late for next year booking...that makes only 5 months until the start of the year, which would be past the 180 day mark for Adr's?

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Last year they were released around June if I am remembering correctly, which was a surprise as typically the release date is in August. Keep an eye on these boards or the KK Facebook page or follow us on Twitter as we will be sure to post that information as soon as it becomes official. Check out our site at www.KingdomKonsultant.com Marie

Upvote 0

sbkline

We're planning a split stay in April 2013 between the Grand Floridian and either Coronado Springs or a Value Resort. I called last week just to get a ballpark figure of how much to expect it to cost, expecting that official 2013 prices would not be available until August as usual (or June, as in last year, as already mentioned). I expected to be told that rates are not available yet and that this is how much the stay would be based on 2012 rates. However, I was informed that the official 2013 room only rates are now available and I went ahead and booked both halves of our 2013 trip under those prices.

This seems highly unusual since in the past, I have booked a room only as early as April or May for the following year, just to hold a room while waiting for the rates and packages to be released later in the year. Even when booking a room only that early, I have always been told that those were unofficial rates based on a high end estimate of what the following year's rates might be, and to call back around August to get the locked in rate for the following year. However, I was not told that this time around. I was told that 2013 room only rates are now available but if I want to book a package, that part will not be available until later in the year.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi there, I spoke to Disney just to confirm and yes we can book room onlyreservations with a confirmed pricing for 2013 ( up to 499 days out). Package pricing is still anticipated to be released in the summer, they did not know if it would be June or August though. Marie

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

What would happen if you got a key code to use on a 2013 package? Or they released a discount on the room or package?

It depends on the exact situation. If there are rooms/packages eligible for the discount, then you can usually apply the discount to your vacation. But not all discounts include all room types/resorts. If you are still able to make changes to your reservation they should let you rebook it at an eligible resort/room type if you so desire.

However, common thought seems to be that if you have a trip booked, you may not get any PIN codes. And by booking well in advance, there is a slight change that your reservation helps to push that room type over the threshold for rooms that get a discount into those that do not. Depends on how badly you want a certain room type.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

It depends on the exact situation. If there are rooms/packages eligible for the discount, then you can usually apply the discount to your vacation. But not all discounts include all room types/resorts. If you are still able to make changes to your reservation they should let you rebook it at an eligible resort/room type if you so desire.

However, common thought seems to be that if you have a trip booked, you may not get any PIN codes. And by booking well in advance, there is a slight change that your reservation helps to push that room type over the threshold for rooms that get a discount into those that do not. Depends on how badly you want a certain room type.

Exactly so!!! Marie

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom