Booking ADRs

Victoria Victorious

Original Poster
So I haven't actually booked my Disney World vacation yet, because the boyfriend still needs to have his vacation time approved (should be approved within the next 10 or so days). So technically I don't have a reservation or anything. My question is, I want to go ahead and book ADRs for the more popular restaurants we plan on going to. Can I go ahead and make the ADRs without having actually bought admission to the parks? Do they ask you for a reservation number or anything like that?

PS We plan on going beginning of February 2013 which is only 4 1/2 months away. I don't want to lose out on eating at popular places.

ratherbeinwdw

So I haven't actually booked my Disney World vacation yet, because the boyfriend still needs to have his vacation time approved (should be approved within the next 10 or so days). So technically I don't have a reservation or anything. My question is, I want to go ahead and book ADRs for the more popular restaurants we plan on going to. Can I go ahead and make the ADRs without having actually bought admission to the parks? Do they ask you for a reservation number or anything like that?

PS We plan on going beginning of February 2013 which is only 4 1/2 months away. I don't want to lose out on eating at popular places.
Sure you can book your adr's. They only ask for a credit card number if you book at one like Crystal Palace or such. They charge your card if you don't cancel within a certain amount of time, usually one day. There are many that don't even ask for that. Just make sure and cancel if you find you're not going to use them so someone else will be able to book.
You do not even have to stay in their resorts to be able to book your adr's.

Mukta

I have a bunch of ADRs booked for my December trip and I haven't booked a hotel or anything yet. Go ahead and book what you want before it is gone!

OswaldTheRabbit

I for sure would book. You can always cancel. But remember to cancel or they will charge your cc a no-show fee! Let us know which ones you get!

DisneyAubs

no problem at all since you're already within the 180 mark. Like it was mentioned, some locations do require a CC guarantee, so just make sure you remember which ones to cancel if his vacation time doesn't get approved.

maryszhi

you can book before you get tickets. the only thing for some restaurants need a credit card that will not be charged unless you do not show up with out canceling a fee, or if its a higher up they charge the full price, and you will not get a refund if you do not cancel or not show up

stevehousse

Another question, if I am going may 5-12, am I able to make my adrs for the entire trip on the 180 day start of my vacation or do I have to call each day to make adrs for the rest of the days???

DizneyPryncess

Another question, if I am going may 5-12, am I able to make my adrs for the entire trip on the 180 day start of my vacation or do I have to call each day to make adrs for the rest of the days???

You can make your ADR's for your entire trip on the 180 day start of your vacation, for up to 10 days, as long as you're staying at a Disney resort. If you're off property, that's when you need to call for each day of your trip. :)

stevehousse

Thank u for the clarification! Have stayed onsite many times but the last few trips we have stayed In a vacation home literally 3 street lights down the road from the Disney entrance sign! (a 4 bedroom house with a pool and for only 100 a night) having 2 young ones that need to nap and take a break from the parks We like the privacy of going back to our "own home" I don't mind havin to call everyday, it'll only make it a little more exciting! Hope I get all our adrs we want

luv

You don't need to buy tickets or have a Disney room to make a reservation, so go for it!

They do ask you for your reservation number if you are staying I'd a Disney hotel. I'm not sure why. Maybe so they can link it all up. But you need not have one.

You can make reservations starting 180 days out (190 if you're in a WDW hotel.) Some restaurants will require a credit card number and they'll charge no-show fees if you punk them.

Dad 2 M & M

You don't need to buy tickets or have a Disney room to make a reservation, so go for it!

They do ask you for your reservation number if you are staying I'd a Disney hotel. I'm not sure why. Maybe so they can link it all up. But you need not have one.

You can make reservations starting 180 days out (190 if you're in a WDW hotel.) Some restaurants will require a credit card number and they'll charge no-show fees if you punk them.
The no-show fee is usually (always?) $10.00. Make your ressies as early as possible and please cancel if you choose not to use! Most people cancel near the date of the ressie, opening up the opportunity to grab a nice ressie late in the game!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom