Birthday at Cinderella's Royal Table...

Disney730

Original Poster
Hi y'all! We are going to Disney in June and my goddaughter will be celebrating her 6th birthday during our trip. On the day of her birthday we are taking her to Bibbity Boppity Boutique in the morning and then lunch at CRT, followed by meeting Anna & Elsa (FP). Her mom and I were trying to decide between getting her the "Her Royal Highness" package or just ordering a cake and having it sent to the restaurant/table. My thinking was, she's doing the BBB so she'll already have a crown and it would most likely be cheaper just ordering the cake separately. Also we have a party of 7 and you get a 6" cake, so we could order an 8". My question is, is it worth it for the package or are you just overpaying for a 6" cake, a balloon and glitter? lol What are your opinions? Thanks in advance!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Personally, I would just get the cake. She's already gotten the royal treatment at BBB and most likely will get some more with the photo session in the Castle with Cinderella and at her table. There is a thread on this board about Disney cakes - sorry, don't remember the exact title. But I'm sure someone else will respond to your post with the info - and the thread includes photos of some amazing looking cakes.

Happy birthday to your goddaughter. That's such a magical age - they are still discovering the world and school.

Weather_Lady

Hi y'all! We are going to Disney in June and my goddaughter will be celebrating her 6th birthday during our trip. On the day of her birthday we are taking her to Bibbity Boppity Boutique in the morning and then lunch at CRT, followed by meeting Anna & Elsa (FP). Her mom and I were trying to decide between getting her the "Her Royal Highness" package or just ordering a cake and having it sent to the restaurant/table. My thinking was, she's doing the BBB so she'll already have a crown and it would most likely be cheaper just ordering the cake separately. Also we have a party of 7 and you get a 6" cake, so we could order an 8". My question is, is it worth it for the package or are you just overpaying for a 6" cake, a balloon and glitter? lol What are your opinions? Thanks in advance!

If they know it's her birthday, she'll have a special placemat "signed" by the princesses at her table, and they'll bring out a little cupcake for her at the end of the meal with a birthday candle for her to wish upon. At least, that's what they did when my daughter visited on her 6th birthday last May (you could discreetly ask your server on arrival if they still do that). I had noted the celebration on our reservation, but didn't say anything to the server or ask for anything special, so it was a lovely surprise to us.

Frankly, I'd skip the add-on packages and the cake! Dining at CRT (especially after BBB) is hugely special all by itself (and already includes dessert!), and the princesses will each make a big fuss over her when they find out it's her birthday. :)

HouCuseChickie

As far as BBB goes...are you thinking of the tiara comb or the big plastic princess crown that many add on to the priciest package? I ask because the crystal tiara comb doesn't come with all of the styles. My younger one got the pop princess last time and it came with the hair extension piece and 4 Mickey clips. If you're certain she's going to pick the hair style that comes with the crystal tiara comb, I wouldn't bother with with the pkg at CRT.

As for the pkg at CRT, unless she just LOOOOOVES those toppers, I prefer going with a custom cake. I usually gravitate to the 3D chocolate toppers, but they also do some great 2D edible stand-ups.Yeah, she'd get a complimentary cupcake if you skipped the cake altogether, but the level of fuss/attention you get when a custom cake is brought out at any TS meal is night and day compared to the complimentary cupcake. The normal reaction for a custom cake is most of the dining room (or that area) stopping to ogle the cake. Depending on the cake design, even other servers or managers (or even the chef) might even pop by to get one last look (since they all check out the cakes that are being housed in the kitchen). Of course, I do tend to go over the top with cake designs. :D You can grab the link to the cake talk thread from my signature if you're interested in more cake info. I have TONS of pics and ordering info over there. I also have the thread set up to email me when there are posts, so I should be able to reply pretty quickly if you post any inquiries on the thread.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
As far as BBB goes...are you thinking of the tiara comb or the big plastic princess crown that many add on to the priciest package? I ask because the crystal tiara comb doesn't come with all of the styles. My younger one got the pop princess last time and it came with the hair extension piece and 4 Mickey clips. If you're certain she's going to pick the hair style that comes with the crystal tiara comb, I wouldn't bother with with the pkg at CRT.

As for the pkg at CRT, unless she just LOOOOOVES those toppers, I prefer going with a custom cake. I usually gravitate to the 3D chocolate toppers, but they also do some great 2D edible stand-ups.Yeah, she'd get a complimentary cupcake if you skipped the cake altogether, but the level of fuss/attention you get when a custom cake is brought out at any TS meal is night and day compared to the complimentary cupcake. The normal reaction for a custom cake is most of the dining room (or that area) stopping to ogle the cake. Depending on the cake design, even other servers or managers (or even the chef) might even pop by to get one last look (since they all check out the cakes that are being housed in the kitchen). Of course, I do tend to go over the top with cake designs. :D You can grab the link to the cake talk thread from my signature if you're interested in more cake info. I have TONS of pics and ordering info over there. I also have the thread set up to email me when there are posts, so I should be able to reply pretty quickly if you post any inquiries on the thread.

Oh, and that cupcake is one very dry bland cupcake. HouCuseChickie IS the Disney cake expert on this board. I would strongly suggest taking her advice. And she can provide photos of some amazing cakes.

Disney730

Original Poster
Personally, I would just get the cake. She's already gotten the royal treatment at BBB and most likely will get some more with the photo session in the Castle with Cinderella and at her table. There is a thread on this board about Disney cakes - sorry, don't remember the exact title. But I'm sure someone else will respond to your post with the info - and the thread includes photos of some amazing looking cakes.

Thanks @LAKid53! That's about what I figured. I just wanted some extra input before I tired to steer my cousin to just go with the cake instead. I'll check out that cake thread, thanks!

If they know it's her birthday, she'll have a special placemat "signed" by the princesses at her table, and they'll bring out a little cupcake for her at the end of the meal with a birthday candle for her to wish upon. At least, that's what they did when my daughter visited on her 6th birthday last May (you could discreetly ask your server on arrival if they still do that). I had noted the celebration on our reservation, but didn't say anything to the server or ask for anything special, so it was a lovely surprise to us.

Frankly, I'd skip the add-on packages and the cake! Dining at CRT (especially after BBB) is hugely special all by itself (and already includes dessert!), and the princesses will each make a big fuss over her when they find out it's her birthday. :)

Thank you @Weather_Lady! Do you know if I can add that notation to the ADR online or should I call? I completely get what you're saying but my cousin really wants her to have a cake. I guess since I don't currently live near them this will act as a mini birthday party for her that we can all be there and participate in. I figured the added package was excessive thought. I think I'll try to get her to just got with a small cake. As it stands I'm sure she will have a very special and magical day!

Thank you both for the advice!

Disney730

Original Poster

Her Mom is buying her a new Cinderella dress (in addition to the other 12, lol) just for the occasion so I'm sure she will be buying her a crown there if she doesn't choose the one with a crown.

The cake is going to be a surprise, so she won't see the toppers anyway. I was thinking about those chocolate toppers. How much in addition to the cake are they? I also go over top with cakes, as I am a pastry chef and cake decorator. I also know the attention/fuss a cake gets when brought out and I dont want to take that away from her. :)

Thank you @HouCuseChickie I will definitely check out the thread!

Weather_Lady

As far as how to add the celebration to your reservation, I'd call, just because it's easier. You used to be able to add them online after making your reservation, but when I last tried to do it, I couldn't: if I hadn't noted the celebration at the time I initially made the ADR, I couldn't go back and modify it later. This was a year ago, though, so it's possible that the online system now lets you do it again...

Good luck!

HouCuseChickie

Her Mom is buying her a new Cinderella dress (in addition to the other 12, lol) just for the occasion so I'm sure she will be buying her a crown there if she doesn't choose the one with a crown.

The cake is going to be a surprise, so she won't see the toppers anyway. I was thinking about those chocolate toppers. How much in addition to the cake are they? I also go over top with cakes, as I am a pastry chef and cake decorator. I also know the attention/fuss a cake gets when brought out and I dont want to take that away from her. :)

Thank you @HouCuseChickie

Even more reason to skip the pkg, as the Disney supplied topper would be automatically used. There's little to no room for modification/customization with those cakes either. If you do provide your own topper(s) for a custom cake... 1. let them know when you request your quote and place your order 2. find out how they want them delivered. Sometimes, they can coordinate topper drop off a day or 2 in advance while sometimes you have to rely on the restaurant. i.e. slip the topper(s) to the hostess at check in to get them back into the kitchen to be put in place.

And if you've done any Disney themed cakes, we'd love to see your cakes on the cake thread :) I have been doing custom cakes on the side for about 8 years, but I'm burned out and am trading fondant and frosting for races right now. Which reminds me, you'll be working with the Contemporary bakery by doing a cake at a MK restaurant. Chef Brian has been great about working with my sketches in the past and I've found it to be really beneficial with Disney cakes.
[/QUOTE]

Bellarina

I celebrated my twin DD's 10th birthday (double digits!) at CRT last summer. We did BBB first followed by lunch. Instead of the Royal Highness or cake, I ordered each girl the Chocolate Slipper dessert as a surprise. You order it from the same place that you order the cakes. They wrote Happy Birthday with each girl's name on the plate in chocolate. The waiters brought them out with lit candles. It was really beautiful and not as expensive as the cake (I think they were $12.50 each). My daughters absolutely loved them. Everyone sang Happy Birthday to them in the restaurant and it was a wonderful way to spend a birthday!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom