Birthdays at Disney

karl46

Original Poster
Could anyone help me? I am visiting WDW next year and while i am visiting one of the parks it is going to be my birthday. I have heard that i can get a birthday badge but was wondering if this is just for children or for adults aswell. Has anyone else done this and if so do you get any special treatment?
What can I expect?

karl46

Original Poster
Thanks. I already have booked tickets so the free entry wont mean much but at least i get a badge.

Tiggerfanatic

Could anyone help me? I am visiting WDW next year and while i am visiting one of the parks it is going to be my birthday. I have heard that i can get a birthday badge but was wondering if this is just for children or for adults aswell. Has anyone else done this and if so do you get any special treatment?
What can I expect?

Everyone's a kid at Disney!! Definitely stop in at Guest Services and get your button. I celebrated my 50th last year, and proudly wore mine. Be prepared for a lot of attention - CM's wishing you Happy Birthday, sometimes getting everyone around you to sing, I was serenaded by the Babership Quarter on Main Street, Winnie the Pooh picked a flower from a bush and gave it to me - so if you're shy, you might not want to draw attention to yourself! If this kind of stuff doesn't bother you, then certainly go for it and have fun!! Just don't go expecting a bunch of freebies, and be pleasantly surprised with whatever happens!!

I've spent around 7 or 8 birthdays in the parks in my adult life and have always proudly worn the birthday pin. Every time the special treatement from the cast never fails to amaze me. This year I was there on my birthday and we stopped for lunch in Tomorrowland. The CM taking my order commented on my birthday pin and we made small talk while he was taking my order. He asked me if I prefer carrot cake or chocolate cake. An odd question I thought, but I figured he was just asking about cake because he knew it was my birthday so I told him chocolate cake. I didn't really think too much about it until when I went to pick up my order and there was a slice of chocolate cake waiting there for me! I double checked my receipt to see if I had been charged for it but it had been given to me at no charge! It's the little surprises like that which make me love the parks so much and keep me going back year after year. Wear the pin. It will make your day much more special!

karl46

Original Poster
Thanks for all your comments. Looking at the link provided by MOM it looks like i may be able to get a special fastpass which is good for me and up to 5 other people.

gwhb75

I was there last week and saw a lot of adults with birthday buttons on. Make sure if you are eating at a table-service restaurant that you let the wait staff know it's your birthday and see what happens (I saw everything from specially decorated cupcakes (1900 Park Fare) to full cakes (Cinderella's Royal Table)).

City Hall is on the left hand side once you walk through the main entrance to the Magic Kingdom (the building with the clock on it). You can get all kinds of buttons there (Anniversary, Birthday, Just Married, 1st Visit, etc).

karl46

Original Poster
I was there last week and saw a lot of adults with birthday buttons on. Make sure if you are eating at a table-service restaurant that you let the wait staff know it's your birthday and see what happens (I saw everything from specially decorated cupcakes (1900 Park Fare) to full cakes (Cinderella's Royal Table)).

City Hall is on the left hand side once you walk through the main entrance to the Magic Kingdom (the building with the clock on it). You can get all kinds of buttons there (Anniversary, Birthday, Just Married, 1st Visit, etc).

Thanks for the info. I was going to go to Hollywood studios on my birthday but do you think i should change this to Magic Kingdom. I can only spend part of the day there as i have got tickets to go to Medieval Times in the evening about 7pm i think.

Thanks for evryones help.

I have always wanted to go for my birthday, but haven't made it there yet. I've also hear to stop by city hall in the MK for a pin. I thought I've also heard that some other parks have the buttons as well (but I'm not 100% certain.)

Maybe I can convince my future-hubby to take me for my 30th in a year and a half...:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom