Biggest ripoff at WDW?

wizards8507

Original Poster
Thought this might be fun... What part of your WDW vacation to you find to be the biggest ripoff? Could be something that you would never ever consider paying for (like V+A's) or something that you pay for and absolutely hate (like parking).

I'll start with Bibbidy Bobbidi Boutique. To me, the only thing that BBB accomplishes is making all the little girls who didn't get BBB jealous.

erasure fan1

there isn't a Daddy on Earth that could survive the tears of his little daughter :).

I am SOOOOO glad my daughter never really wanted to do this so I never had to go up against that unstoppable force. :lol:

To me the biggest ripoff is the food. Most of it is so over priced and over rated its not even funny. Things likethe beef tacos at Mexico, $10 for 3 tacos (about 3in long) with nothing really on them and about 12 chips, it looked like a kids meal. Chef Mickey breakfast, cost us $100 for food about half as good as Dennys and characters that dont spend the time they should considering the cost. There are some meals and places t eat that are worth the money but all in all its a joke in my opinion. I know a lot of people will disagree but living in Chicago land we have so many A+ places to eat maybe Im just spoiled.

captainkidd

The resorts, specifically, the Deluxe ones. Disney has priced me out. $400 per night to stay at any Deluxe Resort that holds 5 people to a room???

In case anyone is interested, in the past 20 years, Disney resort prices have increased 100%.

How about nothing? I don't get to visit wdw as often as I used to so I always try to make the most out of my trip. Yes it's expensive, but I saved for this trip and I'm going to do it they way I want and make the most out of it! It's a vacation, relax and enjoy!

wizards8507

Original Poster
Yet another Disney _________s thread. :brick:

Why not? But let's just cut to the chase and blame Meg Crofton for everything....

Actually no. I've been one of the most adamant defenders of Disney in a number of threads, which has gotten me flamed repeatedly by the "Fix the Magic" folks, one of which I am not. I was merely thinking about a recent experience I had with a bratty little girl (not to say that all BBB patrons are brats, but this one was) on a resort bus the other day who was pulling out her $50 princess updo and complaining about one thing or the other about how unacceptable her $150 dress was.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Paying 85 dollars to go to Animal Kingdom from 9-5

Actually no. I've been one of the most adamant defenders of Disney in a number of threads, which has gotten me flamed repeatedly by the "Fix the Magic" folks, one of which I am not. I was merely thinking about a recent experience I had with a bratty little girl (not to say that all BBB patrons are brats, but this one was) on a resort bus the other day who was pulling out her $50 princess updo and complaining about one thing or the other about how unacceptable her $150 dress was.

So don't go.....

Did you pay for the makeover or dress?

HouCuseChickie

Thought this might be fun... What part of your WDW vacation to you find to be the biggest ripoff? Could be something that you would never ever consider paying for (like V+A's) or something that you pay for and absolutely hate (like parking).

I'll start with Bibbidy Bobbidi Boutique. To me, the only thing that BBB accomplishes is making all the little girls who didn't get BBB jealous.

OK - I'm guessing you don't have a little girl. You see, any little girl will NOT get jealous :). They will whimper, look at Daddy with tears in their eyes, and explain very clearly why Daddy doesn't love them... unless THEY get to go to BBB :).

This was Marketing BRILLIANCE on Disney's part - there isn't a Daddy on Earth that could survive the tears of his little daughter :).

Anybody who has ever seen any of my posts would probably know that I agree with Trotsky on this - and then some. The OP's argument of it just making other little girls jealous could be said about a million and one things at WDW- or all over the world outside of WDW for that matter. There's always going to be something to make someone jealous...so it's a pretty weak argument. Speak to any parent of a princess loving child who made the advance booking to get their child into BBB and pretty much all of them will say it was worth every penny! DH who constantly accuses me of spoiling the kids :lookaroun:lol::D paid for DD4 to do BBB and actually turned to me at the end and not only LOVED watching her go through the process but remarked that it was a really good deal for the $ (he even played the role of "the royal nail dryer" :) ). I have over 20 friends that have done BBB with their girls and only one had a bad experience- and that's b/c she forgot to get the tangles out of her daughter's hair...so the fault lies with her there. There are several local kiddie salons that do similar things and not only do you pay more for these services but you don't get as much. Plus, like Trotsky noted- this is marketing brilliance!!! :king:

The resorts, specifically, the Deluxe ones. Disney has priced me out. $400 per night to stay at any Deluxe Resort that holds 5 people to a room???

In case anyone is interested, in the past 20 years, Disney resort prices have increased 100%.

This was the first thing that came to mind when I thought about ripoffs. I really like the perks of staying on site and like a deluxe hotel, but when you consider the prices of Disney deluxe hotels and compare the luxury level to other 4 and 5 star hotels outside of WDW in various major cities and I start to feel jipped.

WDW2010

I'm 20 years young and I've been to Disney twice when I was 19 and this past March. Yes, a lot of thing are overpriced and I wish it was cheaper just like everyone else but that's the way it is. When you end up going to a family vacation spot that is literally like a "world" I didn't expect it to be cheap. There is spots in the parks where food, drinks, souvenirs etc is pretty decently priced. The best that I can remember was in MK when I purchased a MK Mickey Mouse souvenir mug probably...10 inches tall 4 inches wide for 3 dollars or 4..soda included. In DTD, I purchased a Cinderella Castle fleece blanket for my mother for only 10 dollars, and IMO it is worth much much more than that. It is expensive but visiting such a resort; world...what do you expect?

HouCuseChickie

Thanks for that advice. I'm an annual passholder I just feel like day guests who pay 85 dollars for 8 hours of theme park touring is an absolute ripoff

I recently met someone who went to WDW for a week and her husband is military. Not only were they unaware of MYW tickets, but were unaware that he qualified for a military discount. So, they bought full priced tickets each and every day of their trip. Now, it's not WDW's fault that she didn't do her research, but I think they count on people like this when it comes to pricing.

WDW2010

I recently met someone who went to WDW for a week and her husband is military. Not only were they unaware of MYW tickets, but were unaware that he qualified for a military discount. So, they bought full priced tickets each and every day of their trip. Now, it's not WDW's fault that she didn't do her research, but I think they count on people like this when it comes to pricing.

Correct, both trips I've been on I've used the military discount from my girlfriends grandfather. Last year it was $99 for 4 day passes and this past march $138 for 4 days/park hopper ( or 4 extra days for water park fun and more)

olinecoach61

I'll agree the food is expensive and the 85 dollar entry fee is steep, but there is no place else like wow, thats why we continue to go back.

mickey2008.1

For us, we have no problem with most of the pricing, because its the only place in the world thats unique and mostly caters to us. CM's, not park attendants, great shows, fireworks, complete submersion. What we don't get are the prices for bottled water. We will just continue to go to Hess and bring it with us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom