Body Wars 2016 Update

c-one

No, I agree with you. Nothing wrong with using a ride system if it works for the theme. I really wish I got to ride Body Wars. Shrinking attractions are always interesting.
It was the only simulator ride that made me kind of nauseous, though I can generally ride anything. Combo of the motion and the kinda grotesque visuals I guess. Though am I correct in remembering the "pilot" to be Judge Reinhold?

c-one

Even sadder....
tumblr_mp0cuj1XOc1qahlqzo4_1280.jpg
While this too is a sad blast from the past, I will say that Dreamfinder never released any hot jams the way Michael did.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I have to admit that after riding that ride so many times I cannot begin to count, I never saw one person get sick. That doesn't mean that they weren't close to being so, but, as I said, I never witnessed a single incident of actual sickness..
Just saying how it was as recalled by those who worked there.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Just saying, that I don't doubt it, but, I never witnessed it. It probably may just be good luck on my part.
My brother and I must have rode BW hundreds of times and I dont recall ever seeing anybody loose their lunch either. However, I was young and did not pay much attention to what was going on around me. We would usually run back through the queue to ride again or on to the next attraction.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My brother and I must have rode BW hundreds of times and I dont recall ever seeing anybody loose their lunch either. However, I was young and did not pay much attention to what was going on around me. We would usually run back through the queue to ride again or on to the next attraction.
I rode it quite a bit and was on the edge of losing my lunch nearly every time. My body allowed one ride. A second would have resulted in a protein spill.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
It's probably a long shot, but I wonder if Disney would ever do a special event temporarily bringing back Body Wars at Star Tours. Maybe as an AP only event.

ABQ

It's probably a long shot, but I wonder if Disney would ever do a special event temporarily bringing back Body Wars at Star Tours. Maybe as an AP only event.
Body Wars with the current 3D tech, and hopefully 800% better special effects, the original weren't very special, that would surely require a massive stockpile of barf bags.

flynnibus

Premium Member
BW sucked. It was by far the worst of the three orlando simulators at the time. BTTF was the coolest concept of the three.. Star Tours obviously didn't age as badly as BTTF did.. and BW just came off as a poor knockoff in a really bad pavilion.

The remaining queue at least is still very recognizable for those who knew it when you make your way to the elevator to the upstairs lounge in the building.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The lounge elevator is at the back of the Frontiers area.

Unless Chase put the false wall in the way.

I could've been confused but I'm pretty sure i went in near the top of the ramps of the overflow Queue area and not the exit side but it was just the simple hallway so it could've been the exit side. It was that turn around the corner into the hall that stood out to me. But looking at your graphics again, I can see how i could be wrong.

The space up there is quite large. Its pretty easy to see why they like to keep it as an event space. Too bad it doesn't look out into something interesting ;)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I am tempted to say that version of simulator is simply outdated -- the Soarin/Avatar system, the hybrid dark ride system, maybe even the King Kong model have rendered it obsolete. I was really surprised to see that the Iron Man ride in HKDL used this tech. Not sure how the DisneySea Nemo ride compares and if it's a more high tech update.

After riding FoP, I think it was a HUGE opportunity missed by Disney by not having Iron Man use that ride system in HKDL.

NovaCiteJourneys

Original Poster
Apologies for bumping a dead thread, but I was picking apart some footage for a project (not mine, found it on youtube) and I thought I'd share some evidence that debunks Nova's theory of there being a probe left.
Current Status: Probe 1
View attachment 208274
Current Status: Probe 2View attachment 208275
Current Status: Probe 3View attachment 208276
And last but not least, Current Status: Probe 4
View attachment 208277
So, Nova. There you have it. Not smart to spread lies when the truth can eventually be revealed!
I thought there was a simulator there, are you sure these aren't older photos?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom