Boat in Norway change???

MBrockner

Original Poster
i heard that there was some construction walls up around the boat in Norway not 100% sure of this rumor. But is it a possibility that the popularity of discovery channels Deadliest Catch and the appearance of the crew of the Northwestern at Norway this month, that the boat will be replaced by a crab fishing boat???

uklad79

A Norwegian viking boat replaced by a crab boat on the back of a TV show with limited popularity? Not in a million years (of dreams).

kingslyZISSOU

crab boat...I don't know about that. unless the Norwegian government is trying to get rid of the stereo-type of them all being vikings. But It sounds a little fishy to me. (no pun intended.)

I hope they are making it playable for kids again. Its probably just a refurbishment. World showcase really needs some more little kid friendly touches. making that walk with some 7 yr olds to just watch some shows, i think that would make some children bored.

tinkerblonde11

I hope they don't replace them with some crab-fishing boats. The viking theme is really awesome. Like they said, it is probably under a refurb.

surfsupdon

Remember the little teeter totter that used to be at the base of the viking boat in the woodchipped area. That was removed a few years back. My sister and I always used that see-saw to act like kids again. It was fun.

uklad79

I hope they are making it playable for kids again.

It was a nice little play area but I think some mom most likely got greedy when her kid was hurt and tried to sue, so Disney closed it down. I don't see it ever coming back unless it's covered in bubble wrap and parents sign a disclaimer before the kids play.

MAGICFLOP

I was there last week and it was the same.

I did ride the boat from Germany to Future world and the Captain made no mention of Norway being changed. Mind you, his boat passes the closest to Norway, if any Captain would know it would be him.....

RSoxNo1

The pavilion is largely about the Viking history of Norway I think the fact that Sig and Edgar Hansen were there won't have any bearing on the entire pavilion.

flynnibus

Premium Member
crab boat...I don't know about that. unless the Norwegian government is trying to get rid of the stereo-type of them all being vikings. But It sounds a little fishy to me. (no pun intended.)

It's not a stereotype - its history. A history the Norwegians are very proud of.

they fish in alaska.

And two of the boats are run by Norwegian-decent captains in the show. As you look around the world - you'll find Norwegians all over the maritime industry. Fishing and the sea are very much Norway's past and part of the culture in the west of Norway.

brkgnews

i heard that there was some construction walls up around the boat in Norway not 100% sure of this rumor. But is it a possibility that the popularity of discovery channels Deadliest Catch and the appearance of the crew of the Northwestern at Norway this month, that the boat will be replaced by a crab fishing boat???
Possible? Sure. Likely? Not in the least.

sbkline

It was a nice little play area but I think some mom most likely got greedy when her kid was hurt and tried to sue, so Disney closed it down. I don't see it ever coming back unless it's covered in bubble wrap and parents sign a disclaimer before the kids play.

When we went in 2003, 2004 and 2005, I remember being able to go up into the ship, but then in 2007 when we returned, they had it all closed off to where you couldn't go in there anymore. I wondered why, but what you said makes sense. It's probably because of kids potentially getting hurt and greedy parents trying to get enough of a handout as a result to do 5 WDW vacations a year for the rest of their lives. :lol:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Indeed, I have. but crab aren't generally known for their aerodynamics.

[/doing my part to send this thread to chit chat. :lol:]

Your obviously not a fan of the show, some of those crab can travel quite a distance if they are not suitable for the catch. Admittedly its seaman aided propulsion that gets them airbourne.

Perhaps thats what theyll put in Norway instead of the film, a chuck a crab alley.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom