BOG Breakfast. Sad!

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
Well, it's finally happened. For the first time in (for)ever, I feel like I've been honest-to-goodness ripped of by The Walt Disney Company. Those of you who have argued or agreed with me in the past know that I've been called a pixie-duster, a TDO shill, and countless other things. I've defended cabanas, hard ticketed events, private tours, upcharges, price increases, the Disney Dining Plan, and other things generally viewed as unpopular and/or overly expensive.

Then, this past week, I had breakfast at Be Our Guest. $24 for a meal called "Feast a la Gaston" and I received a piddly plate of cold eggs, cold potatoes with absolutely no seasoning, and three microwave greasy sausages delivered by a surly waitress in a completely disorganized dining room. In all my trips to Walt Disney World, I've never reached such a level of disappointment and borderline anger at the product and service I received. The fact that this meal cost as much as Boma's excellent breakfast just added to my frustration. I've never felt this way about Disney, and I don't like it.

danyoung56

I hate to say it, but I have to agree on the lameness (is that a word?) of BOG's breakfast offering. My first time doing breakfast there they forgot about me, and after a 25 minute wait I had to start flagging down waiters to get my (COLD!) food. And then they forgot about my pastries, requiring me to flag down another waiter to get them. It was still worth it to be able to do SDMT 3 times before park opening, but I won't be going back anytime soon.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I went for pre-park open BOG breakfast and it was okay, what made it worth it was getting to 7D right away before all the crowds. I also had the Gaston's feast and my sausages were okay and my food was warm. I thought the pastries were a little chinzy, they could do one of each per person. While I didn't mind the food, it was overpriced and I don't plan on doing it again. My last couple lunches there were not good, so BOG isn't really on my radar anymore. Oh well, lots of other places to eat.

21stamps

The breakfast price is crazy. But the menu is all the same price. Even the donut is $24. I've been for breakfast 2x, once on the dining plan so that made it feel as if I was getting value. The food was good both times, but no not $24 good.
I think it's priced like that just for the experience or bc so many use it for early entry. We did lunch there as well last month, much cheaper than breakfast.

21stamps

I think the thing that made it extra frustrating was the fact that I had just eaten Boma breakfast the day before. For the same price, I had all-you-can-eat amazing breakfast in what I consider an equally beautiful dining room.
Understandable. Honestly I'll probably never eat breakfast there again. My kiddo loves eating there..but lunch is by far the most reasonable price point of the 3 available meal times.

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
Understandable. Honestly I'll probably never eat breakfast there again. My kiddo loves eating there..but lunch is by far the most reasonable price point of the 3 available meal times.
I've never done lunch and this was my first breakfast, but we've done dinner there three times (twice excellent, once just okay) and I never had a complaint about the price point. It's certainly not cheap, but you're getting scallops/steak/lamb, not eggs/potatoes/pastry. That's why I went in with high expectations for breakfast. Benchmarking my past experiences with 1) BOG dinner, 2) other breakfasts at WDW, 3) general expectations of a $24 meal, they missed the mark in every way.

21stamps

I've never done lunch and this was my first breakfast, but we've done dinner there three times (twice excellent, once just okay) and I never had a complaint about the price point. It's certainly not cheap, but you're getting scallops/steak/lamb, not eggs/potatoes/pastry. That's why I went in with high expectations for breakfast. Benchmarking my past experiences with 1) BOG dinner, 2) other breakfasts at WDW, 3) general expectations of a $24 meal, they missed the mark in every way.

Like I said I e never had dinner at BOG, hopefully someday I'll get a reservation, but I've heard good things about it.

The first time I viewed their breakfast menu I literally laughed out loud. A $24 donut?! I think their set price is almost a warning to set low expectations. By that I mean- they're pretty much saying, "it doesn't matter if you're getting eggs, an open faced sandwich, a platter, or a stupid donut - you're paying for the experience of eating here in the morning, don't expect a $24 meal." There's no other kind of sense of how all of the items can be priced the same.. It still doesn't make sense unless you are there before park opening, but I guess they can't have a different price of the same items for only the first opening hour.
That's the explanation that I've come up with.lol
Even with that, there's no excuse for your meal to be cold. Sorry that happened.

Anyway, hope the rest of your meals were good!

KBLovedDisney

The first time we had dinner there was great. Breakfast....sad. Very sad. Grant it it was cool being there for breakfast time, but the food was the same quality as the resort cafes but much pricier and a lot less food.

Michael9374

Well, it's finally happened. For the first time in (for)ever, I feel like I've been honest-to-goodness ripped of by The Walt Disney Company. Those of you who have argued or agreed with me in the past know that I've been called a pixie-duster, a TDO shill, and countless other things. I've defended cabanas, hard ticketed events, private tours, upcharges, price increases, the Disney Dining Plan, and other things generally viewed as unpopular and/or overly expensive.

Then, this past week, I had breakfast at Be Our Guest. $24 for a meal called "Feast a la Gaston" and I received a piddly plate of cold eggs, cold potatoes with absolutely no seasoning, and three microwave greasy sausages delivered by a surly waitress in a completely disorganized dining room. In all my trips to Walt Disney World, I've never reached such a level of disappointment and borderline anger at the product and service I received. The fact that this meal cost as much as Boma's excellent breakfast just added to my frustration. I've never felt this way about Disney, and I don't like it.

How is the BOG dinner ? We are thinking about booking one night this summer ?

LeighM

We had a horrible breakfast there in 2015 before they jacked up the prices to the ridiculous $24. My husband's meal was completely cold. I had ordered the quiche because I had heard good things about it and luckily mine arrived hot. But the muffins were just standard and very tiny. We had 8:00AM reservations so we were one of the first in the restaurant and we were finally able to sit in the West Wing. However, before we completely finished with our meal we had someone asking us if we were finished because they needed our table! Ummm, the fact we're still drinking our juice and eating our muffins, no I don't think so. It was just a bad experience and not one I want to waste time on. It was good once though just to have the experience. But the food was a joke!

rob0519

Honestly, the only reason we had breakfast at BOG is we were on the dining plan. I told my wife there was no way ever I would pay for that out of pocket. Our food was actually pretty decent as far as quantify and temperature, but we were some of the first people in the door.

Hockey89

That was my experience at Be Our Guest.... Food was dog %%%... Waitress was a total grump....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom