Birthday treatment

Well they usually give you a big button-style pin at check-in onto which they write your name. If you wear it, cast members (and guests too) wish you a happy birthday when they notice it.
At restaurants, the waiters will sing their unique rendition of "Happy Birthday" and put a candle in your dessert. Sometimes they bring a free dessert or Mickey confetti (I know Tony's in Magic Kingdom does).
Depending on the resort, I think they send a balloon to your room with a card signed by characters. I know that did that for an anniversary trip.

The most important thing to do is let the cast members know its your birthday trip so they can try to make it special with whatever surprises are at their disposal...they can do many things, but they can't read minds!

hrcollectibles

Hey Everyone,

I was wondering what special little things Disney does to make your birthday more special.

Well you can get a Birthday button at all of the theme parks. Castmembers will usually say Happy Birthday as well as random guests... I had my Birthday Dinner at Narcoosies a few years ago and the printed commemorative menus :)

JeffC

I've been down there a few times during my birthday and they usually make it known - even if you don't want it.
One year we returned to our room to find a birthday cake and balloons.
Another year, at every restaurant the day before, and day of my birthday, the waiter came to me, made it known he knew and something was done - from a special desert to the embarrassing "Happy Birthday" song.
My experience has been that if you go during your birthday, Disney knows.
It's amazing...

tigglet83

When we down last time for my birthday we got the B-Day pin and really got noticed by the CM's at the rides and attractions. They too may give you a B-Day card signed by the cast of that attraction. For example: We were on The Great Movie Ride And when it was over our tour guide came over and gave me a card signed by all the employees of the attraction.

Joseph360

We are going for my 12th bday jan. 2009. first bday trip so dont know much-LOL!! We have been for my dad's last 2 bdays, though.:brick::brick:Finally, its my turn to wear the button!!:lol: if you go to Sci-Fi dine-in, they should give you a card and ice-cream sundae, if you wear the button, that is.

Cmdr_Crimson

While the buttons used to be specific to each park they are not any longer. All of the parks now have the same button. :(

Yep I was lucky to get All 4 Even tho MK's & Studios were the same.
Bdaybuttons.jpg

TwoTigersMom

Well you can get a Birthday button at all of the theme parks. Castmembers will usually say Happy Birthday as well as random guests... I had my Birthday Dinner at Narcoosies a few years ago and the printed commemorative menus :)

That would be nice! We're going to Narcoosees on the 30th for our 13th anniversary and DH's birthday.

Last year, we were there for both our birthdays and our anniversary as well. When we checked into our room there were posters on the walls saying "Happy Birthday" and Happy Anniversary with our names on them. They also gave us a pin from the Yacht Club that said Happy Anniversary on it. When we returned home from our trip there were cards with pictures of the characters and signed for us in the mail.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Do they do anything special if it is your honeymoon?

Similar things. There are honeymoon buttons (and anniversary, and first time) to be had at guest services. Do mention it either when booking your room or checking in. Also mention it when making dinner ADR's....especially at the higher end restaurants. There may be surprises left in your room as well as surprises during meals.

Those that wear bride and groom mickey ears also usually get plenty of attention.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom