BLT Studio Help

JTT

Original Poster
In November, I'm renting DVC points and staying at the BLT in a Lake View Studio.

Can I request a floor or a particular studio by number?

If so, I need suggestions, best floor to stay on?

If you know a studio by room number that has a great view, easy to get to elevator and contemporary walkway, etc.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

dreamfinder

You can always request a particular floor or studio, but it is recommended against it. If you request room 234, but 234 is booked, they don't know you wanted 234 because it was close to the elevator. It's better to request "Nearby elevator", etc.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
You can request anything you want. Getting it is another story. I asked for the highest floor possible my first stay at BLT and got floor 3. I complained and they said that was the only 1 bedroom available to check in that day. My next stay I made the same request and got the top floor (room 8641). I did have to wait for the room to be ready at checkin but it was worth it. It's all based on availability the day you are checking in. Lots of random luck.

Some things to consider:
  1. Some people like being on floor 5 so they don't need to take an elevator to get to the sky bridge to CR.
  2. The south side of BLT is closest to CR so a shorter walk to the bus stop, monorail and CR main concourse which includes the Contempo Cafe (if you have a refillable drink mug that's your refill station, the pool snack bar has a drink station too when open).
  3. Even number rooms face MK and odd number rooms face Bay Lake.
  4. Some of the LV rooms still have a view of MK and the fireworks. These are even number rooms on the north side of the tower (furthest from CR).
  5. Higher floors generally have better views and are more private. Our 3rd floor "MK view" room overlooked the parking lot and the balcony was not very private.
  6. If you get a room on the 16th (top) floor you can get to Top of the World lounge without going down to the lobby first since the entrance will be on your floor. You have to wave your magic band over the censor in the elevator to activate floor 16. If you are not on that floor you need to go down to the lobby to get the CM there to send the elevator up for you.
Once you decide what's most important to you then you can request it, but it's not a guarantee. As @dreamfinder said, if it's too specific it may be less likely to work. A more general request like high floor or south side or even number room will probably be more likely to succeed than asking for a specific room. When you check in you can also try to request a different room. If one is available they can switch you.

Here's a link from DIS boards that includes a layout of the room types plus pictures of the room views from a majority of the rooms:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082
Here's another from DVCnews but it has less pictures than the DIS one:
http://dvcnews.com/index.php/compon...resetfilters=0&clearordering=0&clearfilters=0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom