News Big Thunder Mountain Railroad closing for brief period in January 2024

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
According to the Walt Disney World website, it appears Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be closed January 16-20 and is currently expected to reopen January 21. Hours have been recently removed from the website on those dates.

@danlb_2000 also posted these permits below.

Purduevian

Is there any plans/hope that they actually will add the dynamite at some point to MK?
My guess is until the lines/LL for it take a dip, they don't see any point in enhancing it.

It is on of 3 "thrill" rides in MK so it's always going to draw a crowd (4 once tiana opens)

At DLR most people have a hopper with easy access to DCA and DLR giving them Thunder, space, matterhorn, Incredicoaster, and guardians for a thrill. You can kind of count Indy, RotR, RSR, Goofy. Thus Big thunder needs more to keep its popularity.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Man, that corner of the park is gonna be a ghost town for those few days. With both Splash and Thunder down the only thing will be the train.

ToTBellHop

Man, that corner of the park is gonna be a ghost town for those few days. With both Splash and Thunder down the only thing will be the train.
1702513269670.jpeg

Disone

It will be available the first and last day of our trip. I don't care what anyone says I think this is my favorite ride
It's a lot of people's favorite ride. It's pretty darn popular. I don't think you should feel bad for saying that. I'm glad that it will have some days open while you're here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom