Boat Ride to Downtown Disney

Disney Fan

We will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside (Dixie Landings), and we were wondering how long is the boat ride from DL to Downtown Disney? Am wondering so we can plan for a priority seating. Any info would be appreciated.

Kontra

When I took the boat ride last April it seemed aboot 20 min. That's my best guess. The first DTD stop is Marketplace (near RainForrest) and then at certatin hours it stops at the far end of West Side I'm pretty sure.

Upvote 0
M

Mr Lightbeer

When we stayed at Dixies' in 99 the CMs told us the opposite,but it was the same boat for both resorts then.It would leave from Dixies' first and if it was full,it would sail on by Port Orleans.

Attachments

• floundani[1].gif
    floundani[1].gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 227
Upvote 0

Holiday

While at WDW last month, I took the boat from PO (French Quarter). I'd also say it takes about 15-20 minutes. We were told that the boats would not be dropping off or picking up on the West Side, so we'd have to return to the Marketplace for pickup or take a bus. I don't know if it was just that night or if they discontinued the boat drop on the West Side.

Holiday:)

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
The boats to Downtown Disney used to have two stops after departing from the resorts. One at the marketplace by the Rainforest and another at the west side behind The House of Blues. As far as I know they have discontinued the westside stop and now only stop at the marketplace. Which is unfortunate because that was very nice for tired feet. :)

Upvote 0

woofboy111

They did stop this stop during the day. After 5, they start it up again, but it doesn't take you directly to the hotles. It takes you to the Marketplace, where you need to get off, and wait in line again to get on a boat that goes to your hotel.

Attachments

• sorcerermickey.gif
    sorcerermickey.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 153
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom