book fastpass+ at midnight?

KCKAS

Original Poster
hi all, this is my first time with fastpass+. My information says I can book at midnight on july 17. How much of a difference would it make if I wait until the next day or should I just suck it up and stay up late that night and book at midnight? I ask because I wouldn't actually be staying up late. I would fall asleep and have to be woken up by an alarm for midnight. I am quite lame when it comes to staying up late. Thanks. Karen

CaptainAmerica

Are you a resort guest booking at 60 days or an off-site guest booking at 30 days? Assuming 60, you'll be fine UNLESS:

1. You have a large party (more than 6ish).
2. You absolutely must meet Anna and Elsa.
3. You're very inflexible regarding your times.

Even if those things are all true, you'll still probably be fine. But they're the big "red flag" items when it comes to FP+ availability.

Tom

Beta Return
In theory, yes, you will be able to book just after midnight the morning of July 17 (if that's what you meant). According to the current Park Hours, the MK is open until 12 on July 16, meaning the system should reset and allow you to book once the last park is closed.

They could, however, take the system down for maintenance. They typically don't announce that. So there's a chance it could be more like 6am before you are successful.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Sleep in. If you are staying on property it means you are traveling in September during a lower crowd period.

I have booked fastpasses for high volume times (Easter and Christmas) and never book earlier than mid-morning on the first available day. I always get what I want (including 7DMT, TSMM, Soarin') at the times I want. The only hard-to-get fastpass I haven't tried to book is Anna and Elsa, since I don't need to meet them.

KCKAS

Original Poster
We are Disney resort guests staying in September so this is the 60 day advance. We do want anna and elsa, toy story, and seven dwarfs ride. Thanks for all of your input.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
First, anna and elsa and seven dwarfs are in a different park as toy story. So, you wont be able to reserve them on the same date (just making sure you are aware).

That said, FP+ will become available to you 1 hour after park closing tonight, eastern time. Tonight the park closes at 11p, so yes, you can book at 12:01 eastern, for example.

DaisyDoesDisney

Today is my Fast Pass day. I slept much later than intended this morning and just now completed my FP selections. I got every single thing we wanted at the exact time we wanted it for all 7 days of our trip. I was very specific with the times as everything had to fit around my ADRs. We do a full serve breakfast every morning, a signature dining dinner every night, and either tea at the Grand Floridian or a full serve lunch several times. All dining reservations were already in place and the remainder of our schedule revolves around those. My itineraries are very specific and our time is 100% planned out. Even so, I managed perfectly with sleeping late and hitting the computer at about 1:00PM. We are not doing Animal Kingdom on this trip (we spent a lot of time there in April) but scheduled all of the most popular rides in the other 3 parks. I did not want the Elsa&Anna experience but it was an option on 2 of our 3 MK days.

Lott2912

Just to make you aware my hubby and I booked our fast passes for September on the morning after our midnight slot opening and it was saying Anna and Elsa being already booked up most days. So if you really want that as a fastpass you may need to be up at midnight to ensure it

KCKAS

Original Poster
So my kids pestered me to make FP+ reservations at midnight so we did. We were able to get Anna & Elsa for our last day, and 2 seven dwarf rides on different days. We got every fastpass we wanted for our 8 night trip. Even though we are going at a slower time of year, mid September, I am glad to have done it at midnight instead of finding out we missed out because I wouldn't get out of bed. Thanks to everyone's advice.

tem325

Are you a resort guest booking at 60 days or an off-site guest booking at 30 days? Assuming 60, you'll be fine UNLESS:

1. You have a large party (more than 6ish).
2. You absolutely must meet Anna and Elsa.
3. You're very inflexible regarding your times.

Even if those things are all true, you'll still probably be fine. But they're the big "red flag" items when it comes to FP+ availability.

OR, if you want 7 Dwarfs and/or Toy Story Mania

DRD

Maybe a dumb question, but do FP+ reservations open at 12:01 Eastern (11:01 Central) or is it 12:01 AM in the time zone in which you reside?

LdyApxr

12:00 EST. Works out well for me in the west coast because I make FPP at 9 pm.
Thank you! LOL Noted!

Luckily I have only boys so Anna & Elsa are not a huge worry. Just chalk that up to one more reason I thank all that is Holy for blessing me with only boys!(aside from the whole per-adolescent/adolescent teenage girl drama and the "I hate my life!"'s). It was bad enough one of them was colicky from birth to 4mo! LOl

Tom P.

Another tip for the really hard to get FP+ reservations, like Anna and Elsa: Start at the end of your trip and work backward. Why? Because those days at the end of your trip have less people able to book them at the same time.

For example, suppose you're at Disney World for 10 days. Well, you can book that 10th day. But many people will only be staying 7 days or 5 days or whatever. They aren't competing for that same day, because they're not staying as long. But you're all going to be competing for the same 1st day, 2nd day, etc., making those days more likely to fill up.

Minnie1986

Sleep in. If you are staying on property it means you are traveling in September during a lower crowd period.

I have booked fastpasses for high volume times (Easter and Christmas) and never book earlier than mid-morning on the first available day. I always get what I want (including 7DMT, TSMM, Soarin') at the times I want. The only hard-to-get fastpass I haven't tried to book is Anna and Elsa, since I don't need to meet them.
May I ask which ride you are referring to when you say TSSM?

Nj4mwc

Ive been trying to get fast passes at midnight 60 days out and all i get is a dash asking if i mi n d if they try again getting mad

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom