Boat from Port Orleans Riverside to Downtown Disney

TakeMe2TheMagic

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, tahoma, arial, helvetica]We will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside for a week in Sept. My question is where at in Downtown Disney does the boat drop you off. We are going to Downtown Disney 2 nights to eat, one night at Capt n Jacks and another night at Wolf gang Pucks. How far from where the boat drops you off to these restaurants? Also I was wondering if anybody knew how late the boat runs? :shrug:
[/FONT]

ThinkTink721

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, tahoma, arial, helvetica]We will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside for a week in Sept. My question is where at in Downtown Disney does the boat drop you off. We are going to Downtown Disney 2 nights to eat, one night at Capt n Jacks and another night at Wolf gang Pucks. How far from where the boat drops you off to these restaurants? Also I was wondering if anybody knew how late the boat runs? :shrug:[/FONT]
The side closest to The Rainforest Cafe'.
:wave:

Upvote 0

a2grafix

Regardless, it's a great boat ride. I stayed at Port Orleans back in August of 1993 and took the boat to Pleasure Island one evening. It's a great lazy river twilight-dusk relaxing journey.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

We loved the boat ride too!
We loved it so much that we are taking time on our Sept. trip to take the boat from DTD to POFQ to get a snack & we are staying at POP.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Rob562

The boat drops you off right near Cpt Jacks, however because it drops you off near Cpt Jacks it does not drop you off near Wolfgang Pucks. The Friendships drop you off at Marketplace in the vacinity of Rainforest Cafe. Hope this helps. http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/ddmap.html

If you wanted to stick with the boats, you could get off the Port Orleans boat, and turn around and get right back in line for the Downtown Disney water shuttle. It shuttles from the Marketplace, to Pleasure Island and then to the West Side, and back again. (It may only stop at PI on the return trip, I've only taken it one-way from West Side to Marketplace)

The West Side boat dock is at the far end, just past House of Blues. Wolfgang Puck is the next building down.
Here's a view:
http://local.live.com/default.aspx?...t=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=3950141&encType=1
Wolfgang Puck is the colorful building between the brown HoB and Bongo's with the pineapple.

Looking to the other end of the lake:
http://local.live.com/default.aspx?...t=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=3950149&encType=1
The boat dock is the one sticking out into the lake with the square end. Cap'n Jack's is the building right next to it with the 6-sided section jutting out into the lake.

As you can see, it's a bit of a walk from the Marketplace dock to Wolfgang Puck's. It might be easier to take the water shuttle.
Oh, and if you take the bus, the PI stop is best (since they got rid of the West Side bus stops) and drops you off at about the halfway point near Pleasure Island.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Havent stayed at POR for a few years, but when we did we noticed on a few ocassions guests at POFQ couldnt get on the boat as it was full. I dont know if they now have seperate boats, on one ocassion we had to wait for over an hour and neary missed a PS.

That said with the right driver it can be a real hidden gem.

Upvote 0

jcat2312

Havent stayed at POR for a few years, but when we did we noticed on a few ocassions guests at POFQ couldnt get on the boat as it was full. I dont know if they now have seperate boats, on one ocassion we had to wait for over an hour and neary missed a PS.

That said with the right driver it can be a real hidden gem.

We stayed at POR last year, and took the boat to DTD. As of then, they still have the same boat that services POR and POFQ. The boat would pick us up first and then go to POFQ before arriving at DTD.

That boat ride is one of our favorite things about staying at POR!

Upvote 0

JDM

We stayed at POR last year, and took the boat to DTD. As of then, they still have the same boat that services POR and POFQ. The boat would pick us up first and then go to POFQ before arriving at DTD.

Stayed there in April and that is still true.
They drop you next to Rainforest, which is just about the farthest point possible from Wolfgang Puck's. (We ate there, too.)

UNSOLICITED REVIEW: My food was good, but my wife didn't like hers....and it was NOISY. Furthermore, for kids, milk was included in the dining plan, but you had to pay out of pocket for chocolate milk and applesauce.
Nice place to try, but I wouldn't go back. But, Captain Jack's sounds good and I hope to go there next time.

have fun!

Upvote 0

Simba One

As a side note...

We rode the boat from DTD to POR last week, but during our ride it started to rain. Then there was some lightning and thunder in the distance. Our boat captain didn't say a word to us about it (or anything else, for that matter) but when he pulled into POFQ to let people off, he ordered everyone off the boat. He didn't give us any other instructions--just told us to leave. Apparently they don't run if there's bad weather around, but he didn't tell us any way to get to POR from there. Luckily, I found a very helpful cast member who got us transportation. They run a shuttle if the boats are parked, but they weren't going to start running it until about 45 minutes after we got kicked off the boat.

Upvote 0

MSTCrow

This is straying from your question, but JDM ventured into this territory.

Have you been to Cap'n Jack's before? I only ask because I've heard nothing but bad things about it, from professional reviewers to close friends of ours who got sick after eating there.

Maybe the place has improved but I hate to have anyone's magic end up in the bathroom :hurl:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom