BLT Question

wdw man

Original Poster
Good afternoon everyone

I am a DVC Member and I own at WLV. I have never stayed at BLT, and I am considering it for my next trip with a family of 6. Looking at the photos on line it seems as if the 2bdrm is much smaller than at WLV.

Can anyone tell me if this is true? Are the rooms at WLV larger?

Maddog57

I have not stayed at BLT, but I have taken the complete tour. In my opinion the rooms are significantly smaller. The actual square footage charts will show they are slightly smaller, but to me they felt small. Especially in the studio. I did not feel that it would be comfortable for more than 2 people due to the way the bathrooms and kitchenette are configured.

tjkraz

The Bay Lake studios are the smallest DVC has to offer and they feel like it. People who are accustomed to DVC-size rooms will undoubtedly feel cramped in a BLT studio. It's not bad for 2 occupants but if you put 3 or 4 people in a Studio with the sofabed open, you literally will not have any space to move around the room. You'll be tripping over suitcases--and relatives--the entire stay.

But the One and Two Bedroom villas are larger than most other DVC resorts at WDW. Bigger than VWL, BWV, SSR, etc. They also have two bathrooms in a 1B and three bathrooms in a 2B.

CatsMeow

The studios are small indeed. Not recommended for more than 2 and perhaps a small child.

But the other units are supposed to be quite spacious. You should be just fine.

disneypearl

The Bay Lake studios are the smallest DVC has to offer and they feel like it. People who are accustomed to DVC-size rooms will undoubtedly feel cramped in a BLT studio. It's not bad for 2 occupants but if you put 3 or 4 people in a Studio with the sofabed open, you literally will not have any space to move around the room. You'll be tripping over suitcases--and relatives--the entire stay.

But the One and Two Bedroom villas are larger than most other DVC resorts at WDW. Bigger than VWL, BWV, SSR, etc. They also have two bathrooms in a 1B and three bathrooms in a 2B.

I am thinking of trying out a Bay Lake studio room because it will be just my mom and I so the size of the room shouldn't be a problem. I was wondering how comfortable the sofa beds are. Does anyone know?

tjkraz

I am thinking of trying out a Bay Lake studio room because it will be just my mom and I so the size of the room shouldn't be a problem. I was wondering how comfortable the sofa beds are. Does anyone know?

Some people love them and some people hate them. :shrug:

I can tell you that they are a far cry from sofabeds of the 70s and 80s (aka the "bar in your back" units.)

Generally speaking, I'd say that anyone who has back problems or is otherwise very particular about their mattress probably would not enjoy any sofabed. But if you aren't too picky, the sofabed is probably OK for a few days.

Pioneer Hall

I have found the DVC sofa beds to be pretty good beds, but very firm. It is probably the best sofa bed I have ever slept on since there is no bar in your back and it doesn't fold in the middle while you sleep. However, since I prefer a softer mattress I am not the biggest fan but can sleep on it when I have to.

The sofa beds aren't too bad. My kids mostly sleep on them, though :) But there have been a few hours here and there where I've been in there sleeping with one of them - it was fine. Let's face it - after a long day in the park, I could probably sleep on concrete!!

dizzney

We've stayed in a one bedroom and found it to be comfroateble with our faily of five. Two bathrooms were great and it has the sleep chair. My 19 year old always sleeps on the sofa nad has no complaints

fredtom

Has anyone seen a reconfigured studio at BLT? The project is supposed to be near completion, but I haven't seen any comments. They were supposed to be moving a lavatory into the bathroom, along with some other modifications.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

ncstate7991

@fredtom, we stayed at BLT in a studio last week. The modifcations had been completed in the room we stayed in. I had not stayed in a studio with the previous layout, but it was okay. When I thought about taking pictures I only had my phone and it could not do it justice. There are some pictures online somewhere.

They moved the sink into the bathroom, but it is a very small sink area without much counterspace. You do have two (or three?) shelves in a nook beside the mirror. In the kitchen you now have some clay tiles on the wall where I think the sink was located. Then across from the refridgerator you have some granite counterspace, a mirror, a recessed (sp?) light, and two shelves below the counter.

This was our first stay at BLT and we were a little surprised how small the studio is. We wish we had been able to see a one bedroom also to get more of a perspective as to how much room they have.

fredtom

Thanks so much for your response, ncstate7991. Yours are the first comments I've seen on the BLT Deluxe Studio modifications.

The bathroom sink was opposite the refrigerator with a mirror above, and the counter went from wall to wall. It sounds like the clay tiles replaced the mirror and there should be a bit more room in the pantry area now than before.

Here are a few shots of what it did look like. I'm just not sure how they could make room for a sink in the bathroom without moving the wall.

http://allears.net/acc/blt/bltst2010r.jpg

http://allears.net/acc/blt/bltst2010a4.jpg

http://allears.net/acc/blt/bltst2010a3.jpg

"An Adventurer's life is best" :lol:

ncstate7991

Well, I wish I had taken pictures now! They did kind of move the wall. In the first picture if you imagine a wall coming out through the middle of the sink to the end of the counter and then going back to the entry of the kitchen area. The clay tiles are then on the wall opposite the kitchen sink. In the bathroom, behind the clay tiles, there is now a spot for a sink.

Try this link: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...e=active&tbs=isch:1&ei=ZyuBTbfQLee10QGCuKmUCQ

fredtom

Well, I wish I had taken pictures now! They did kind of move the wall. In the first picture if you imagine a wall coming out through the middle of the sink to the end of the counter and then going back to the entry of the kitchen area. The clay tiles are then on the wall opposite the kitchen sink. In the bathroom, behind the clay tiles, there is now a spot for a sink.

I'm afraid I couldn't open the link, but I'm trying to imagine what you described and it's beginning to make sense.

Thanks again.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Dianarella

Oh Boy. We just purchased 600 points at BLT based on pictures alone. I hope we didn't make a mistake as this points system is new for us.

We purchased the DVC with a 2 bedroom in mind, as we are used to having access to a timeshare resort that has 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms and a full kitchen. We wanted a resort that was comparable and thought the pictures from BLT looked great.

Maybe I should have waited till I could see it in person. Oh well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom