Boo on Phil Collins!

General Grizz

Original Poster
Rocker Phil COllins had just finished a crisp rendition of his hit single "Against All Odds" when he adressed the man of the hour, Walt Disney Co. CEO Michael Eisner.

"Hello, Michael," Collins said from center stage at the Century Plaza hotel's Los Angeles Ballroom on Thursday night. "I know this has been a bit of a lousy week, but we're here to help you forget about that."

Interjection: That's a laugh!

The line drew light laughter from 1,000 people who attended the dinner banquet, where the 61-year-old chairman was being honored as the [blah blah blah]...

Collins continued a lively 30-minute set that began with appropriately enough with the lyrics from his hit song "Heaven" (we've had our problems, but I'm on your side)

[blah blah blah...]

"I want to say that this has been a great week," Eisner said, makijng his first public comments following the [blah].
(from Orlando Sentinel)

Great week for you? Well, I feel the same way. But tell me... your underwear packed??

BOO on Phil Collins. How much money was he paid for THAT one...or is he just a Disney-hater? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mr snrub

grizzlyhall eisner thread # 54702

no, but seriously folks, how could collins be a disney hater when he did the music for quite a few of their films (even though i wish he hadn't :rolleyes: )

EDIT: whaddya know, im an idiot.

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by mr snrub
...how could eisner (I'm pretty sure you meant PHIL COLLINS) be a disney hater when he did the music for quite a few of their films...?

ANSWER:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

CTXRover

Enough with the Eisner-hate threads, please. Yes, its time for him to go, but now bashing Phil Collins because, as an entertainer, he tried entertain the man who indirectly gave him the ability to write some great music for classic Disney films is, in my opinion, uncalled for. He didn't support Eisner at the banquet directly, but by playing for him he was showing some support, yes. Much like the President of the USA. Some love him, others hate him, but we all support him because he is our President.

Let's see. Collins writes music for two, in my opinion, great Disney films. He performs for the CEO of the very company that bears the name of the films he worked on and that makes him a Disney hater now? Grizz, I respect your intentions and your points of view. In fact, I believe the way you do about Eisner too in many respects, but don't you think you are taking these anti-Eisner threads a little too far?

General Grizz

Original Poster
I posted this before I had honey-er-coffee? :lookaroun

I agree. I actually have Phil Collins on right now. Just kinda sketchy that this was a "great week. . . ".

Perhaps I should find other ways to emit stress from the outside world. . . :lol:

CTXRover

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
I posted this before I had honey-er-coffee? :lookaroun

I agree. I actually have Phil Collins on right now. Just kinda sketchy that this was a "great week. . . ".

Perhaps I should find other ways to emit stress from the outside world. . . :lol:

Hey, its all cool. Yea, I find it odd too, and a little disturbing, that Eisner thought that this was such a "great week", but that was Eisner who said that, not Phil Collins.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Here's a paradox: Phil Collins does a great job for Florida's Brother Bear . . . a film made in the studio that Eisner just shut down??

Shaman

Perhaps poor Eisner popped some pills on Monday when he found Gold resigned and sent out another letter bashing him....maybe he just blocked out all the negative and only remembers the trip....:lookaroun .....why else would he say it was a great week....on second thought...maybe it was a bad joke....:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom