Blue Bayou: Lunch or Dinner?

Blue Bayou: Lunch or Dinner

• Total voters

westie

I'd do lunch only. The food is overpriced and not that great. Tables are ridiculously close together. The real goal is to get you in and out fast. And unless you have the shear luck to get a table close PotC its probably all for not. The ambiance can't be beat but every other part of the meal is just ok. If you never been before I'd say go but there are a lot of better places to dine at DLR.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I like to do most of my big meals in the park at lunch, so that's my vote. Plus if you want monte cristos here, I think they are only served at lunch.

Slipknot

Original Poster
My girlfriend was at Disneyland for a day back in March and had the opportunity to eat there but the rest of her family said no. So this is mostly for her. There are other places I'm looking at but this is the most important to her right now.

teacherlady19

You can request a waterfront table when you make your reservation. Show up a little early and then re-request it, but be prepared to wait. And, as mentioned above, if you want a monte cristo, be sure to go for lunch, as she's right, they don't have them for dinner.

Donna

Chef Mickey

I'd do lunch only. The food is overpriced and not that great. Tables are ridiculously close together. The real goal is to get you in and out fast. And unless you have the shear luck to get a table close PotC its probably all for not. The ambiance can't be beat but every other part of the meal is just ok. If you never been before I'd say go but there are a lot of better places to dine at DLR.
Can you suggest a few that are either inside DL park or inside California Adventure?

westie

Can you suggest a few that are either inside DL park or inside California Adventure?
In DL I really like the turkey sandwich at the Carnation Cafe. Good spot to realx and people watch too. DCA has some great restauants. Carthay Circle's WoC package is great. They have a steak that hangs off the plate! Wine Country Trattoria is really good but the portions are small so you need to order appetizers and dessert. Somehow we always end up at Cocina Cucamonga which has some pretty good mexican food. But my all time favorite is Steakhouse 55 at the DL hotel. Great prime rib. Great desserts. Great service in a relaxed atmosphere that takes you away from the parks.

Slipknot

Original Poster
But my all time favorite is Steakhouse 55 at the DL hotel. Great prime rib. Great desserts. Great service in a relaxed atmosphere that takes you away from the parks.

This is the one I'm really wanting to do. I love Yachtsman's Steakhouse at the Yacht Club at WDW. Anyone who's been to both have any comparisons?

kkocka

I'd say neither, or at worst to lunch at Blue Bayou as dinner reservations fill quickly. The food at Carthay Circle is much better and still a nice, classy, atmosphere.

Steakhouse 55 is fantastic. Napa Rose is even better but don't dress like a slob/you're in the parks and be prepared to spend money.

PolynesianPrincess

This is the one I'm really wanting to do. I love Yachtsman's Steakhouse at the Yacht Club at WDW. Anyone who's been to both have any comparisons?

I haven't been to either of those places as we had booked Steakhouse 55 but a friend told us to go to Napa Rose instead and are we glad we did. Napa Rose was without a doubt the best filet mignon I have ever had. Can't wait to return next year!

Rufus T Firefly

We like to go for a late lunch and request a waterside table. We typically make reservations for 3:00. We arrive a little before 3 and plan on waiting for a table to open up. We have never had to wait longer than 15 to 20 min. Lunch is served until 3:45. The iconic Monte Christo sandwich is available and every other item on the menu is less expensive than the dinner menu.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom