Big River Brewing Opinions

twag1

Original Poster
We like to try at least a couple new venues each visit and this time we have BRB slated, in part for variety reasons.

The recent best/worst thread included a few "worst" and a void of "bests" concerning the place.

Any recent experiences of note??

Ohana is one of our other first timers which sounds like a pretty safe bet for the most part!!!!

Epcotfan21

If you enjoy eating at Chili's, you'll like this place. Food is very meh and the beer is decent for a craft brewery.

My recommendation is to try someplace else unless you're going to spend the evening hanging on the Boardwalk and taking in the sights/entertainment. Even then I would consider other options before deciding on Big River.

DisDadWoz

We think it's okay. Burgers are good and so is the beer. What we do like about it is being able to sit outside on the Boardwalk and people watch/enjoy the environment. My family sometimes refers to it as "glorified quick service" which I can understand.

EvilQueen-T

We went once for dinner about 2 or 3 years ago and we all agreed the service and the beers were fine but the food was tasteless.

PinnySmart

It is usually the place we go when we haven't made other plans. On the spur of the moment someone is hungry and we don't have an aft within the next few hours. The food has never been bad but it is forgettable. We've been several times and I have no recollection of what I ordered. It's a shame too because the boardwalk is such a pretty area.

twag1

Original Poster
Thanks all!

Started thinking that I was going to recommend some place else maybe, but after a little more thought....

Quality of food is important, but the more I thought about it, in the World the entire dining experience as a whole is kind of my driver.The actual food is only a component of that; an important component but not THE component. If that makes sense!

Will go full-cycle this visit - first time as a grandpa. She is a bit on the small side yet, but because we've visited enough before, our schedule is more designed to fit her as we don't have to marathon-park it every day. Early dinner dining ressies, little more of a lean to breakfast on the TS meals, etc.

Nice boat ride over from EPCOT. Then dining on the BW as described, where we can bomb around a little outside on a beautiful day if she gets antsy waiting for the food, without hoards of people around, actually sounds kind of attractive. Grandpa will let her run a bit! Already got that vision! We can maybe set our food expectation a tick lower, which might make for a pleasant surprise.

Talked myself into giving it a try!

NiarrNDisney

Big River isnt the nicest of places and there are better restaurants on property but it is a good casual restaurant and a great place to meet up with friends for drinks and appetizers!

Must haves:

Asiago Artichoke Crap Dip

Beer Cheese Soup

Bloody Mary's

Jalapeno Spinach Dip

Oh and the Brewery's Beers are great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom