Boardwalk Inn Questions

dox

Hey everyone! I have a few questions and was hoping someone who has stayed at the Boardwalk could help. I'm planning a trip in June for 6 and we are leaning towards renting 2 rooms at the Boardwalk.

My first question is: we plan on getting a standard view room and were wondering if there is a building and/or view we should request. I believe all rooms have balconies/patios. I really don't want to get stuck with a parking lot view but at same time, would like something not too far away from main building as my mom is elderly.

2nd: The day bed. Do you think a small 7 year old child would sleep comfortably in the day bed? My nephew is 7 but is quite short for his age. I think he is around 50 inches or so.

3rd: while i was over at allears.net i noticed that there were quite a few complaints about lack of cheap dining. Is there any place to get a hot breakfast? All i saw mentioned was the bakery for cofee and pastries, which is fine for my folks, but i'm still a growing boy. :D

4th: Was the walk to Epcot too long? Or is it better to take the boat? I believe beach club is closer but the rooms seem so much nicer over at the Boardwalk.

I think thats about it for questions. We're also looking at Port Orleans French Quarter but as we spend alot of time back at the room and due to the proximity to Epcot, plus we're celebrating my niece's 15th b-day, we're leaning towards BW.
Thanks for any help.

hcswingfield

Hey everyone! I have a few questions and was hoping someone who has stayed at the Boardwalk could help. I'm planning a trip in June for 6 and we are leaning towards renting 2 rooms at the Boardwalk.

My first question is: we plan on getting a standard view room and were wondering if there is a building and/or view we should request. I believe all rooms have balconies/patios. I really don't want to get stuck with a parking lot view but at same time, would like something not too far away from main building as my mom is elderly.

2nd: The day bed. Do you think a small 7 year old child would sleep comfortably in the day bed? My nephew is 7 but is quite short for his age. I think he is around 50 inches or so.

3rd: while i was over at allears.net i noticed that there were quite a few complaints about lack of cheap dining. Is there any place to get a hot breakfast? All i saw mentioned was the bakery for cofee and pastries, which is fine for my folks, but i'm still a growing boy. :D

4th: Was the walk to Epcot too long? Or is it better to take the boat? I believe beach club is closer but the rooms seem so much nicer over at the Boardwalk.

I think thats about it for questions. We're also looking at Port Orleans French Quarter but as we spend alot of time back at the room and due to the proximity to Epcot, plus we're celebrating my niece's 15th b-day, we're leaning towards BW.
Thanks for any help.

I can help you with 3 and 4. The breakfast buffet at the Yacht Club Galley (a short walk away) is reasonably priced, for a buffet, and well stocked. There are also a lot of good menu choices for a sit-down breakfast at Spoodles (on the Boardwalk) that are not too pricey. The walk to Epcot is not bad at all. You'll get there faster walking than if you take the boat. Save the boat for when your feet are too tired to walk all the way to the Studios. Enjoy your stay at the Boardwalk! We love it there.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Thanks for any help.

Not really sure about rooms/views. We had a room overlooking the lake on the top floor over The Flying Fish (water view, I believe). We had a nice balcony and it was very quiet, even at night when the boardwalk was full.
You can request a room overlooking the gardens or quiet pool, but remember that its only a request not a guarantee.

The daybed is about the size of a single bed. I'm 5'4 and took a nap quite comfortably there. Princess #2 is 5'2 and slept there with no problems so I think your nephew will be fine.

We didn't care for the food options there and thats one reason why we probably won't go back. The Belle Vue Room has a continental breakfast from 6:30 till 10 am ([FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Croissants, muffins, bagels, danish, yogurt, cookies, toast, coffee, tea, cereal, juice and fruit ), but most days we ate at Spoodles (click here for menu). You can walk to the other side of the lake and try the Beach Club Marketplace or the Yacht Club Galley. The bakery has nice breakfast sandwiches and burritos.

The walk to EPCOT is a quick one and you should not have a problem. I wouldn't take the boat unless its there and ready to go as you walk by. The ride to MGM is a nice one though.

Don't forget to try out the pool, its a ton of fin and kids really like the Kiester Coaster.
They have refillable mugs and they can be filled at the Bake Shop or the snack bar near the pool.
[/FONT]

Upvote 0

Blonde Princess

I can help you with your questions.

#1 Nearly all of the standard rooms have a view of the parking lot, which at Boardwalk Inn is not bad. There are no standard rooms which face the Boardwalk. A few standard rooms face the interior courtyard of the Boardwalk Inn. If you are on a higher floor you can catch some of the fireworks from Illuminations; mind you only a few of the fireworks. I have stayed in the standard rooms that overlook the parking lots and porte coche, most of them also face MGM. You can see the Tower of Terror and the Search Lights. The view is not that bad. The only thing I wouldn't want and would request not to have are the standard rooms on the ground floor that abut the walkway to the busses and the porte coche. For those your view is blocked by a wall. Those rooms are noisy.

#2 The day bed in nearly all of the Boardwalk Inn rooms is almost a twin bed. They are much bigger than a toddler bed. Your nephew will be fine.

#3 Breakfast is a tough meal over at the Boardwalk. My experience is that Spoodles, which I love for breakfast, and the only hot meal, is pricey. The Bakery has coffee, (which I do not think is very good) and pastries, etc.. I don't think it is very good or of high quality. The line is often very long too. What we do is buy some groceries, cereal, milk, donuts, etc for the room. Eat and go. Every room in the Boardwalk Inn has a coffee maker and refrigerator.

#4 The walk to Epcot is shorter than the walk to MGM. My family thinks the walk to Epcot is short because we walk everywhere. However, the boat is a nice ride. It usually takes longer for the boat that to walk. Just realize that the walks to Epcot and MGM are very hot that time of year, in case anyone in your family has health issues. The Beach Club is right next to Epcot. The walk is very short. However, I enjoy the Boarwalk Inn better. Also, some standard rooms in the Beach Club are nearly in the Yacht Club. Your walk from those rooms is almost the same distance as from the Boardwalk.

Hope this all helps.

Upvote 0

Clotho

When we went, we got a room overlooking the inner courtyard, near the quiet pool. It was lovely.

For breakfast, we pretty much shopped on the way in for bagels and whatnot, and ate in the room before we went out. Hubby is a breakfast fanatic, and so this was a susprising choice for him, but it served us well because we didn't want to dawdle over breakfast--we wanted to get to the parks!

The walk to Epcot is very quick. Though it can seem longer after a long day at the parks. If you are with your elderly mother, waiting for the boat may be preferable on some days.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

dox

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'll let you know what we decide. I have a feeling we might bring breakfast into the room too or eat at the parks. Don't think my folks can handle a sit down for breakfast every day. A buffet or cafeteria they could as thats what we did as kids at the Trail's End over at Fort Wilderness. Will definitely ask that our room face an inner courtyard or quiet pool.

Upvote 0

adventurelander

Just wanted to throw out one more option to you, you could upgrade to a Villa at the Boardwalk. Yes, it's more money, but we too like to spend a lot of time at our resort. The Villa has a full kitchen so you can prepare some meals there, it also has a couch that pulls out to a bed that will fit anyone. You could also go for the 2 bedroom villa that will give you even more room and there are plenty of great views. We always stay here and would never change. Good luck.

Upvote 0

dox

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, they only have a 2 BR villa over at Saratoga Springs and i'm not too sure about it. Alot of mixed reviews over at allears.net. Plus you have to rely entirely on bus transportation for all 4 parks.

Upvote 0

jody31

you'll absolutely love Boardwlk- it has a really nice atmosphere at night . The walk to Epcot is about 10 minutes , and the walk to MGM is about 20 minutes - which is really useful if you're trying to make a quick exit after illuminatons or Fantasmic.

Upvote 0

Nicole220

Just wanted to throw out one more option to you, you could upgrade to a Villa at the Boardwalk. Yes, it's more money, but we too like to spend a lot of time at our resort. The Villa has a full kitchen so you can prepare some meals there, it also has a couch that pulls out to a bed that will fit anyone. You could also go for the 2 bedroom villa that will give you even more room and there are plenty of great views. We always stay here and would never change. Good luck.
We had a 2 bedroom villa when we went years ago. It was great to have your own food there and not have to worry about the food they have for you. It's a great hotel and my family and I loved it!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom