Boardwalk Resort

DW Aficionado

Original Poster
Just curious, how inconvenient is it to stay at the Boardwalk Resort?

If we were to take the bus to the Magic Kingdom, how long does it take, and how many stops does it make to and from?

What about the other parks? How is the best way to get to Epcot (would prefer not to walk there) or Hollywood Studios?

soxpackersdisneyhawks

Not sure why wording it inconvenient as it has one of the best locations on property. There is boat service to and from Epcot and MGM but walking is faster. Depending on volume of guests and time of day for buses to other parks you might ride with Swan and Dolphin or Yacht and Beach club guests, or you may just have Bwalk guests on the bus. As far as transit time from boarding the bus to getting dropped off I would say no longer than 20min to MK or AK.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Just curious, how inconvenient is it to stay at the Boardwalk Resort?

If we were to take the bus to the Magic Kingdom, how long does it take, and how many stops does it make to and from?

What about the other parks? How is the best way to get to Epcot (would prefer not to walk there) or Hollywood Studios?

I can understand not wanting to walk to DHS, but you can't beat the walk to Epcot.

upload_2017-7-31_10-29-37.png

cmb5002

Walking is usually faster to Epcot, unless the boat happens to be right there as you start. It's maybe a 30 minute walk to HS, which we usually take. Sometimes we use the Dolphin dock for taking the boat to and from HS. AK and MK aren't bad rides at all. Don't forget on your return that you could take the bus to YC/BC or Swalphin if the Boardwalk line is long.

Epcotfan21

Walking is usually faster to Epcot, unless the boat happens to be right there as you start. It's maybe a 30 minute walk to HS, which we usually take. Sometimes we use the Dolphin dock for taking the boat to and from HS. AK and MK aren't bad rides at all. Don't forget on your return that you could take the bus to YC/BC or Swalphin if the Boardwalk line is long.
No way. Maybe 15-20 mins max and that's at a very slow pace. I'd say it's typically a 7-10 minute walk for us.

ToTBellHop

No way. Maybe 15-20 mins max and that's at a very slow pace. I'd say it's typically a 7-10 minute walk for us.
Especially if you cut through the Luna Park Pool.

BoardWalk's location is ideal. Same ballpark as Contemporary but you can easily walk to two parks.

Otherwise, it is centrally-located. I was far more satisfied with bus service at the Crescent Lake resorts than any other resort area. AKL was the worst and the MK resorts routinely combine and are far from everywhere except MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom