Big River Grille & Brewing Works

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Has anyone ever eaten at the Big River Grille & Brewing Works at the Boardwalk? Is it any good? We tried to make a reservation for a lunch time in late August but I guess Disney doesn't make reservations for them. Are they owned by a different company? Is it busy for lunch?

Thanks!
36 days to go!

The Mom

Premium Member
They are not owned by WDW, and, as far as I know, do not particpate in the free dining, dining plans, etc, so you have a good chance of getting in for lunch or dinner. My daughter and her boyfriend were able to get in on July 1with no problem.

They said the food was OK, not great, not bad. We like their beers, and have had inconsistant food/service over the years. Sometimes very good, sometimes not.

If you've been to their restaurant in Chattanooga, or Seven Bridges in Jacksonville, you'll know what to expect. You can't go wrong with a burger, fries, salad, and a tall cold one. ;)

Rob562

They are not owned by WDW, and, as far as I know, do not particpate in the free dining, dining plans, etc, so you have a good chance of getting in for lunch or dinner.

While you're correct about it not being a location that accepts the DDE discount, they *do* participate in the Dining Plan. It's on the official list of participating DDP locations:
http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/m...agespecific/eng/nontheme/tickets/08Dining.pdf

They used to accept reservations, but stopped doing so a year or two ago.

-Rob

tigsmom

We had dinner there 2 trips ago. The place was packed (IMHO it's too small for the volume they try to push thru) and very noisy. The food was good, the DH & kids had burgers and I had salmon. We just walked up (were on our way back from Epcot) and had to wait about 10 minutes.

maelstrom

We tried to eat there earlier in the month, but apparently they refused to serve anything with tomatoes, even though obviously Disney was still able to do so, because not all tomatoes in the world are tainted. They had no signs up to this effect and we only learned about it upon being seated. Since the entrees we wanted included tomatoes and/or sauce, we did not get to eat there.

LetsGoAgain

I can't say I have been to the one there in WDW but I have been to the one here in Chattanooga many times. It is great and I have never had anything I didn't like there. Actually, I have never thought of it as a Burger/Fries joint. We like the pasta, pizza, salmon, steak.. we like it all there! I haven't ever seen anyone order a burger there so the PP's comment kinda threw me off.

Give it a try!

The Mom

Premium Member
I can't say I have been to the one there in WDW but I have been to the one here in Chattanooga many times. It is great and I have never had anything I didn't like there. Actually, I have never thought of it as a Burger/Fries joint. We like the pasta, pizza, salmon, steak.. we like it all there! I haven't ever seen anyone order a burger there so the PP's comment kinda threw me off.

Give it a try!

My son always does, or, always used to do so. His palate has really expanded in the past couple of years, so it's no longer an issue.

Disneybird

I've never been to Big River at WDW, but my husband has, and enjoyed it. We go to the ones in Chattanooga quite often. My husband says they have some of the best beer he has ever had and it is brewed on site. We also, have never ordered the burgers and fries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom