Big Pointe Orlando expansion

71jason

Original Poster
Four new tenants signed for Pointe Orlando. Biggest is probably Blue Martini, which is currently at Mall at Millenia. A very upscale cougar (and manther) bar, it has a huge following--I've rarely seen it when it wasn't packed. Curious to see if its regulars follow it; Millenia is sort of the No Mans Land between "Tourist Orlando" and "Regular Orlando." Will the Winter Park crowd venture to I-Drive?

Pointe is also getting a Benihana, RA Sushi (new to me but a growing chain apparently), and a Minus5 ice bar--meaning two ice bars within a mile of each other. Only in Orlando. These are some nice additions that will go a long way in making that mall feel less empty. If only they could find a way to make parking less annoying.

Full details: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-pointe-orlando-blue-martini-20140122,0,5369481.story

maxairmike

That place must do 90% of its business after sun-down, because through 3pm it was empty, on a Saturday. Lots of empty spaces, though this should help. I'm sure losing Hooters to their own building on I-Drive took some day business away. It is nice around the front where Capital Grille is, but could use some sprucing up around the rest of it.

71jason

Original Poster
It has definitely struggled to find its identity over the years--back around 2000 it tried much harder to be a traditional mall--but lately has reinvented itself as more of an upscale nightlife destination, targeting convention-goers mostly. These four outlets will definitely help in that regard.

That Hooters was never terribly busy--probably not a coincidence that it had horrible service. Much like Adobe, it was kind of a holdover from the old regime. The new stores seem to fit better.

71jason

Original Poster
Had to google "ice bar." Now must check one out. I don't drink, but have GOT to see this.

I'm a fan of the existing one, just a couple blocks south on I-Drive. And not just because they named their new polar bear ice sculpture after me. :cool: It really is a fun time--and if you ever wanted to try vodka, it doesn't go down any smoother than from a frozen glass surrounded by ice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom