Birthday Celebration Ideas

awheartsdw

We are leaving in two weeks and my husband and I would like to do something special to celebrate our daughter's birthday while we are visiting Disney. We will be in Disney on her actual birthday, Valentine's Day, and we want to make a big deal about it. We have an ADR for Teppan Edo that night for dinner (we always have hibachi on her birthday, it's a tradition, so why not continue it in Disney) and I was told that I can contact the Disney bakery and had something made and delivered to the restaurant that night or I can make a cake request upon check-in at the restaurant, it just wouldn't be personalized. Does anyone have any experience with using the Disney bakery and what they'll create or requested a cake upon check-in? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

epcotisbest

We are leaving in two weeks and my husband and I would like to do something special to celebrate our daughter's birthday while we are visiting Disney. We will be in Disney on her actual birthday, Valentine's Day, and we want to make a big deal about it. We have an ADR for Teppan Edo that night for dinner (we always have hibachi on her birthday, it's a tradition, so why not continue it in Disney) and I was told that I can contact the Disney bakery and had something made and delivered to the restaurant that night or I can make a cake request upon check-in at the restaurant, it just wouldn't be personalized. Does anyone have any experience with using the Disney bakery and what they'll create or requested a cake upon check-in? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
@HouCuseChickie is the resident cake expert on this board. I have tagged her so maybe she will know about this thread when she logs in.

Upvote 0

gooftroop5

There's also the Disney florist for fun celebrations. They can be a little pricey though. When we go it is either my birthday or my daughters birthday. We find ways to make it special. Sometimes I make sneaky purchases and have gifts for her "from Mickey". My kids/hubby have done the same for me. Make sure she wears her birthday button!

Upvote 0

awheartsdw

Original Poster
Thanks, gooftroop5. I think we may bring a few things down with us or make some purchases when she isn't around and surprise her. She can't wait to wear the button and all the attention that goes with it!

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

The link to the Cake Talk thread is in my signature...so that can help you quite a bit.

The one issue I can see right off the bat is that Teppan Edo is not one of the restaurants that uses the Epcot Bakery...so, your options are going to be far more limited. This is the contact info and options for a cake at Teppan Edo. I would call right away just to make sure you get everything squared away in time. If you're interested in a cake at your resort or perhaps another restaurant...your options will be different.

Teppan Edo & Tokyo Dining — 407-827-8773

• 6-inch $23 cake in any combination of chocolate and/or vanilla
  • 8-inch $35 cake, same options
  • 10-inch $49 cake, same options
  • $5 charge for inscription or character screen print

Upvote 0

Courtney6682

We are going for my youngest step-daughters 9th birthday in May...I got this idea from another poster...but she decorated her room windows with bday decals and streamers...sounds so cute! I decided that we will pack all her presents and have her open them the morning of her bday when she wakes up. We will also let her decide what park to do that day, and I know u said u have dinner ressies already but we decided on Beaches and Cream for dinner to get the kitchen sink for her!

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

For my DW's birthday we purchaesd the Richard Petty experience for her, she screamed her head off but love it. For our DS we did Cirque du Soleil then dinner at DTD which was also great.

Upvote 0

awheartsdw

Original Poster
The link to the Cake Talk thread is in my signature...so that can help you quite a bit.

The one issue I can see right off the bat is that Teppan Edo is not one of the restaurants that uses the Epcot Bakery...so, your options are going to be far more limited. This is the contact info and options for a cake at Teppan Edo. I would call right away just to make sure you get everything squared away in time. If you're interested in a cake at your resort or perhaps another restaurant...your options will be different.

Teppan Edo & Tokyo Dining — 407-827-8773

• 6-inch $23 cake in any combination of chocolate and/or vanilla
  • 8-inch $35 cake, same options
  • 10-inch $49 cake, same options
  • $5 charge for inscription or character screen print
So informative @HouCuseChickie. Greatly appreciated. Who knew? Cake! :geek:

Upvote 0

awheartsdw

Original Poster
We are going for my youngest step-daughters 9th birthday in May...I got this idea from another poster...but she decorated her room windows with bday decals and streamers...sounds so cute! I decided that we will pack all her presents and have her open them the morning of her bday when she wakes up. We will also let her decide what park to do that day, and I know u said u have dinner ressies already but we decided on Beaches and Cream for dinner to get the kitchen sink for her!
Have a great time @Courtney6682, and very Happy Birthday to your daughter! Good luck finishing off The Kitchen Sink, that's definitely on our Disney bucket list!

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Make sure the resort you are staying in knows the trip is to celebrate your daughter's birthday. Mickey and Minnie will make a special phone call to her. And if the restaurant knows you are celebrating her birthday (you can usually add that to the reservation by calling Disney Dining), they will bring her a birthday cupcake and sometimes a nice card.

Mousekeeping doesn't leave the birthday card with the photo of Mickey in your room anymore, sadly. At least we've not gotten ones the past year or so on our birthday trips.

And if you call Disney and have a nice chat with the Cast Member on the phone, you might receive a surprise in the mail - I got a personal autographed photo of my favorite princess, a birthday card and other nice little things. Made my day - and I called the CM who sent me the items (she had included a nice note and her direct line) to thank her.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom