Boardwalk Villa Room Views

DizneyPryncess

Hi everyone!

I had a question about the room views at the Boardwalk Villas, and was curious if anyone knew the answer. DH & I are staying at a 2 bedroom villa in May with my parents and DD. I was hoping to get a room overlooking the boardwalk & lake, and I had just thought about it now. I called, but the CM I talked to said there are no 2 bedroom villa's that overlook the boardwalk, they are all standard views. Is that right? She said if there are any, they aren't available because they aren't coming up. I always thought room requests were never guaranteed, so wasn't sure how they could be unavailable already.

There was no option to pay extra for a boardwalk view. The CM said she wasn't familiar with this resort layout, so I thought maybe someone here would know.

Can anyone shine any light? Thank you!!

DizneyPryncess

Original Poster
Thank you! I booked through Disney, and that makes sense that DVC would book the ones w/the boardwalk views ahead of time. What we booked includes a lock-off room, so I guess on their layout it's coming up as a 1 bedroom/1studio lock off. Which is maybe why the first person I talked to didn't understand why no 2 bedrooms were coming up.

This is tricky! I don't mind where we get a room though, it'll be beautiful no matter what! =)

Upvote 0

SecondStarTilMorning

Thank you! I booked through Disney, and that makes sense that DVC would book the ones w/the boardwalk views ahead of time. What we booked includes a lock-off room, so I guess on their layout it's coming up as a 1 bedroom/1studio lock off. Which is maybe why the first person I talked to didn't understand why no 2 bedrooms were coming up.

This is tricky! I don't mind where we get a room though, it'll be beautiful no matter what! =)

Do you know what view category you booked through the disney website? Was it "water view" or "standard view"? A water view could technically get you a view of the boardwalk if you get lucky, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for it. You'll be a 2 bedroom boardwalk villa though. Which is AWESOME =)

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Original Poster
I just checked my online reservations, and it is a standard view. I booked with a pin code, and I think that was the only view option available. I agree, it's the Boardwalk so I'm happy no matter what! When I was checking prices for 2 separate rooms, it ended up making sense to do the 2 bedroom w/the discount for all of us. We are very excited!

Upvote 0

ParentsOf4

I believe there are 3 classifications of BWV views:
  • Standard View - These overlook the parking lot. These are very popular among DVC members since there are relatively few of them and cost the least points.
  • Garden or Pool View - These overlook one of the pools (there are two) or the village green. These are the most common rooms.
  • Boardwalk View - These overlook the Boardwalk and Crescent Lake.
The Boardwalk Inn is an absolutely beautiful resort. We enjoy the Boardwalk at night and appreciate not having to catch a bus or boat at park closing to return from Epcot and DHS. The entire Crescent Lake area is wonderful.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Original Poster
I believe there are 3 classifications of BWV views:
  • Standard View - These overlook the parking lot. These are very popular among DVC members since there are relatively few of them and cost the least points.
  • Garden or Pool View - These overlook one of the pools (there are two) or the village green. These are the most common rooms.
  • Boardwalk View - These overlook the Boardwalk and Crescent Lake.
The Boardwalk Inn is an absolutely beautiful resort. We enjoy the Boardwalk at night and appreciate not having to catch a bus or boat at park closing to return from Epcot and DHS. The entire Crescent Lake area is wonderful.

Thank you for the info! I agree it is a beautiful resort, we are thrilled to be staying there! I called and talked to a different CM who knew a little bit more about the resort that the first person I spoke with. My suspicions were correct, in that the 2 bedroom villa's are actually 1 bedroom villas + 1 lockout room on their layout. I gave her a few specific room numbers I found online that are supposed to have great views. She was happy to add them as a request, and of course there's no guarantee. We'll be happy no matter what. =)

Upvote 0

danpam1024

Hi everyone!

I had a question about the room views at the Boardwalk Villas, and was curious if anyone knew the answer. DH & I are staying at a 2 bedroom villa in May with my parents and DD. I was hoping to get a room overlooking the boardwalk & lake, and I had just thought about it now. I called, but the CM I talked to said there are no 2 bedroom villa's that overlook the boardwalk, they are all standard views. Is that right? She said if there are any, they aren't available because they aren't coming up. I always thought room requests were never guaranteed, so wasn't sure how they could be unavailable already.

There was no option to pay extra for a boardwalk view. The CM said she wasn't familiar with this resort layout, so I thought maybe someone here would know.

We are not DVC members and were also unable to book a BW view, BUT out "standard" view was overlooking the waterway to DHS- it still rocked :)

Upvote 0

twebber55

Hi everyone!

best thing to do is rent points from a member and have them reserve a boardwalk view or at least get put on the wait list... my favorite disney trip so far was when we had a board walk view incredible view

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Original Poster
Thank you both! @danpam1024 The only time I have ever stayed at the BWV, we had booked a studio w/no room requests & a standard view. We had a surprise upgrade to a 1 bedroom villa overlooking the waterway & the Swan/Dolphin, sounds like the same area you are talking about. It was beautiful, and completely spoiled us! I feel like there aren't really bad rooms at the resort, so we decided today just to go ahead and see what we get.

@twebber55 That's a great idea - I didn't think about that. I booked this one with a pin code, so I figure I had to go straight through Disney with that. I'm jealous though, I bet your view was amazing!

Upvote 0

danpam1024

Thank you both! @danpam1024 The only time I have ever stayed at the BWV, we had booked a studio w/no room requests & a standard view. We had a surprise upgrade to a 1 bedroom villa overlooking the waterway & the Swan/Dolphin, sounds like the same area you are talking about. It was beautiful, and completely spoiled us! I feel like there aren't really bad rooms at the resort, so we decided today just to go ahead and see what we get.

@twebber55 That's a great idea - I didn't think about that. I booked this one with a pin code, so I figure I had to go straight through Disney with that. I'm jealous though, I bet your view was amazing!
I agree- the grounds overlooking the parking lot are beautiful- better than looking out your office window right? ;)

Upvote 0

cfry06

As much as I would love a Boardwalk view- I have to say our Garden view we had in December was awesome. We were right by the Swan/Dolphin and overlooking the waterway & pathway leading to DHS. My son got such a kick out of watching the boats go by on the water! It was a long walk from the elevators, but it was quiet and lovely.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Original Poster
I totally agree, I would be very happy with that view! That seems to be a favorite from what I've been reading, and we loved that view too. When we stayed, we had a corner room so it was by a staircase on the 2nd floor & we never used the elevators. That was before kids though, so we'll have to make the trek to the elevators w/the stroller now. I don't mind the walk though. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom