Black Friday

DiPSU224

Original Poster
Anyone get any good deals today? I'm not brave enough to go to places like Best Buy at 4 am. I did that one year and I was traumatized.

I did get a video iPod for my husband for Christmas this morning. We'll be sharing it, he just doesn't know it yet. I got it at a grocery store for $219 with the purchase of $20 of groceries. I figured it wasn't a bad deal since the regular iPod was like $199 at some of the electronic stores.

Happy shopping everyone!

sbkline

I saw an air compressor in the Pamida ad that I really wanted. Looked like a really good deal. 3.5 horse power, 6 gallon air compressor with 40 PSI for $79.99. I got up at 4:30 so I could feed the baby and get ready and get up there shortly after open and snag one up. I saw one going out the door right as I walked in, and I walked back to where the items were and I overheard a wife telling her husband that there were only two and one just went out the door and I saw the husband put the second one in his cart.:( If I only would have got there two minutes earlier. Oh well, that's how it goes, I guess.

But then I went to Sears and got one for the same price, but it was a 3 gallon tank with 1 horse power at 125 PSI. Good deal I guess, but I was wondering if there was anyone here who could tell me what difference the horsepower and tank size makes? How is 1 hp different than 3.5 and how is 3 gallons different than 6? I don't do much work in the garage. All I need it for is to air up bike tires, balls and an occasional car tire perhaps. So I wouldn't imagine that those things would make much difference for the limited use I have for such a device. Anyone else know?

Aurora_25

If it was just me and I didn't have my kids- I would go out and get that iDog for my daughter from walmart since it's only $10 today, but well, I have the kids....so we will be staying at home today....

I have to go to work at 3....the mall is about 3 miles away and I am planning on leaving an hour early :eek: I'm a little scared of what is going to be like in there...wish me luck!

bhg469

I was wondering if there was anyone here who could tell me what difference the horsepower and tank size makes? How is 1 hp different than 3.5 and how is 3 gallons different than 6? I don't do much work in the garage. All I need it for is to air up bike tires, balls and an occasional car tire perhaps. So I wouldn't imagine that those things would make much difference for the limited use I have for such a device. Anyone else know?

Ok so the difference is usually with air tools like impact guns and air chisels and stuff. I'll explain it as simply as i know how. The 3 gallon will go longer without having to run to fill itself back up. the extra horse power will fill the tank faster. If you're using it to fill tires then don't worry, 3 gallons is more than enough. If you were using an impact gun for example you could probably take a wheel off before you lose pressure in the tank and have to let it fill back up before the air tool has any effect to get stubborn bolts off. if you used a 6 gallon it would take twice as long to lose the pressure in the tank.

sbkline

Ok so the difference is usually with air tools like impact guns and air chisels and stuff. I'll explain it as simply as i know how. The 3 gallon will go longer without having to run to fill itself back up. the extra horse power will fill the tank faster. If you're using it to fill tires then don't worry, 3 gallons is more than enough. If you were using an impact gun for example you could probably take a wheel off before you lose pressure in the tank and have to let it fill back up before the air tool has any effect to get stubborn bolts off. if you used a 6 gallon it would take twice as long to lose the pressure in the tank.

Cool, thanks for the info. :wave: At least I don't feel like I had to settle for a second rate cheap knock off, then. Plus, it's craftsman, which is a pretty good brand anyway.

Madison

The first stores six gallons of air at 40 PSI, though, while the second stores just three gallons, but at 125 PSI, so it's not simply that one holds more air than the other. How long each would last before the compressor fan turns on depends on what tools you're using and at what pressure they run :)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
This is the first Thanksgiving that I haven't worked retail in 6 years, so I made a pact not to get anywhere near the mall, Target, or Wal-Mart this weekend. My christmas shopping has been done for awhile, so there is no reason to go.

dandaman

- bought about $150 worth of stuff, for under $40...

- consumed: 1 candy cane (Kohl's), 1 popcorn combo (Target), bacon cheeseburger & fries (Big Boy), 3 Lindor balls, 1 pizza slice (local pizzeria) and Beary Beary Blue ice cream concoction (Cold Stone)... :lookaroun :D

- "ice fog" ensured that I wouldn't actually be missing any schoolwork... :lol:

- waited in line at Kohl's while the two girls shopped (elapsed time: 1 hour, 13 minutes)

- deep fryer broke at Olga's... good thing I made reservations about 2 minutes before at Big Boy's :drevil:

- nicest post-Thanksgiving weather we've ever had (somewhere like 50 F and sunny) :sohappy:

Overall, a successful shopping day.

Note: The only con was, we didn't get to any store in time to witness the tsunami-like madness of crowds rushing in. I wanted to make a video. :lookaroun

miles1

My DW has apparently turned nuttier than a fruit cake, and left the house at 4:50 AM to make it to Walmart by 5:00. I think she said goodbye when she left; all I could manage was a grunt. She finally returned about 5 hours later with most of the shopping done, including some hard-to-get stuff.

Later in the day, we took the kids to Toys-R-Us on a whim. As we walked in, they were stacking TMX Elmos as quickly as they could pull them off the truck. They are nearly impossible to get around here, and we managed to score two! One will go to our 1 year old nephew, the other to a co-worker for her newborn grandchild. It made the trip worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom